• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I'll try out ZSS, but my priorities are on Ivysaur and Squirtle <3

Then again, I still can't decide which character to main (at least on 2.1).

iLink

Smash Champion
I was about to call you out on no Ike

So does ZSS not have that horrible short hop height that she had in vbrawl? That was literally the only reason I couldn't use her lol.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm just really eager to see how Yoshi will play in this game. I already know I'll have an ubertier main with Lucario, so now I just want my favorite smash character added for friendlies. Plus given the fact that PM does such an awesome job of making butt characters more viable, a higher tier Yoshi should be a real treat. I may even get to use him more than I currently use Lucario and Bowser.

Yoshi for 2.5! Here's hoping.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't see why he wouldn't be.

Any changes they made to nerf him that hard would be pretty noticeable, and I've heard no such things. Any changes he gets are probably pretty minor.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I'm just really eager to see how Yoshi will play in this game. I already know I'll have an ubertier main with Lucario, so now I just want my favorite smash character added for friendlies. Plus given the fact that PM does such an awesome job of making butt characters more viable, a higher tier Yoshi should be a real treat. I may even get to use him more than I currently use Lucario and Bowser.

Yoshi for 2.5! Here's hoping.
Shh. You might jinx it ;)

iLink

Smash Champion
His dash attack isn't an instant fast shield pressure from a good distance anymore.

Good riddance to the old DA. Lucarios relied on that way too much and just did DA > sideb all day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario vs quite a few people is/was dumb lol. Oh you DI'd away that's cute DOUBLE TEAM WILL SOLVE THAT

byron

Smash Apprentice
I hope they announce Ice Climbers for 2.5 but since they announced ZZS the other secret character will probably be normal Samus. I didn't see a big article about ZZS being announced on the front page of the website. I just noticed her picture was colored in lol.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I hope they announce Ice Climbers for 2.5 but since they announced ZZS the other secret character will probably be normal Samus. I didn't see a big article about ZZS being announced on the front page of the website. I just noticed her picture was colored in lol.
They've actually confirmed that it will NOT be Samus.

or so I've read

Wow, didn't even realize I had double posted X_x

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario and Ike were both obviously way better than fox by an enormous margin.
I dunno what your point is. Ike and Lucario could both use some design tweaks. If you only want to look at a character's viability being under Fox and use that as the bar for any changes, then you're missing out on the fact that there's plenty of room for improvement design or "feel" wise. Ike being top 5 doesn't mean he's designed well lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with tweaks. or fox or falco btw. I have a problem with how ike and lucario were handled, that being tweak-nerfed. They weren't JUST tweaked, which would have been fine with me, so long as they weren't becoming worse characters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There are plenty of characters who would love to be anywhere Lucario or Ike, post "nerf". That alone should suggest it's not a big deal since they *hopefully* are going to be designed better and balanced easier. That's the main sticking point: better design. If they drop because now you don't just DA into Side B or because Aether is easier to edge guard, it proves those things were lame to begin with.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I dunno what your point is. Ike and Lucario could both use some design tweaks. If you only want to look at a character's viability being under Fox and use that as the bar for any changes, then you're missing out on the fact that there's plenty of room for improvement design or "feel" wise. Ike being top 5 doesn't mean he's designed well lol.
Examples: Brawl meta knight. ice climbers in any game.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lucario got some buffs with his nerfs. Like breverse downb and faster dsmash.

I also heard something about canceling aurasphere charge on the ground without going into his shield animation for easier ASC followups. Don't know how much of that is true.

iLink

Smash Champion
Is that due to buggy reasons or because you guys are still trying to figure out what to do with her?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol, he better :p

just this one simple change would do freaking wonders for increasing his viability. Any other cool tweaks would just be to make him more interesting.
I think the best way to keep yoshi viable is to keep him as melee as possible. The addition of being able to get his double jump out of his side b already gives him a lot of viability with all the things he had going for him in melee, and when I say making him more melee, I mean giving back his melee super armor, the way he throws his eggs, and the addition of parry.

Also has the pmbr seen my post in smash mods about charizard's face hurt box extending in front of a large empty spot in front of his face, or has this already been fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom