• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Peach's dsmash isn't disjoint. It's just that peach's legs are invincible while she's doing it.
Oh, my mistake then.
Snake's up tilt :D

Or you can just increase the size of the bones during the certain attacks.
Lemme get this straight.

You want better range on his attacks, but you don't want dis-joints.

The problem with this, is that Pichu's range is literally himself. Increasing this range will mean one of the following:
a) We increase the range of the attack, but make it so this extra range can be hit (despite the model not suggesting it) and Pichu being damaged without apparently being hit.

b) Increase Pichu's range and make it so he can't be hit through this increased range. This is obviously a disjoint, which you disagree with.

c) Increase the range, and increase the model size to match this range. Same as a) but actually looks normal.

------------

I am advocating for b).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I went to a tourny today and someone brought Project M. It was guru kid. Think thats how you spell it. The Pokemon trainer main.

I tried Peach. and played her for a while. At frist I thought she was ok. I had trouble getting use to her and the game. Then I remember, this is a fusion of all games. And I played melee for 2 years competitive with Peach, then started Peach in brawl when it first game out and been that way since. So decided to add Both Melee and Brawl Peach stle into one thing.

And what I have to say about Peach, is that this character is ****ing ****. I have never felt so safe with Peach in brawl like I have now. Her speed mixied with techical Melee stuff she can do along with the advance techs from brawl is just beast. Guru kid recorded some matches of me today since they don't have vids of an experienced Peach main to give feed back. But she is just ****.

Peach is not ment to be played slow and basic. You have to use the whole melle Peach concept with her brawl techs and think quickly. I know you giys are still making changes to this game and fixing stuff. But with Peach as of now, I have no complaints. I could seriously mess with this. Only thing that I had a problem with was her side-B. I can't use it well as a recovery tool to grab the edge. And it seems like it brings me down a lil. I know the range of it got shorter though. Besides that, I feel like I have the perfect Peach in my hands for gameplay.

This game in general is freaking ****. I would actually pick this thing up when it comes out to the public and do tournies. Just Game just ffeels just right. The hell with Brawl+,-,balance. This is where it's at and how it should have been done the first time. Peach is gonna be high tier when this **** hits the streets.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Just recently tried out this mod with a friend, seems really cool.

There is just one thing that bugged me about it, and makes it awkward for me to play, which is that I can't throw with the c-stick. I'm probably a minority in this being an issue at all, but I figure I might as well ask and see if it's feasible to enable throwing with the c-stick and not have it do jabs?

However, it seems to me that would probably be immensely difficult/annoying to implement such a small thing, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Good work.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Since we're on the topic of csticks, is it possible to make cstick not continue a jab? First jab to down-cstick would result in 2 jabs if done too quickly while in Melee, it'd go into a dsmash. Its not high priority though. Its just something I'm used to doing; I know I can simply jab and use the control stick to get out my dsmash.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Dark.Pch, I think Reaver is talking about throwing opponents, not tossing items XD.

And I agree that everything with the C-stick should try to include every aspect it has in Melee, keeping whatever is left over from brawl only if it doesn't interfere with the melee changes.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Dark.Pch you should check out C0nn0r, he's a peach main if I'm not mistaken and gives alot of feedback as well as Vanz but yea the game is **** nonetheless

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just recently tried out this mod with a friend, seems really cool.

There is just one thing that bugged me about it, and makes it awkward for me to play, which is that I can't throw with the c-stick. I'm probably a minority in this being an issue at all, but I figure I might as well ask and see if it's feasible to enable throwing with the c-stick and not have it do jabs?

However, it seems to me that would probably be immensely difficult/annoying to implement such a small thing, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Good work.
We're trying & have been for about a week. Thanks, though.

Kiru

Smash Cadet
Seriously, this is childish.

SSBB is fine. Nobody asked you to change it, yet your claiming brawl is broken and you can't get over it.

Play melee. mod Melee. Brawl is fine.

jalued

Smash Lord

SSBB is fine. Nobody asked you to change it, yet your claiming brawl is broken and you can't get over it.

melee is alot harder to mod, plus people like the larger selection of characters available from the brawl base. As falco said, its mature and being created very professionally (from what i've seen)

kaizo13

Smash Champion

blah blah Nobody asked you to change it, yet your blah brawl is blah and you can't blah over it.

blah melee. blah Melee. Brawl is blah.
nobody asked you to play it

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice

Considering The history behind Melee and its competitive play style and speed. P:M is what melee SHOULD have been. how many of you were upset when u saw that they took out so much? Lower hit stun inhibiting combo usage (im talking very fast 0 to death combos for example). No Lcanceling, no wavedashing, Which slowed the games pace down. and even character specifics like not allowing fox to jump cancel his shine. these may seem small, But those little things are what made the smash series so great. then brawl gets released and half of them are gone. I feel you on your opinion, but from a perspective of someone who has been playing Melee Competitively for about 4 years. Its hard to play brawl wishing you could do the mind blowing techniques, combos, setups or whatever, that melee had to offer.

This project is one of the best Mods ive ever seen in a video game, next to Starcraft 2 Mods.
Keep coding guys.. and take your time because alot of players would be upset if you rushed it and it doesnt come out right

Raqib

Smash Cadet

It is what it is, it's just another Brawl mod. It's not like you're forced to play it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think he was trolling. He didn't even bother responding and he let the controversy take care of itself seeing how it yielded numerous responses.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
i m making a new vertex :bee:

hot.

No seriously.

I'm normally against replacing the default textures, but I've contemplated it so many times for Ganondorf/Link, and now obviously, Zelda.

Maybe it just goes to show how bad of a game Twilight Princess was, or how much better the old designs were? Or maybe both?

Can't wait to see the finished product GameWatching.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I'm impressed by the effort I've been able to observe put into this project. It put my hopes up for a sweet polished product. Although I do like quite a few of the changes that came with Brawl, Melee was the game I played more (even a few tournaments), and which I liked the feel of better. It was nice to see wavedashing go (:p I admit, I like the feel of wavedashing, but it felt somewhat unnatural to the nature of the game) and l-canceling (though I can't even now help trying to l-cancel in Brawl :p ). Auto-canceling arials was an interesting idea (you have to ommit fast falling at times, but you cancel your landing lag, a nice concept). The Brawl air dodge is nice, but it's true I missed the Melee directional air dodge. In the end tripping, the overall stiffness and worse than Melee character balancing (curse you tedious MK...) killed most of my interest in vBrawl. It's too bad I need to play NTSC Brawl for this when it comes... (A Pal user here. Playing Brawl in black and white on my old European TV does feel strange at times...)

Anyway, people typically don't care about other random people's opinions, but I thought it's nice if every now and then someone just expresses their apprecation for the work other people are doing. (Since there are enough messages with constant complaining and bickering)

A few questions. I know people have asked about a beta release date, but I'm still curious: What's the time frame more like: 2-4months or more like 8-12? What types of tecnical issues do you still want to fulfill? I'm wondering which steps of the developement process are more time consuming in general, and where things proceed more quickly (since that's not always obvious).
And another question: What's your character priority listing? (I'm just curious. I was wondering if it's based on ease of character completion, personal character preference, general character preference or "it's just what I started working on" :p)

To abbreviate the written above: Awesome project, continue the good work, and while I'm sure you're already doing it that way: ignore what most people say, and take the little bits of usefulness provided every now and then.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I also do motion graphics/3D work, so I might be able to help out in some capacity with that, if you guys are looking for people to do that kind of stuff. Limited programming experience too, but that's mostly with scripting languages, which I don't know is helpful for a project such as this.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I'm normally against replacing the default textures, but I've contemplated it so many times for Ganondorf/Link, and now obviously, Zelda.

Maybe it just goes to show how bad of a game Twilight Princess was, or how much better the old designs were? Or maybe both?
I'm all up for giving Link and Ganon their old looks because with brawl texturing styles they'd look beast. Especially this one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11643

Zelda, not so beast, Ginormous forehead being ginormous and all. Her TP look is much more elegant in my opinion.

EDIT: Also is yoshi's story finished?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Landing detection will fix the way everything looks. Characters literally don't stay in the air the same amount of time that they did in melee so everything looks different as far as duration..

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Landing detection will fix the way everything looks. Characters literally don't stay in the air the same amount of time that they did in melee so everything looks different as far as duration..
Is landing detection the next milestone?

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

Yes. Landing detection is still a milestone I believe.

Powershield can reflect only if you use the inner bubble.

Revven

FrankerZ
No, reflection of projectiles works, it's just easier than it is in Melee for some characters. There's not much more we can do to powershielding at the moment (from what I was told by shanus). So you really will have to deal with how powershielding works right now until something is figured out as to why it's easier and pops up so frequently. Which I can tell you right now, is unlikely to happen (unless Dantarion's magic wants to prove me wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom