• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sonic was not fun in brawl

because brawl was not fun

so i do not comprehend the argument about sonic being fun

had sonic been in a game like melee i'd agree, but he wasn't.

the reason the third party characters were stupid is because it wasn't a fun engine like melee.

for all we knew when melee came out marth and roy might as well have been "third party" - it's not like people were clamoring for those guy slol

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'd rather not have sonic in... in anything else ever actually.

Yup.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic was fun in Brawl. Very much so.
Even if his moveset wasn't based on Sonic Battle like ti should've been. >_>

Problem?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
so to pass the time

just curious

if you could put ANY CHARACTER in the game (not limited to brawl and melee already existing characters) who would it be and WHY

i'm sure nobody who is a fan of smash bros has ever thought to discuss this before ^.^
King K. Rool; because he's amazing. And I'm sort of a DKC nut. Also:

Just a city boy...

Edit: Whoa! I missed about six pages there. Awesome!?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
What exactly do you mean by doesn't associate? If it has to do with how many games he's been in for Nintendo consoles, I'm pretty sure he beats Snake. Personally, I would kind of like to see him because he's their flagship fighter character and it would be cool to see how the character that's basically the template for 2D fighting games works in a different kind of fighter. That said, I think he's boring as dirt in every other way, and Megaman would be a much better choice.
Mega Man is kind of like Capcom's mascot and has had a multitude of appearances on Nintendo systems and hand helds which puts him over Ryu. And Resident Evil and Nintendo were really closely tied until the wii came out; The Gamecube got Re4 first and got remake. I wouldn't be too surprised if Wesker was joining the fight.

Street fighter is more related to Xbox and Play Station which have stronger online making it a good time for classic fighting games to be re-released and to make new ones. Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel, and Street Fighter 4 aren't hitting the wii anytime soon.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
sonic was not fun in brawl

because brawl was not fun

so i do not comprehend the argument about sonic being fun

had sonic been in a game like melee i'd agree, but he wasn't.

the reason the third party characters were stupid is because it wasn't a fun engine like melee.

for all we knew when melee came out marth and roy might as well have been "third party" - it's not like people were clamoring for those guy slol
I haven't been playing any other Smash than Minus for like the past year, so my perceptions on the characters have been tainted. He's too much fun there. When Brawl first came out, I did enjoy dash attacking people from full stage though. Wasn't as fun as pulling 3 Gordos in a row and making people rage, but it was okay.

EDIT: So much Sonic hate. I feel like I travelled back in time 6 years.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have to say, even my really stupid and biased character choices are more likely than King K. Rool.
I think based on our avatars, we're supposed to disagree anyway, but I could give several reasons why he's a very likely choice. (And also several why he's not.) However, I'm writing a term paper as well as spending time here, so that will wait until it might be more relevant. Woo!

10pinkies. Because. And why are people hating on Mega Man? :c Mega Man is awesome, and was also the reason characters like Zero exist.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is ridiculous that Classic MM didn't even make it in (for a very dumb reason at that, "hurr I thought they'd ask us!" "Durr we would but they didn't ask us"). Every classic game is available in Ninty. EXE, SF, Zero and ZX are only in Nintendo games, and most MMX games are also in Nintendo via MMX Collection.

Capcom even helped with the gbc zeldas! Their spot is secured in smash for sure.

Anyway, so yeah, Project M.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As I write this, there are still a few very dedicated Project M Back Roomers that have been working for about 4 hours on solving a freeze that has been holding back the release of Project M Demo 2. It is of no pleasure for me to regretfully inform you all that we will have to delay our release for a day or possibly even two if the problem is not isolated quickly. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Magus420

Smash Master

Hello everyone! The last few days have been interesting, to say the least! I am pleased to announce that Demo 2 is finally out! You can download it here. Be sure to follow all of the instructions step-by-step.

We hope you can forgive us for the short delay - we promise it was not intentional. That's all in the past now that you can immediately start playing the second demo! Be sure to give constructive feedback or report any bugs that are not on our known issues list. On behalf of the PMBR, we truly appreciate the dedication of our audience. Hopefully we have met all of your expectations with this release, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. Have fun and be sure to come back for any possible future updates!

Best Regards,
-The PMBR

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Discussion has re-opened, if there are any spam posts I will be infracting, otherwise, have fun downloading :cool:

edit: spam posts include things like WOW ITS OUT, should've mentioned >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
We truly appreciate how HYPED you all have been this time around. As a team, we are honestly amazed that all 200+ of you stuck around for the past two days, coming back on the second day and staying HYPED.

We really, really appreciate the excitement. It's what kept driving us forward! Please enjoy the demo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom