• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
As long as their teammate pays the full team entry fee, I don't see a problem with that. They wouldn't have a shot at placing in a real tournament anyway. As "good" as CPUs are now, they're still incredibly stupid and easy to exploit.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
On the subject of CPUs, even though you guys aren't showing us the non-demo2 characters, would you be able to show us what the closed beta CPUs are like?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Actually... I've had CPUs wait near the ledge, for then to jump and grab it to edgehog me... a few times they've even let go of the ledge and re-grabbed...

Bleh, we never record anything anyway, we just play stuff and then I get to surprise everybody every time I fight them. I'd rather be it that way.

But... but i commanded you!!! nuuuuuuoooooh!!!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, I'm an expert fisher. I go fly fishing and ocean fishing all the time. I catch trout and salmon and tuna and all kinds of stuff. Then I eat it raw, to show that I'm a real man.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I just miss seeing ZSS in action. ;P
There should be a list of PMBR members and the place they're from somewhere, possibly floating around Smashmods. Find the one that's closest to you, then make them believe you actually like them so they'll become your friend and let you play their test versions.

That's how I do it, at least.

jk corey u no i <3 u

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
There should be a list of PMBR members and the place they're from somewhere, possibly floating around Smashmods. Find the one that's closest to you, then make them believe you actually like them so they'll become your friend and let you play their test versions.

That's how I do it, at least.

jk corey u no i <3 u
I need to try that next time I see him. It's a brilliant idea.

EDIT: The only problem would be if he somehow managed to read this and know what I was up to. But there's no way that would happen, right?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I want to see a PM tourney where CPUs are allowed to be your teammate in doubles, lol.
If in a tourney, if there are an odd amount of people, they should just make the odd one out play computers. Then a computer could possibly get 1st. :)
I've been to a couple of tournaments where CPUs entered singles or where a person was allowed to enter doubles with a cpu teammate without having to pay its entry fee. Both were melee tournaments (not project M) though. In the end, even while giving the cpu in singles a handicap they always got last. In doubles the teams always got wrecked, except for one tournament where a good player teamed with a cpu and got 5th or something. I don't think that CPUs are that much better than melee CPUs at this point (if they're better at all) with them airdodging and killing themselves so often. Allowing a person to team with a CPU should be totally fine IMO. It adds more money to the pot and the team with the CPU probably won't make it far anyway.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The jab hit confirms annoyed me, because it turned guaranteed combos in to 50/50s. :(

I liked some of his ideas, though.

Me and Prof. Oksas are going to work on an AZPM combo video. We actually have enough footage now, tbqh just from our gameplay alone, not counting Axe/Wobbles/Silly Kyle/Okami/Taj/K9/Kira/Max/GG7.

Also, a crew battle needs to happen, melee veterans vs new-comers. The thing is that Captain Falcon should probably not be allowed, since he has like 70-30 match ups vs almost every brawl newcomer.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't think any of the PMBR members are smart enough for that.
What do you mean? It doesn't take mad hacking skills to figure it out. Just by looking at his profile information I determined he's likely from North Carolina, or at least close enough to play smash there. From there one must look through past posts and pick up on personal preferences (characters played, movies, video games outside of Smash, fishing). After that it's just a matter of casually luring the suspect into a conversation that would verify enough of these preferences to know for sure it's the right person (what they're wearing can reveal things as well, particularly if it's a graphic t-shirt for something). Social engineering and stalking can be just as powerful as hacking.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Sorry, I wear purple dress shirts. Yeroc knows this, because we've met at tournaments before, where he's proceeded to beat me in both Melee and PM.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Tier list for P:M ?

Say, haven't anyone mentioned this already ?
I think it'd be pretty neat idea if someone made a tier list for P:M.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The shirt I wore to the last tournament is this color, which is purple

Also, a tier list has mentioned lots of times. We just don't know enough about the game yet to make a good one.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Tier List
S tier
Anyone who has played Project M for more than a month and a half
**** tier
Anyone who has only played Project M for less than a month and a half

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks for telling me.
I would've checked myself but, y'know, reading over 4000 pages of text just to check for something small as that is kinda hard.

Also, even though I haven't played the demo yet; I could make one.
It would be very inaccurate, since I don't have any sort of experience in making things like this, or even in competitive Smash, but still.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Ah, thanks for telling me.
I would've checked myself but, y'know, reading over 4000 pages of text just to check for something small as that is kinda hard.

Also, even though I haven't played the demo yet; I could make one.
It would be very inaccurate, since I don't have any sort of experience in making things like this, or even in competitive Smash, but still.
The game hasn't been out long enough for anyone to make an accurate tier list, and what would the point be of making a tier list if you're even admitting you've never played the game nor know anything about competitive smash?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I can't understand when people want to make a tier list just to make a tier list.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I want to see a PM tourney where CPUs are allowed to be your teammate in doubles, lol.
I want to see a "doubles with CPU partners" side event. That way it's fair to everybody and doesn't interfere with the normal doubles bracket.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
The game hasn't been out long enough for anyone to make an accurate tier list, and what would the point be of making a tier list if you're even admitting you've never played the game nor know anything about competitive smash?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I can't understand when people want to make a tier list just to make a tier list.
Actually, I only mentioned a tier list because I'm kinda curious on how each character can play out against one another since most of them have been greatly changed from Brawl/Melee.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Actually, I only mentioned a tier list because I'm kinda curious on how each character can play out against one another since most of them have been greatly changed from Brawl/Melee.
Nobody knows that kind of information, because the game hasn't been out for long enough for anybody to gather that knowledge.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Well, thanks all for the info.
I just found out about the demo a couple of weeks ago and thought that people already knew about that.
I'll stop bringing that up for now.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I actually created a tier list in the tier list discussion thread on smashmods a couple days ago.

It's not official or anything, but from all the videos I've watched, observations I've made, general playtesting with all the characters against high level melee players in my area, as well as gathering the opinions of many high level smashers with solid understanding of the game, I think it's generally accurate- at least at this point in time.

Don't take it as if it's the Be-all and end-all of tier lists. Like people have already said, no one knows enough about the game to form an accurate tier list so it WILL be different than an official tier list.

But if all you want is something to look at and go, "HEY! A TIER LIST! :D" By all means.. go crazy.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If that's what you want, then it's not a tier list that you need, but a character match-up chart. But that's still going to be hard to make at this point, since even two mains of the same character may think much differently on their character's match-ups, depending on the local people they play with and whatnot.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing other people's tier lists even if it's their biased opinion. Even though there is no defined metagame, I always enjoy seeing others thoughts.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
someone saying their main is "ridiculous", says something.
...then again, Ryoko thinks Zelda is bad and needs buffs

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
someone saying their main is "ridiculous", says something.
...then again, Ryoko thinks Zelda is bad and needs buffs
looooooool ryoko is still salty about melee zelda and he will stop at nothing to buff her in P:M

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm with Kage. A lot of people seem to downplay Ganon in P:M but he's actually really good.

Having played more zelda I don't think she's as good as I used to think she was, but she certainly doesn't need buffs.

I would also really like to know how to beat Ike if anyone has any tips. Some people think he's good and some think he's bad. I think he's really good. The reason people typically say that say he's not that great are because he's pretty slow and you can dash dance in and out of his range. But I'm not convinced that those people have played Ike's that know how to abuse his fast moves. Jab and utilt come out pretty quickly. Dash attack is pretty safe for hitting a dash dancing opponent and if you get offstage with most characters Ike can kill you at any percent with one fair.

Ike has power, range, good recovery, moves with quick startup, and super easy edgeguards. His speed is generally slow and he doesn't have a projectile but that doesn't even seem to matter that much. Can anyone link me to a good video of an competent ike getting destroyed by a spacie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom