• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I just had a dream that Neko was going to play me in Charizard dittos but he didn't have any shoes

So I was like "Okay, I'll buy you some shoes then"

And Neko was all "But you're poor you can't afford to get shoes"

And I said "Dude shut the **** up you said you need shoes and I'm getting you them"

Then I stole tennis shoes from the back of Sam's Club

We never played Zard dittos :c

i have no words.

MaxThunder

PM Support
That reminds me I should really buy a lucid dreaming device sometime just for kicks if I can get it to work. Even if you know it's a dream though I don't think you can just then outright change it which is the goal of lucid dreaming.
i usually notice i'm dreaming... and have some limited controll... but i mostly just end up with stuff like "oh look there's a giant burger over there... i wanna squash it... wait, legs y are you going towards that giant scissor monster??? go towards the burger now!!! oh great i'm turning around... burger here i WAIT A MINUTE WHY THE HELL AM I MOON WALKING?!? I WANT THE BURGER, DAMNIT!!! RAAAAAAAAGE!!!"

and so on and so forth...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I just had a dream that Neko was going to play me in Charizard dittos but he didn't have any shoes

So I was like "Okay, I'll buy you some shoes then"

And Neko was all "But you're poor you can't afford to get shoes"

And I said "Dude shut the **** up you said you need shoes and I'm getting you them"

Then I stole tennis shoes from the back of Sam's Club

We never played Zard dittos :c
I once had a dream that there we were in a church kind of thing and there was some scorpion-human monter thingy in there killing people and then hiding in the air vents
Well somehow this church thing was fused with my house so when it got to be that time I went to bed and hoped it wouldn't find me under my covers
but it did
and it stabbed me in the neck with its scorpion tail
and as I clasped my neck, squeezing the wound trying to get the poison out
it started to run away, but then turned around and said
"It's Melee poison, you'll never get it out."
Then he left and I died and woke up

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When are we going to get stories of dreams that actually happened? I don't believe your dream either Max, you didn't even describe the burger

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, that's not possible. You'd have to play the match and view the replay from the wifi-safe version to have it function correctly.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The most interesting thing that happened to me that was dream related, was that one time I got shot in the back in a dream, and it woke me up. Even after I woke up, I had this intense pain in the spot where I had been shot. It hurt for the rest of the day.

Also, one time I had sex with Demi Moore in a dream, that was pretty sweet. This was like 10+ years ago (even though she still looks pretty fantastic now), but it was still kind of odd, because I wasn't like, into Demi Moore or anything. She wasn't somebody I particularly fantasized about, but there she was, banging me in my dream. No complaints tho. :bee:

Never had a lucid dream. Always wanted to, even if was just one of the ones where you realize you're dreaming, but have no power over it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Unfortunately, that's not possible. You'd have to play the match and view the replay from the wifi-safe version to have it function correctly.
Really? Cause they work on both versions just fine for me. Always have with every version.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, isn't the desync caused by the game registering R/L the moment you get a light press, but the replays only recognize full presses? Anytime you hit those buttons, the game will have you shield/airdodge/wutever a few frames before a replay would recognize it, and it just desyncs more and more from there.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
The most interesting thing that happened to me that was dream related, was that one time I got shot in the back in a dream, and it woke me up. Even after I woke up, I had this intense pain in the spot where I had been shot. It hurt for the rest of the day.
Oh man, that reminds me of the dream I had of a woodpecker grabbing me and repeatedly pecking my chest until it's beak broke on my chest (I think my chest broke, too). When I woke up, my chest had this painful sharp sensation and I started to freak out. :crazy: Then I realized that I was sleeping on the corner of the bed and that was what was causing my chest to hurt (and my dream to turn out the way it did).

Do you just never press the L/R button? Or are you playing on a GameCube controller with the shoulder buttons permanently lowered?
I think there are two ways to do this:
  1. ALWAYS fully depress the shoulder buttons, so at worst, the replay will detect the action only a few frames late.
  2. I'm not sure about how this would affect the game/replays, but it's possible to have the game only register full presses. If you hold a shoulder button down halfway when turning it on (or when resetting a controller), it will only register full presses, but it will register them as light presses.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
like people who dont use the GCC. People who use the CC/CCP/Wiichuck (Yes they do exist in the world of P:M)

If they dont C-stick buffer rolls out of shield, would replays work for them on the normal build.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think the point is that non-GameCube controllers don't have C-Sticks.

Or do Classic Controllers have C-Sticks? I don't know, myself.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So you know how people have released big packs of music; I was thinking of posting some "theme packs" since that's what (it seems like) I spend the most time doing in this game... I would post a texture like the desert Battlefield and include the 5 desert songs (taken from other video games) that I use in my game. Then I would have a separate folder for another one like the jungle Battlefield and include the 4 jungle songs that I used with that one. They'd all be sorted by stage so you could download them individually. I'm think I'm gonna try working on this on my next day off.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm actually having a bit of trouble with Project M 2.5.

See, I'm currently attempting to run it via the Configurable USB Loader application -- which ran the previous versions perfectly fine -- but now I'm having an issue where the selection screen doesn't have the usual Project M background and the stage selection screen will constantly flicker and isn't aligned properly.

The character selection screen has the usual Project M background and selection style and when booting the game, it has the "Secure wrist strap for hype" text, so I'm not too sure where the problem comes in.

If anyone has any information on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Additional information:
- I'm booting the game via Homebrew.
- I tried using both the Fullset and Wifi setups (same problem with both).
- I cleared my SD Card of everything except the extracted ZIP folders and files and the same issue occurred.

... I think I posted this in the wrong thread. -face palm-

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm gonna re-post this in the bugs forum, but I think I came across a problem with my version of 2.5 (Full Set):
Whenever I let my game idle at the title screen and it starts to load up a demo all-CPU match, my game freezes. I never encountered this problem before because I never let my game idle on the title screen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom