• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I will try this, my wii does exactly this, I'll tell you how it goes.
If you go through the entire thread with no success, message the guy that was helping me so he can give you more info. We ended up moving the discussion to PMs, so all you'd need to know isn't there.

D

Deleted member

Uh, no. It's pink, so it's clearly the Luvdisc evolution we've been waiting for. Water-type, calling it now.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Good luck with your tourney standardtoaster. I hope it's an awesome one. :)

Too bad I can't go since I'm already going to a tourney in my area. Plus even if I wanted to go, I probably wouldn't be able to go.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
The "let's forever ignore interesting type combinations and just rehash old Pokemon" syndrome is even less of a laughing matter.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
There's no PMBR ruleset, but I think they organized the first page of stages to be the most suitable for competition, with each row in order from the bottom to the top being most like neutrals to most like counterpicks. Other gameplay rules are generally just like melee.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
why arnt neutrals at the top row?

it bothers the **** out of me that theyre at the bottom, it doesnt make any sense to me at all

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
starters are at the bottom because your cursor starts at the bottom. it doesn't make sense to force players to move their cursor the maximum distance to select the most common stages.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
ok, don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i live in the fairfax, VA area and am kinda new to playing with other people. curious as to where the closest place i could play is, that isn't Xandau...i think thats how u spell it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ok, don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i live in the fairfax, VA area and am kinda new to playing with other people. curious as to where the closest place i could play is, that isn't Xandau...i think thats how u spell it.
SypherPhoenix hosts smashfests and tournaments in Fairfax nearly every weekend: http://smashboards.com/threads/syph...ern-va-april-27th-2013-fairfax-va-usa.181915/

The focus is on Melee but I believe there is usually a P:M setup or two there.

But Xanadu and my own smashfests are really the center of the MD/VA P:M scene. Unfortunately it is kind of a drive for VA people.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The "let's forever ignore interesting type combinations and just rehash old Pokemon" syndrome is even less of a laughing matter.
"Forever"? No, the newer gens have many unique combinations. dark/dragon, dark/fighting, dark/steel, grass/steel, pure flying (not really a combo but still new), ground/steel, ground electric, etc.

Handorin

Smash Hero
They have normal with it then? Apparently I can't remember the exact type of every Pokemon from when I was 7

D

Deleted member

Ground/Steel existed before gen 5. And Ground/Electric was so dumb that I don't even count it as unique as much as wasted potential lol.

I think there's at least 30+ type combinations that have yet to be used, which is kind of silly considering there are 649 creatures.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm just glad that the broken typing of Ghost-Dark is restricted to fairly crappy Pokemon lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
fire/ice is cool, but wtf would it be as a pokemon? lol

Speaking of: I suddenly have 2 slots open for fakemon in my 150-strong "JOE-dex" I am reviving.

Any ideas?

leelue

Smash Lord
Baked Alaska

Anyway
KB stacking mechanics are officially my least favorite thing in the ****ing game.
6 times in 7 matches was a kill stolen from me by my own bacon when using game and watch. Once during my own ****ing pan spike. Another on a 9. Thanks a lot, falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom