• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss118

Smash Master
<standardtoaster>: lol
<standardtoaster>: imo
<standardtoaster>: rename jiggs on css
<standardtoaster>: to 'bair'
<standardtoaster>: ;o
<standardtoaster>: well
<standardtoaster>: 'bair/rest'

DO ET!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Honestly, with the numerous recent achievements, there's so little that's out of reach as far as what this project is capable of modifying. Landing detection (when Dant gets to test his theories) and DI (apparently some leads were found in the last IC-constants stream?) seem very plausible. Only Melee grapples look near impossible to implement, which is a shame but the characters who benefitted from it more than make up for it now.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i have a great idea for the melee grapple!
you could just make every single point on the side of a stage a ledge
and then it could grab anywhere!
but only make it so characters can grab the top ledge (there has to be a constant for that right?)
it'll work perfectly =]

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i have a great idea for the melee grapple!
you could just make every single point on the side of a stage a ledge
and then it could grab anywhere!
but only make it so characters can grab the top ledge (there has to be a constant for that right?)
it'll work perfectly =]
I do not believe there is a constant for "only the top ledge" because ledges are anywhere that you set them. You can't set it to be "top ledge" only left or right ledge.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Paramedic Mario, since he isn't a "fully qualified physician".

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was looking over the constants...
Tap Jump Sensitivity

Ground->Jump TapJump Sensitivity
IIRC, these were going to be toned down, right? I remember some tap jump users saying that it was more sensitive than Melee's and should be turned down.

I think I asked before but were there any constants in mind that needed some changes?

Also...
WallCling Sensitivity
Was the default ever a problem for the characters that can wall cling?

And...
Affects trajectory DI
Eh?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For those of you wondering, toaster *might* be streaming the IC Constant stuff again tonight. New stuff! Just keep a look out in this thread some time between 6:00 PM CST and later. :p

EDIT: And hopefully I can show my battletoad skills at the end of the stream. For those of you who missed the second stream, I did indeed play battletoads at the end. :bee:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Re done verion of my SSBM2 Real World Artists soundtrack (Ready those "This is bad and you should feel bad" moments...):
Menu
X02 - Ms Dynamite - Dy-Na-Mi-Tee
X03 - Celldweller - Solaris
W30 - Boards of Canada - Aquarius
X01 - BT - Kimosabe

Battlefield
X04 - Disturbed - Land of Confusion
T02 - Marilyn Manson - Rock is Dead
X25 - Monster Magnet - Look to Your Orb for the Warning
W21 - Limp Bizkit - My Way
W23 - Pitchshifter - Genius

Final Destination
X05 - Juno Reactor - Burly Brawl
T01 - Celldweller - Stars of Orion
T03 - Grand Theft Audio - Stoopid ***
W25 - Skold - Chaos
W31 - Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Of course I know that all music hacks are optional, I just felt like showing them...

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Re done verion of my SSBM2 Real World Artists soundtrack (Ready those "This is bad and you should feel bad" moments...):

Of course I know that all music hacks are optional, I just felt like showing them...
Could you please explain how this relates to PM?
You always seem to be posting these song lists, but it seems like it's just music you like, with nothing to do with PM, Melee or even Brawl.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything, but just tell us what this has to do with this thread.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
id been thinking about pit getting a new up b (instead of paying attention in my english and history classes XD) but how about giving him a recovery that goes straight up like d3's upb speed and hits like marth's where if anyone hits pit they go off the the side. and it can just have the blue wings flapping once in its animation... because his sideways recovery is fine already but he needs more upward.
About Pit, i have an idea for his upb. I think it should be like...pikachu's. Well not entirely!, he would do just 2 big pushes with his wings, like 2 big leaps, they would be directional with arch trajectory, this would aloud him to retain his upb vbrawl techs "wing cancels" or something and have a fast non broken recovery.

Also i have some other ideas for his gameplay; I think that edgeguard/gimp should be his strong point, with those arrows, that side b and bad killing power, that's already part of his identity in vbrawl.

Up air: low power/knocback, for setup and "airchasing"
F air: medium pow/kb, for getting oponent out of stage
B air: med pow/kb, angle 45 for set up and conditional stage spike
SideB: drags the oponent trough him; mhm...sends the oponent to his back, it shoul be used facing away from the edge
Arrows: they are as now maybe decrease the kb so that you have to hit various arrows to efectively gimp someone
reposting because pit seems to get ignored pretty badly around here...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah.... I'm expecting DI to be perfected on my birthday(that's a realistic date to expect it right?)

Also, Dant said he MIGHT do something about Pit.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
A good amount of characters who need work have been basically backburnered for now, which doesn't really worry me. It's not like they can just release them without doing anything (Pit, ZSS, Dedede etc.)

What is a little annoying is the reluctance to share details or at least ideas you guys have come up with. Give us something to chew on!

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yeah.... I'm expecting DI to be perfected on my birthday(that's a realistic date to expect it right?)

Also, Dant said he MIGHT do something about Pit.
But Dant doesn't work on characters, so he was probably messing around due to the number of people asking about Pit.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Could you please explain how this relates to PM?
You always seem to be posting these song lists, but it seems like it's just music you like, with nothing to do with PM, Melee or even Brawl.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything, but just tell us what this has to do with this thread.
Ill explain...

I got this idea off JCeaser. (He usually has his own music on his Project M video's).

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Ill explain...

I got this idea off JCeaser. (He usually has his own music on his Project M video's).
He has pretty good songs, but how I see it that doesn't have to do with the project either, it's his music, just like many other people use custom soundtracks.
At least explain your logic behind the picks, like how they relate to the particular stages you chose them for.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
everyone
chill the **** out

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytwN3hYp7Cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytwN3hYp7Cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
He has pretty good songs, but how I see it that doesn't have to do with the project either, it's his music, just like many other people use custom soundtracks.
At least explain your logic behind the picks, like how they relate to the particular stages you chose them for.
Just ignore him.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just noticed in one of SB's matches with Mario that he has the Tornado back and it's looking pretty slick, probably better for recovery than it was in Melee.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
his birthday is november 30th
haha, awesome, so is mine :p

/offtopic

Question, are wavedashing and l-canceling easier in Project M due to landing detection? I haven't seen this question get asked (though it probably has), just curious because I see a lot of people with great tech skill in the videos uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom