• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
However, he was on the character page until recently, which is what was addressed. I assume that one of the devs asked Dantarion to edit that out (along with the intro page always showing up when you first visit the site) when the site got borked.
Ohhh I didt notice he was still on the site
I just remember seeing This

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
However, he was on the character page until recently, which is what was addressed. I assume that one of the devs asked Dantarion to edit that out (along with the intro page always showing up when you first visit the site) when the site got borked.
This is mostly true. We didn't have full editing capabilities of the entire site until recently.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright, finished reading through the last 5 writeups. Now some questions/comments.

If a Green Missile is charged past the duration of this flash then the attack will return to normal, and the misfire will be stored for the next Green Missile.
How long is the duration of the flash? Do you just have to do a tap/uncharged missile to get the misfire and charge it a little for a normal one, or will you have to be closer to fully charging it if you want to avoid the misfire?

Not to speak of his now-radically powerful Down-Tilt…
I heard that this has the Mr. Saturn sound effect now, but I was looking away the one time that it happened on the stream. Does anyone know how strong it actually is now?

Finally, it might pay to experiment with her Peach Bomber - The Princess seems to be taking cues from Captain Falcon these days…
I'm assuming that this is a secret that hasn't been mentioned at all until today, right? Hmm, it could mean that it sends them up from the ground/down from the air. Or it could just mean that it can hit shields now.

Finally, it would be cool if you could add that demo 2 character select screenshot to the Characters page and let you click on each character to go to their writeup.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If it's apparent that Peach is too good with these relatively small changes after some high level tournament play and feedback(which, no offense I R MarF, but I doubt you can provide), then she'll be nerfed. It's weird how we have the ability to balance a game after the masses play it.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
If it's apparent that Peach is too good with these relatively small changes after some high level tournament play and feedback(which, no offense I R MarF, but I doubt you can provide), then she'll be nerfed. It's weird how we have the ability to balance a game after the masses play it.
This.

10This

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Most people don't even realize that spikes have very poor onstage utility even though they are strong offstage. Take Captain Falcon's meteor for instance. It has great onstage use because it knocks an opponent straight up for like 3 seconds and gives him all the time in the world to knee. Marth and Falco's spikes hit out and are easier to DI away from onstage and require much higher percents to link another attack into. (disregarding Falco's shine that is)

If Marth and Falco had meteors, the only difference would be that they would have a new onstage asset because Marth could now dair>fsmash at early percents and dair>up-b at high percents and Falco could could dair>bair any day of the week. You'd simply be replacing one option with another.

You are kinda annoying..I see why people was picking fights with you yesterday
Just shut up and deal with the fact that she got buff's
I'm not a peach main and my rival is, hearing she got buff's i don't agree with don't make me wanna argue an (Most likely) not changing thing and make people give you reason's why it need's to be done... be sides if you REALLY i mean REALLY hate the fact that she got buff.. then edit it yourself when it comes out. lmao....
I'm allowed to voice my opinion and buffing a character who is 100% viable is a legitimate complaint.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
100% viable but not 100% Fox. The goal, keep in mind, is to make every character as good as the spacies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You are allowed to voice your opinion. It just tends to be backed by an obnoxiously large amount of theorysmashing and the topic at hand usually deals with pathetically minor changes. It's the reason why people get so tired of your posts.

Please, please, please just wait until this demo's out and then start giving feedback.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
All of this

I'm allowed to voice my opinion and buffing a character who is 100% viable is a legitimate complaint.
Yeah but your just annoying, Voicing opinion is one thing but it always sounds like your crying over something and then when someone prove what you say wrong or something along the sort you just get even more annoying cause you got this "I'm never wrong" Thought going along in your head. which, in other words, you never come to an agreement, you just argue into what you want is done which never happens.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There's also no way of knowing if a Project M character such as Wolf or Lucario develops to be a hard counter to Peach. That's why we implemented a few buffs and are anxious to see if they were necessary, or if we should roll her back a bit. This is true for just about any character in Project M.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming that this is a secret that hasn't been mentioned at all until today, right? Hmm, it could mean that it sends them up from the ground/down from the air. Or it could just mean that it can hit shields now.
It means that there's an Easter egg for up taunting on contact with side b.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Ho boy, I'm making some bang-up jokes on twitter using the #projectmelee hashtag. You should all come along for the ride.

Bad puns and wordplay for everyone!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
"Viable" is a bad word

For example, Ganondorf was 100% Viable in Melee.

Doesn't mean he was good enough to not deserve a long list of buffs, though.

Lol then the whole cast needs buffs.

Except Fox and Falco
and that's exactly what they got.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Alright, finished reading through the last 5 writeups. Now some questions/comments.

I heard that this has the Mr. Saturn sound effect now, but I was looking away the one time that it happened on the stream. Does anyone know how strong it actually is now?

That line in the write-up was intentionally misleading to get you to use the move. You're right about the sound effect.

It's been mentioned in streams. Think of C. Falcon's easter egg.
Just so you know.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
There's also no way of knowing if a Project M character such as Wolf or Lucario develops to be a hard counter to Peach. That's why we implemented a few buffs and are anxious to see if they were necessary, or if we should roll her back a bit. This is true for just about any character in Project M.
What about Marth then? How do you predict he will play?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Marth is like Melee
who I still feel is a better character than Peach

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Nearly as good, not as good.
There is nothing in the "Project:M Bible" that says nearly as good. The goal is to get balance as good as possible, and if we can make every character as good as the spacies we will. The practical problem is that it is very difficult to do this without overdoing it, so making every character at least high-tier is the first priority. If we found out somehow legitimately that Demo2 Peach was as good as Fox, we would not have a problem with it. In fact, that would be great.

We have no irrational desire to place the spacies a little bit above every other character. Instead, they just provide a difficult point to balance around, but we intend on getting as close as is practically possible.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth is like Melee
who I still feel is a better character than Peach
are characters being edited or left alone based on feelings or facts? IIRC Peach has been outplacing Marth in major events the past 2 1/2-3 years. Discounting Armada's peach. and M2K who goes Sheik 80% of the time.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I see no problems with characters having really good things. I also think that its kinda ridiculous that people seem to be placing Peach's minor buffs on the same level as Marth and Fox's best attributes.

There's constructive feedback, and then there's nitpicking.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are characters being edited or left alone based on feelings or facts? IIRC Peach has been outplacing Marth in major events the past 2 1/2-3 years. Discounting Armada's peach. and M2K who goes Sheik 80% of the time.
Refer to my signature as to why marth hasn't been placing highly.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be slightly unfair for a character that is relatively easy to use to be as good as a hard character to use. The best characters in melee were all pretty hard to use with the exception of marth. This is my opinion of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom