• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You've never heard of the best Region... IN THE REGION!

Oracle

Smash Master
Jolteon show up so we can bop you :D

idk umbreon says marth is bad and thats not the only time i've heard it so w/e lol

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Just a friendly Reminder to anyone in New England that this is happening
http://smashboards.com/threads/whos-your-maine-june-30th-2013-topsham-me.336494/#post-15570844People whose names you might recognize that intend to come: MattdotZeb, Th0rn, Solar, Banks, Darc
Not sure if all the melee players will play PM but I will do my best to convince them to play it anyway.
Got players coming up from Boston, and down from Machias. (Machias is in the same state but it takes almost an hour longer to get to the Venue than it does from Boston)
Relevance to the current conversation? Not much, maybe someone will play Squirtle.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Jolteon show up so we can bop you :D

idk umbreon says marth is bad and thats not the only time i've heard it so w/e lol
If the plane tickets were cheaper then I would come and take that juicy OOR pot bonus from you guys. ;-;

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Someone was asking why Olimar wasn't available yet. I explained that the melee environment requires that offensive play be ever so slightly favoured over defensive play. They brought up Ivysaur. I forgot how to project:M, so can someone provide the true reason? be it that vOlimar is "toxic" for gameplay even if he were balanced or w/e.
Olimar isn't released because we haven't gotten him presentable yet, simple as that.

(And if the response is "What was wrong with Brawl Olimar?" Well.. Even if we keep a lot of a character's playstyle intact, we still have stuff to do on them. And Olimar is both less popular and a pain to develop, so.... Somebody has to be low on the priority totem pole.)

Vashimus

Smash Master
Somebody has to be low on the priority totem pole.)
I just imagined in my head a PMBR member sitting on the computer in dark saying " ****, how the hell did I end up getting stuck with designing Olimar? All the other guys got easy or cool characters. I could've got a Melee character. Tweak a couple things, and BOOM I'd be done. But no. I got ****ing Olimar. Dammit, this is gonna take a while. **** this character."

And he's been putting it off ever since.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Olimar isn't released because we haven't gotten him presentable yet, simple as that.

(And if the response is "What was wrong with Brawl Olimar?" Well.. Even if we keep a lot of a character's playstyle intact, we still have stuff to do on them. And Olimar is both less popular and a pain to develop, so.... Somebody has to be low on the priority totem pole.)
Its good to see that he isn't gonna be cut/replaced. I keep trying to explain to my friends about Poketrainers disapearnce but I swear its like I say it then it just leaves their brain. I for one like Olimar and his match up thing can be wierd. Atleat it was for me in the one local tourney for Brawl I went to. But then again that entire tourney I went to was out of wack so I don't really wanna talk about it lol.

On a different note.... Nintendo Direct 7AM PST / 10AM EST tomorrow for their E3. And also I think I read that they are supposed to be showing the video of the new smash bros. I watched todays E3 if anyone wants details if they missed feel free to shoot me a messege/Alert or whatever it is.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pokemon Trainer wasn't a character as much as a mechanic, or a concept. We're not removing actual playable characters.

Kati

Smash Lord

Yeah the immediate response would be exactly that ^. So to summarize, there is a "conversion process" required for every character regardless of actual changes needed for both balance and being presentable?

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
I never cared for Olimar, personally. But my niece says Pikmen is a good game and he's pretty high on the tier list for Brawl, so I guess he has some fans out there. I have one friend that uses him.. but more as a let's mess around character, or an I want to piss everyone off character. lol

I plan on changing Olimar for another character. lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I never cared for Olimar, personally. But my niece says Pikmen is a good game and he's pretty high on the tier list for Brawl, so I guess he has some fans out there. I have one friend that uses him.. but more as a let's mess around character, or an I want to piss everyone off character. lol

I plan on changing Olimar for another character. lol

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
i can't wait for nintendo's e3 stuff tomorrow
There are few who can. Especially since these game(s) may determine the future course of the entire Smash community-will we finally have a compromise that brings everyone together, or will the internal Civil War just grow worse? we'll know in 7 hours......

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I never heard Brawl vs Melee be called a Civil War

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's unlikely that we'll get anything significant for another 3.5 months, but I'm hoping for some big news about the next Pokemon game, since that will make or break the 3DS for me.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to the incoming crap-storm from the Smash Bros trailer tomorrow.

:)

Also, a side note to the PMBR member designing Olimar.

Dear PMBR Member,​
I know many people are not excited for your creation.​
However, I am.​
Sincerely,​
Sun Jester.​

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have a letter to that mysterious guy

Dear Robocop:

Don't worry about it. We love ROB anyways

Love,

Everyone

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There are few who can. Especially since these game(s) may determine the future course of the entire Smash community-will we finally have a compromise that brings everyone together, or will the internal Civil War just grow worse? we'll know in 7 hours......
we actually won't know. the entire point of e3 and trailers is to hype you, not provide you with information from which you can make a consumer decision. you don't actually know if the game is going to be good or not for quite a while longer.

D

Deleted member

yeah, keep in mind that the e3 version of brawl was actually a playable game.

also, **** olimar. add real characters like yoshi kirby samus first before you add olimar, and then still don't add olimar anyway. same with ice climbers. no one likes them. no one.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
It looks like they took the Skyloft stage idea from the PMBR :p Stage layout is different but the background looks exactly the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom