• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
If you can even get OBS to work with you, then probably.

Any video I've seen using OBS has looked pretty nice. Though I haven't seen Smash on it, or if I have I don't have knowledge of it.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'd love to use OBS but apparently it has compatibility issues with my computer. My face is so sad right now.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm looking to Audio-swap a few videos on youtube, but all the music is AWFUL and there's like no way to search through it.

Coconut oil is super healthy if you buy a good one and really easy to use. I hate the taste of coconut but I like it because I can't taste any coconut traces.
What food would you use it for instead of Olive Oil?
VAC didn't really work for me so I used Amarec
Idk If i already mentioned this to you but for anyone who wants to use it: VAC wasn't working for me because I was opening the "Audio Repeater VS" instead of the "Audio Repeater MME". The VS one basically isn't used at all and wasn't detecting any of the microphones so just pretend it's not there and use the MME.

Here's a post I made on streaming
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread.260812/page-2202#post-15378816

Basically: I use Xsplit [full version] with Audio 128 AAC, Video Resolution 1280x720, Quality 10, Video Bit-rate 4000, and an S-video+Composite Wii cord so I can play in good quality (S-video) and record in Composite without using splitters.

When I record a replay, I switch the cables so it records the S-video and plays on the TV in composite: and I use Virtual dub with x264fw compression and a filter of de-interlace (I found a plug-in called Smart de-interlace which might be better than the ymidf they have in default) and I would also use LAME mp3 encoder for the audio but I haven't got it to work so I just go with no audio compression atm.

If you want the BEST video possible you have to use a superior de-interlace that's basically also a denoiser (http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/TempGaussMC#Modification): but it makes the rendering time take hours for short videos . Also if you want to make the video take the least space you have to Multi-pass the video with the x264fw which I haven't tried yet as well (requires you to reload it in Vdub and select Nth pass)

I by no means have gotten even a slight hold on this crazy crap (I still get desync issues on audio I have to fix each time in Vdub), but this is my best quality with virtual dub so far (Rendered in about 3 mins, file size is 200mb)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZRkAz2WdQ
compared to metroid who has the same capture device [Kworld USB 2.0 Recorder] (he probably renders them for easy render and upload but I don't know if he knows what settings he would use for best quality, which you also have to have the right settings for youtube to not change it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zboeuhLiAZM

de-interlace crap is so confusing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwdlHhP1js
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152783

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I use coconut oil for everything LOL. I use it for eggs in the morning, frying, pretty much anything that doesn't specifically need olive oil.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I love and hate the BrawlCustomMusic site at the same time.

STOP GOING DOWN EVERYTIME I NEED YOU DAMN IT

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
So many details about the Dazzle stuff... I have no idea, someone else has it.
I'll ask/fill them in with this info, thanks.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
This is the social thread, I just wanna introduce myself as proof that this game can acquire entirely new players.

I could tell a long story that no one will care about, so just know that I'm generally new to Smash but am here to stay because of Project M! My friends and I are rubbish players but we still sit around playing every night, trying to get better and enjoying the hell out of it.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
This thread is about long stories, I want to hear it
For you then:

I had a 64 and Smash for that when I was a lot younger, but that was a long time ago and is nothing but fond memories. I had played Melee maybe twice in my life prior to a couple months ago and Brawl a few of times a while ago, but hadn't owned a Nintendo system past the 64 and so never had the games or played them much.

A couple months ago my friends and I began frequently going to play Melee with a guy here at Uni who's got a Gamecube. After a little while, I decided I wanted to step my game up and began trying to learn about the game in whatever places I could find information online. I asked my brother if he knew of any good resources because he's generally a guru when it comes to fighting games, although Guilty Gear and Persona 4 Arena are more his jam, and he pointed me here.

I downloaded an emulator to start practicing on my own time and read my way through most of the general things, as well as everything I could find about not only my choice of character, but also the characters my four riends played. I started suggesting tips here or there to my friends about their respective characters in the hopes that they'd eventually start seeking information on their own and the whole group could take steps forward. One person took to it quickly, and the other three followed suit once they started losing every match to those of us who were doing our research.

Eventually, we couldn't play enough Melee just by visiting the Gamecube owner's room when he was free, so we began playing most every night on my computer with xbox controllers. Not the best way to play the game, but the best we could do. Wandering the forum here, I came across mention of Project M and looked into it. It sounded great and after watching hours and hours of matches, I wanted to try it, so I figured out how to run it through Dolphin and got it going.

The transition to Project M started as a nice change of pace, and we initially split time between it and Melee, but we all grew attached to the more balanced, more varied cast of Project M. We're still trying to learn, but we play almost every night and haven't stopped having a great time. I've looked into getting a Wii and some GC controllers for next year just so we can play it for real, but I'm not sure I can toss money around as a broke student.

So here I am, a new member of a community over a decade old. I'm not good enough to add much to the discussions that go on here, but I can assure you I read most all of them.

9bit_alt

Banned via Warnings
In the meantime, before going full-on and getting a Wii, you should consider picking up some cheap Gamecube controllers and an adapater to plug them in to your computer, so you can at least get used to that aspect of playing. I can't even imagine using an Xbox controller, all the buttons are wrong! :)

Cheap controller

Adapter

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
In the meantime, before going full-on and getting a Wii, you should consider picking up some cheap Gamecube controllers and an adapater to plug them in to your computer, so you can at least get used to that aspect of playing. I can't even imagine using an Xbox controller, all the buttons are wrong! :)

Cheap controller

Adapter
Are those controllers of the same quality as the proprietary Nintendo ones? The ones here and here are the ones currently in open tabs in my browser, but if the third-party ones are fine, I won't throw away money.

This is going to sounds horrible to you all, but the xbox controllers aren't so bad when you've been using them every night for a couple months :X.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wouldn't recommend ever using 3rd party controllers. They tend to break very easily.

There's nothing wrong with playing with an XBox 360 controller with your friends, but if you ever want to go to a tournament someday, that won't be an option. If you do plan on playing people outside your group of friends, it's probably best to get used to Gamecube controllers ASAP.

Welcome to the community!

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Was curious to see the list of True Spikes in Project M and came across this post (not sure if this has been addressed already).

True Spikes:

Captain Falcon (Dair)
DK (Fair, Side B)
Falco (Dair)
Ganon (Aerial Down-B)
Ike (Dair)
Marth (Dair)
Snake (Fair)
Toon Link (Dair)
Lucario (Aerial Super Side-B)
Sonic (Dair)
Pit (Dair)
I'm not sure if Snake's Fair is a true spike.
Is a certain part of the hitbox a true spike? Because I've had a lot of people meteor cancel the Fair.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Was curious to see the list of True Spikes in Project M and came across this post (not sure if this has been addressed already).

I'm not sure if Snake's Fair is a true spike.
Is a certain part of the hitbox a true spike? Because I've had a lot of people meteor cancel the Fair.
I think the heel is a spike, but I'm not positive. Also, its Sonic's fair, not dair. Unless his divekick can spike? And is Falcon's dair a spike or is it like Melee where only his chest area is a spike?

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I think the heel is a spike, but I'm not positive. Also, its Sonic's fair, not dair. Unless his divekick can spike? And is Falcon's dair a spike or is it like Melee where only his chest area is a spike?
If the heel is a spike, then that would make sense imo. Which means you need to space for an actual spike when hitting people with it. Having that whole hitbox as a spike is ludicrous.
I think divekick can spike. I'm unsure since I never seen it in action. As for Falcon's Dair, it's essentially like Melee Falcon's nipple spike.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
If the heel is a spike, then that would make sense imo. Which means you need to space for an actual spike when hitting people with it. Having that whole hitbox as a spike is ludicrous.
I think divekick can spike. I'm unsure since I never seen it in action. As for Falcon's Dair, it's essentially like Melee Falcon's nipple spike.
F-air heel is a meteor, while D-air divekick is a weak spike just when Sonic starts descending.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
It's a kinda weird meteor. It's kinda like PAL Marth's in terms of looks, in that while it sends at a spike-esque angle, it acts as a meteor. That's just me, though.

Hmm, well in that case, is there an actual 'True Spike' list? I would like to figure out what actually spikes or not while I'm playing Project M, since half of the time I play, I encounter a lot of people who claim 'X' character's move is a spike when I'm unsure of what to say. Especially if it's regarding a character that I'm not too familiar with.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I heard his heel was a spike... can 10 people confirm?

In other news, it's really sunny out today, and tonight we may have smash.

Does anyone know if you can hook up a single purchased Dazzle on 2 separate computers? We have it on a computer that we can't even smash near, but would like to get it at my place too. It's gonna be an experiment this weekend, but if anyone knows already, would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom