• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It's been at least swapped from one of the alphas I played. I played almost a year ago and side-B was the spin dash you could cancel with shield. I played a month or two ago and it was still the spin dash you could cancel with shield. Now it forces you to roll, cannot be canceled, and sends you into the air depending on how long you hold B for.

iLink

Smash Champion
You can still run into someone and downb to hit with the charge of the spin dash if that is what you are trying to do

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can, but only if you get into a full run, which is kinda lame. In the alpha I was doing cool stuff like crossing up people's by DDing through them and side-Bing their back. From there I could cancel it and do something else, but now you can't.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So is there a PAL version of Demo 2 being worked on? I feel kind of bad, players from the UK are missing out O_O

Revven

FrankerZ
PAL version is on the back burner but will eventually be done.
To clarify, a PAL version probably won't see the light of day until we're near the end of finishing the game.

WHY:
1. No PAL people to port codes right now (especially difficult codes like SCD)
2. PAL character files are different, mainly because of SFXs. We have to be completely finished with changing characters in order to consider porting to PAL. Otherwise, we would be forced to (every time we make a change) make that change to the PAL .pac as well. It's best to have things completely finished so we can move everything over all at once rather than incrementally.
3. The time it takes to port to PAL would greatly affect actually working on the game... since this is all volunteer and we also have our own lives, time to work on this stuff is limited as it is. Using that time to port stuff to PAL would only slow down development.
4. We're not done making codes and/or fixing codes that are still bugged, thus porting them over in an unfinished state doesn't make any sense either (we would be doing double the work in that sense).

Again, we hope PAL players understand. If there'a anything you can blame, it's the difference in certain SFX IDs for PAL character files. Otherwise, if they were easy to port to and wouldn't take much time at all, we'd probably be a little bit more open to porting sooner. But code porting would still be a blockade (and still is, of course).

MaxThunder

PM Support
It wouldn't be possible to find out the difference in sfx IDs and use that knowledge to make a region changer program or something?..

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys! Today I launched Project M's Media page with a few vids most of you have already seen. If any of you guys have any media you think is worthy, send me a PM and I might include it. =D

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Is there any reason Sonic's down-B and side-B were swapped? It seems like a relatively pointless switch, but it completely gets rid of his ability to spin dash pressure out of dash. Not to mention it just feels completely unnatural to go from side to down.
Uh, take what I say with a grain of salt since I'm no vbrawl Sonic player,, but..

Sonic feels AMAZING in projectM. And I really like how the vB and >B work. In vbrawl, I didn't even know there was a difference between the two moves.. lol But now, I just find it so much better now that I distinctly know that vB is for spinshotting and offensive use while >B is for recovery/ midair mobility. IDK, again, I'm not a vbrawl sonic player, but playing vbrawl sonic I had no idea there was even a difference between the two, and always questioned why they put the same move on two imputs haha

supahsanikracinn

iLink

Smash Champion
So I went ahead and changed my character select screen portraits to the one SJS has been making
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8348.0

If anyone wants the download, just replace your common5.pac (in your system folder) file with this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?rqyop5cp9sot8bp

I made sure to match lucario, sonic and charizard with their appropriate re-colors. (although I think the green sonic has different colored shoes, but its not really noticeable unless you look for it)

leelue

Smash Lord
vB is for spinshotting and offensive use while >B is for recovery/ midair mobility
Forward B is significantly better for offensive usage in a neutral-to-not-touching-the-opponent-yet range. It comes out at maximum speed immediately, rather than wasting precious time charging.

Down B is there for getting those grabs out of it.

However, the two moves carry a lot of nuance and it's difficult to define the differences between the two without going in depth or talking about recovery.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
So is there a PAL version of Demo 2 being worked on? I feel kind of bad, players from the UK are missing out O_O
Sheesh, getting P:M work on a PAL wii isn't a problem

If you know what I mean...

and I don't mean THAT ****ing meme

What I mean is, you have the internetz and stuff

If I didn't have a chipped wii that can read burned discs I would probably have written a guide on this already

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
melee sheik's recovery is ****ing spectacular, and it transferred really well to PM.

I agree that PM Peach is pretty much spot-on perfect.
Ok u r going to have to make a case for sheik's recovery being good. Its distance is not great, its easy to edgehog, and it has tons of lag when done onto the stage.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Forward B is significantly better for offensive usage in a neutral-to-not-touching-the-opponent-yet range. It comes out at maximum speed immediately, rather than wasting precious time charging.

Down B is there for getting those grabs out of it.

However, the two moves carry a lot of nuance and it's difficult to define the differences between the two without going in depth or talking about recovery.
Ah, okay.

Sorry, I've only played the character for less than a week, and although I am enjoying him, he isn't my MAIN main character but I like him enough that he'd probably on my list of mains soon :p So I still have a ton to learn about sonic.

Thanks for the info! :)

leelue

Smash Lord
The most I can give you is that the beginning "hop" keeps her from getting in stupid scenarios under the lip of the stage, the fact that she teleports makes her recovery harder to intercept at will, and it's multidirectional nature lets you kinda , mix things up. Oh, and she walljumps.
And she can use most of her attacks offstage without interfering with her time to get back.
And her aerial velocity isn't complete trash.
And her fast fall gives her a little more variance.

That's more than the bad recoveries can say.

Actually... that seems not bad to me.

D

Deleted member

Ok u r going to have to make a case for sheik's recovery being good. Its distance is not great, its easy to edgehog, and it has tons of lag when done onto the stage.

you have tons of options on where to go, precise spacing, and you can choose to lip hug and buffer shield so ledge hop punishes don't work. if you don't understand the recovery, yes it's bad. if you do, it's stellar.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So I went ahead and changed my character select screen portraits to the one SJS has been making

If anyone wants the download, just replace your common5.pac (in your system folder) file with this one

I made sure to match lucario, sonic and charizard with their appropriate re-colors. (although I think the green sonic has different colored shoes, but its not really noticeable unless you look for it)
do these work with hackless method?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Uh, take what I say with a grain of salt since I'm no vbrawl Sonic player,, but..

Sonic feels AMAZING in projectM. And I really like how the vB and >B work. In vbrawl, I didn't even know there was a difference between the two moves.. lol But now, I just find it so much better now that I distinctly know that vB is for spinshotting and offensive use while >B is for recovery/ midair mobility. IDK, again, I'm not a vbrawl sonic player, but playing vbrawl sonic I had no idea there was even a difference between the two, and always questioned why they put the same move on two imputs haha

supahsanikracinn
Well, here is somewhat detailed post on the two:

Once side-b and down-b hits the ground, they are basically the same move. The only differences is how it starts/charges, how much damage it does and how they act in the air at the start.

With down-b you can charge it for more damage and speed by tapping b as you charge it and it can cause more damage in the air descending on someone if you hold forward which can also be canceled into shield descending on the ground . It can also be canceled into shield from charging it on the ground.

Side b can no longer be charged but if you press b quickly enough like a hot potato, instead of hopping it does an instant spin dash which is faster then downb but wont do as much damage. The hops height depends on how long you press b when you first do it on the ground. In the air, the hop has the same height all the time. With the starting hopping part, it has little knock back that can lead to a back air or footstool or something like that depending on how much % opponent has and your position. In brawl, the start of the hop had some invincibility frames to break through some attacks. Im not sure if this is still there.

There is a third thing called spin dash jump, which is done by jumping from the ground part after you release any of the 2 spins which can do more damage if you can land the ground hit then the jump hit. This works better on larger targets.

With melee airdodge, you can do a wavedash or airdodge into ground from the sideb hop or from spindash jump. This can have you stop the spin very fast or if you hit with the ground move then wavedash into a smash or grab or something else.

And with recovery, the sideb can help with distance because of the hop but there were times when it when down at an angle at a fast speed so its risky. Of course you can also use downb and with saving your double jump, you can spin to get horizontal distance after knockback wears off then double jump, then spring or homing or airdodge.

I left out Spinshot but Im no good at doing it. I might have forgotten something but thats all I know.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
you have tons of options on where to go, precise spacing, and you can choose to lip hug and buffer shield so ledge hop punishes don't work. if you don't understand the recovery, yes it's bad. if you do, it's stellar.
I have played against plenty of very good sheiks, edge guarding them no matter who it is is never tough. Sure edge guarding amsah is a bit harder but it still wasnt that tough. Her recovery is just not very good and its far from spectacular

`dazrin

Smash Champion

do these work with hackless method?
Just downloaded it and it totally works with hackless. These look amazing! Thanks for sharing, iLink!

edit: lolleelue

iLink

Smash Champion
Your welcome but SJS deserves all the credit. He really puts a lot of time into these.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

Did you change all the characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom