• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
can some1 link me to the best melee sfx, cuz i found a few of them and i dont know which 1 is the best.
and is there 1 with marth's sword sfx? the vbrawl sword sounds really dumb

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I suppose Jaklub never got around to thoroughly doing it since he was the one who did most of the Melee character SFX and Hit SFX packs. I'd eventually like to get a pretty complete pack that's divided into hex packets so you can easily install any portion of the pack if you're more fond of one character's Brawl voices, but not another.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Project M xml only specifically reads the designated files from its folders which is why putting textures in there like you would with the hackless/HBC method will not work with Riivolution (yet this method likes to read music from my old HBC method folder...). You don't want to put the brsar under brawlmods/projectm/music, but rather make a new folder under brawlmods named music and put it in there instead.

As a good word of advice in general for Riivolution users, if you want to add any custom content of any type that's not already read by the Project M xml option, you need to create the appropriate folder under just brawlmods instead of placing it where you normally would under pf/insertfoldernamehere.

It's pretty convenient though if you take your SD card to a tournament and need to load up through the Riiv method because you can disable everything except for Project M, leaving the barebones installation package.
Thanks dude! I love fox's melee sfx!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wow, all this talk about Melee SFX makes me want to switch ti Riivolution. Anybody got a tutorial anywhere?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would consider using Melee sound effects, but Im not switching to Riivolution.

But if people want to post their videos using those sfx, then go right ahead =)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, all this talk about Melee SFX makes me want to switch ti Riivolution. Anybody got a tutorial anywhere?
The xml that comes with the Riivolution download package has a section that explains where files go. I was kind of confused at first because I thought I could place my textures in the fighter folder with the P:M moveset and animation files when that's not what you're supposed to do. You place all of your textures in brawlmods/textures/fighter/*insertcharactername* and your music in brawlmods/music/strm. The .brsar (compiled SFX file) goes in the music folder.

In simpler terms, the Project M portion of the xml only loads all of the specific files it calls for. Extras all fall under the brawlmods folder system.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
So it's just drag and drop like Gecko OS but instead of putting my custom textures/music along with the Project M files I put it in the more general brawlmods folder?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I got Riivo running, is the slightly longer loading times normal? and my disc drive LED going crazy?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Melee Hit SFX

This doesn't include swing sounds so Marth still sounds super dainty when he swings his sword, but this is overall the most complete package as it uses all of Melee's hit SFX even though there are still more Brawl SFX that this doesn't replace (notably the HRB's hits and Ike's sword). You'll need to download the most recent version of sawndz, but it should take you little to no time to figure out. It's very easy to use.

EDIT: There's no swing SFX yet. After using sawndz and seeing how simple it is to setup, I might try doing those myself sometime this weekend.
Do you think you could make a quick little guide on how to set up Melee sfx with Riivolution in a new thread in the Smashmods Workshop?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Hey so I'm having issues getting demo 2 to work on my friends wii. Were using a hackless wii, 2 gig sd card, and a copy of brawl. Everything loads fine until you start a match. There are melee physics (wd and l canceling) but certain characters still have brawl moves ie. Falcos shine still kicks forward. Anyone else having this issue?

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So it's just drag and drop like Gecko OS but instead of putting my custom textures/music along with the Project M files I put it in the more general brawlmods folder?
Yeah, the download package itself should already be set up properly. The brawlmods and riivolution folders should be at the root of your SD. projectm should be inside brawlmods by default. You need to manually create the texture and music folders to place extras in there; the xml should explain this and you shouldn't need to add any lines to it as it will automatically read and replace the appropriate files. You will need to add the fighter folder under textures in addition to each fighter's folder name though.

Do you think you could make a quick little guide on how to set up Melee sfx with Riivolution in a new thread in the Smashmods Workshop?
Sure thing. I can't do it right now, but since I've finally gotten Riiv set up myself, I'd love to help out.

MissingNo.

Smash Cadet
Hey so I'm having issues getting demo 2 to work on my friends wii. Were using a hackless wii, 2 gig sd card, and a copy of brawl. Everything loads fine until you start a match. There are melee physics (wd and l canceling) but certain characters still have brawl moves ie. Falcos shine still kicks forward. Anyone else having this issue?

This also happened with my Wii out of no where, had been working perfectly 20 minutes earlier. Even though the stage select screen showed Project M's stages, it loaded Brawl stages. It hasn't properly loaded Project M again so we've been using a different Wii. Some characters also wouldn't dash dance properly.

iLink

Smash Champion

I had that happen. I just deleted everything and reinstalled it on the sd card and made sure I wasn't getting any stages from nintendo's service and it seemed to work fine.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
HBC has never frozen on me when removing the SD card. It does freeze when using Riivolution though and I think that's because it's directly using the SD card the whole time hence why you can't save replays to the SD card while using Riivolution.

iLink

Smash Champion
Riivolution requires the SD card to always be in while the game is running. Pretty sure it would cause the freeze if you just removed it.

iLink

Smash Champion
looooool

Why would anyone ever use Riivolution if that's the case? What a useless system.
So you can swap between multiple codesets without having to have multiple SD cards and being able to swap out sound?

You can still save replays to the wii and move them over to the sd card later on

I don't get why you would want to remove your SD card while playing.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Also what iLink said. If you have a larger SD card (ones that can't be read by Brawl otherwise), you can keep multiple codesets on hand and toggle between them with great convenience.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm having trouble adding melee sfx... I have sawndz and all of the .wav files I'm going to switch in, but how do I get the smashbros_sound.brsar?

EDIT: Alright now I have the .brsar and smashbox, but now I don't know how to put the .brsar in the same directory as sawndz...

EDIT: Never mind, I'm slowly figuring this out.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a site where I can look at texture hacks, then download them and put onto my sd card? If there isn't a way for that, how can I make my own and not have to use homebrew? Im using the hackless method of launching project m.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Anyone have a site where I can look at texture hacks, then download them and put onto my sd card? If there isn't a way for that, how can I make my own and not have to use homebrew? Im using the hackless method of launching project m.

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-3932.html

We've got a guide for that. And we're slowly building up other guides for similar issues.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Jumping into the "X is gonna be top tier" discussions that have been coming up since the demo came out, who else thinks that Ike will be?

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
So I've mentioned this before with some positive feedback, and I understand it won't be an anytime soon kind of deal (if at all), won't be patched into demo 2 at a later date, etc.. but I'm just wondering for the final release:

Will all super armor frames, for all characters that have them, blink red like Bowser's?
It was never definitively answered.

iLink

Smash Champion
Speaking of bowser, I have to say winning with him feels so unsatisfying to me now.

I feel like I can get out of just about any situation with upb. Every single one of his attacks are great for the most part, large hitboxes and wreck fast fallers. Sure he's big, but he can upb out of any pressure and the size just lets him attack from further anyway.

That's not even taking into account all the super armor going about. While fighting him, it never seems like a good idea to actually attack him ever with the threat of upb or super armor. Grabbing seemed to be the one thing he doesn't deal too well with.

The one thing I do like about him is the extra shield damage.

It's probably too early to say, but after my 1 week impression I feel like you gave bowser a little too much.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498

Check your SD card and make sure it's not locked as well. Otherwise, redownload like Monk said

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Jumping into the "X is gonna be top tier" discussions that have been coming up since the demo came out, who else thinks that Ike will be?
Hi! Ex-Falco, now Ike main here! (Falco has been demoted to secondary)
Everyone is good, but few get called broken more than Ike. It's debatable if he's better than falco, but I think Ike is a hair better. Monster combos, chain-grabs, average recovery, ganon deadly, good gimp game... I really think that he's high/top tier.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think Zelda will be quite high. Game and Watch seems like a counter with his Oil Panic killing at 0, but Zelda can just switch to sheik for that match-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom