• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright Gamedominator06, I was able to replicate it after watching your replay. I'll post it in the BR. Thanks! For future reference, we'd appreciate it if bug reports were made in our bug reporting forum so we can better document them.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
So uh... I'm not sure what's up with the Smashville textures. I replaced all the files as necessary and I keep getting the regular night texture (I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. Maybe it doesn't work at night? I dunno. :S).

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There are different versions of each Smashville. Each one corresponds to a time slot of the day. One stage texture duplicated and renamed to fit the rest of the time slots will use the lighting and such of that time slot for each of them.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hm, yeah-

I just tried replacing the beachville textures with the ones I originally had on brawlvault. Same problem happens.

.... I guess it's the temple:M texture, then?... o_o

Wolfy!

Indecisive
@Monk: But I'm not getting Beachville at all. For some reason, I still have the old original PM Smashville texture coming up even though I replaced all the files. I'll try it again to see if I can fix any mistakes I may have made.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
well at least your p:m works lol mine just freezes loading the bootup in the stagebuilder. (can still hear the stage builder menu music and move the cursor around, but nothing. I get forced to hard power-off my wii :(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sounds like you still have stages on your wii / sd (that isn't the smash stack stage)

Wolfy: it may not be the right time of day to load that texture. put a texture on all slots of time lol

edit: dear god its 3am. i can't keep staying up helping everyone here and on the IRC. i'm going to sleep. hopefully others can help.

Xedi

Smash Cadet
So, I got some fun textures to download!

(credit to those who made the actual stages, I just made them work with P:M)
Wow, great job.

I think it'd be really great if all the old stages could be updated to have nicer textures (+ nicer background), while staying as close as possible to the original. I guess it could be an optional download once Project:M is finished.

Also, what's this about a Skyward Sword stage? A re-texturing of Temple:M?
I think Skyward Sword's a great idea. I know this is subjective and everyone is going to have a different opinion, but I think the only other stage missing is a Mario Galaxy stage (with music to boot). It seems doable to import models/textures from the original games; anyone have good ideas for a competitively viable Mario Galaxy themed stage?

P.S. Amazing work on Project:M, really stunningly well done and well polished. It feels like when I was discovering Melee and couldn't figure out what character to pick. Now all characters are so enticing!

Ecks

Smash Lord
WTF it works just fine for me. I guess it somehow doesn't work with the hackless method.

My bad, I guess. lol

I guess I'll look into it later. 4am for me.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was thinking of a subforum for stage discussion when you said that.
But I never even saw that section before.

On this note though, while stage building and actual discussion for current and future stages are a somewhat separate subject, how would it sound to have a stage subforum on smashmods?

EDIT: Saw the stickies under general discussion. This kind of topic probably fits under there too I suppose.

EDIT2: Well god damn, there's a thread on it.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yep, just re-replaced the pm-ified beachville with the original beachvile and it's all good. works just fine. so yeah, i guess your textures dont work with hackless method, ecks hahaha

it's all good bro ;)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I just want a good ice stage really. Even if it was just like, a normal main platform and two icey platforms above it.
I was liking Summit....until the stage began to slide and physics turned to Barwl
It would be a decent stage if it was frozen (no pun intended)

HCK91

Smash Rookie
Little bug report...I don't know if it has been posted yet but I have no time to check ATM. Most of them are about CPUs (I HAS NO FRIENDS)

Random character selection acts very weird, Mario happens to be chosen very very often (half or one third of the times)

AI air dodges as getting back on the stage resulting in a SD

Lucas and Pit's AIs don't know how to recover correctly

As a character uses the clock, physics gets very screwed up

Starman does not work propely and seems to break as a character attacks with a non-special attack

Mario's AI uses the Tornado as if it were the FLUDD, of course.
That's all for now. I understand that it is no priority to fix these due to the fact that this mod is clearly addressed more to competitive play between humans with no instruments than randomic CPU madness. What I also know is that hacking AI is very painful, so I don't even expect those to be taken into consideration for a bugfix release.

Anyway, I am enjoying this mod as I never enjoyed playing Brawl and I want to thank the dev team. I want to thank them to DEATH! Keep it up!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just change each STGVILLAGE_0X.pac to their respective number. I believe each one is supposed to represent a time of the day, but this stage replacement doesn't have that so they're all the same.
Each Smashville pac actually contains the data for all times of day (yes, even including the K.K. concert). The numbers correspond with which one the Wii loads when you play a match, depending on the Wii's clock. I figured out the times for each of them a long time ago, but I don't have that anymore. If you have one pac that only loads in the morning, then you rename it, then it will play at night. That is why you can use a single Smashville pac and rename it 00-04 to make it load all day, instead of remaking the hack 5 times.

As far as I know, the only differences between the default pacs are the colors of the fog when you zoom out.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Had another P:M session today, this game rocks.

Odd behaviors:

1. Lucario sometimes doesn't grab the ledge after upB and instead falls down and you can upB again.
2. Ike jab combo doesn't link very well to itself and often you can shield after the second jab.
3. GaW nair sometimes stays out a bit after he is hit out of it.
4. The camera stays zoomed out longer than it should when someone dies and doesn't shift back fast enough. For example you can have someone die, respawn off screen (On the revival platform) and only then the camera decides that it should allow you to see him.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I won't have time to actually play it until next week when exams are over with, but I briefly tried out most of the characters to see what changes were made to their movesets.

No zap jump for Lucas? :<
I understand that having that sort of mobility doesn't fit the melee style of gameplay but it makes me sad nonetheless. Also his down b doesn't bounce anymore; you can't turn around from the initial direction you input. Was this intentional?

I was liking Summit....until the stage began to slide and physics turned to Barwl
It would be a decent stage if it was frozen (no pun intended)
If I remember correctly, FrozenHobo made a frozen version of that stage. I'm not sure if it required the stage freezer code or not, so you may or may not be able to add it to the game yourself depending on whether the p:m devs still have the same stance on not sharing anything.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As partial compensation to Lucas, tether recoveries can't be edgehogged and PKT2 will no longer blow up if it hits a stage wall; it rebounds like Ness does in Melee.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I got another little present for you guys.

http://youtu.be/-YINhiB9tuc

---

Also, congrats on getting the attention of ign and more people. It really is a very well done mod, however, I think it's time to re-design the logo so it's more professional looking (no offense to the guy who made it).

Here's something I made looking at the original logo since most people say this is what brawl should have been (Just as an example):

--

Anyway, enjoy the vid and don't forget to rate it =P!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If the P:M team wants to use Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen) from Brawl-, they just have to check with LordNOAH, since he actually made the stage. Not sure how much right I have to it, although the concept was mine.

And of course anyone can grab it out of the Brawl- download. It's STGICE.pac and st_ice.rel.

shanus

Smash Hero
dear god that part at the end with the downB was nuts

edit: ive watched this 5 times already haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom