• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can anyone tell me how to put different background music in project m? I wasnt sure where to ask and i cant seem to figure it out
A how to

You don't have to create the brstm if you can find the song you want, it's possible it's already been made as a brstm. All you'd need to do then is follow the last part of that guide.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Lol it seems like this is the first time the community has heard of it. But who knows.

Btw, how is Melee camera looking? I heard it was mentioned on SMYN that there was a recent breakthrough?
they've mentioned the 1 frame delay enough times that anyone following this thread properly should know...

Airjelly

Smash Rookie
Hey, long time lurker here. I just wanted to say how hyped I am for demo 2, and I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into it.

:joyful:

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, he can. You just need to time it right so the SFX will play. You can't do it like you can with show me your moves though due to the timing of the SFX.
If at some point you're able to replace sound effects, would you be able to add silence to the beginning of character's taunts so they can be canceled like SMYM?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If at some point you're able to replace sound effects, would you be able to add silence to the beginning of character's taunts so they can be canceled like SMYM?
That will be further down the road. The first project on the table once we can do more with sound effects is to replace all of Squirtles sounds with my imitations of them.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
48 hours? try dividing by four
Between last minute improvements, server clogging hype, and sleep, I'll bet most people don't get to play it until Monday morning.

Just about everything related to physics actually activates a frame after they're supposed to happen in-game, and you can't have it occur frame 0 to compensate. That's why they move frame 2.
Better question: Why? Why did Sakurai do that?
All these little things that need fixing just seem so random.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lol it seems like this is the first time the community has heard of it. But who knows
Minus team has also known this for ages. I'd assume it's not known outside the hacking community of course except to people who closely follow this thread.

What about the sticky teching problem. Has that been remedied?
I seem to recall seeing a standing tech slide on the last stream I watched, but as far as I can tell techrolls don't.

So unless it's been fixed in the past few weeks...

NNID
dansalvato
Better question: Why? Why did Sakurai do that?
All these little things that need fixing just seem so random.
My guess is that those sorts of things are "bugs" or side-effects of however they coded the game, rather than being intentional. It's not like they would pay attention to things like that.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm editing the GAF OP right now, and I think this question is in need of an updated answer:

Although you've changed the engine to play like Melee, it still doesn't feel exactly like Melee. It's off a little. What gives?

Despite our best efforts, there are still a few things that have been resistant to editing. For example, when landing from a jump in Melee, most characters would not be considered 'on the ground' by the game until their feet were completely inside the ground and their shins touched it. This was changed in Brawl to having a character land when a specific, unmoving, invisible point below the centre of his body touches the ground. Though this point is normally near where characters' feet are, it causes them to effectively teleport to the ground when their bodies are positioned horizontally (ie during Mario's bair or Link's nair). Beyond making little sense, this change subtly but noticeably modifies the timing for some techniques and is undesirable to have; however, the Project M coders have not been able to revert it.... yet.
Pretty sure the engine isn't Melee perfect yet... but it's close. What's left to change?

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm editing the GAF OP right now, and I think this question is in need of an updated answer:

Pretty sure the engine isn't Melee perfect yet... but it's close. What's left to change?
There's a huge laundry list of things left to change. I would honestly edit that paragraph to say we fixed that finally but there are still some bugs with certain actions and animations that currently use Brawl SCD temporarily.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I hate to barrage you guys down with questions, but will the time of the release be announced a few hours before hand or something to that effect?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
We're working on it.

We just also happen to be working on other things too. So it could either be before or after Demo 2 launches. Hopefully before.
Neat - I find the writeups really informative, though sometimes ambiguous (which is probably intentional). Good to know they should be ready relatively close to the demo being out, be it before or after. Thanks for the quick response. :bee:

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
get excited/tell everyoneeeee that demo 2 is coming
I tried LoL forums.

Got ignored and downvoted :[

Probably had something to do with me saying I'm a brolany (appreciates both dolan memes and MLP, partially for the sake of being able to say that I appreciate both).

iLink

Smash Champion
LoL is terrible anyway

I've been advertising the new demo on facebook and blogs pretty often.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
We're working on it.

We just also happen to be working on other things too. So it could either be before or after Demo 2 launches. Hopefully before.

Where?
Finally, I was refreshing the page for like an hour and nothing happened.

Future idea for Ness/Lucas Up-B's to set them apart:

Ness: PKT1 is Transcendent and thus can not be eaten by attacks. PKT2 grants invincibility though a large portion of the move. The only way to gimp Ness is to take the PKT2 to the face or edgeguard him before he hits himself.

Lucas: PKT1 is non-transcendent and can be eaten by other attacks. During the start-up of PKT1, Lucas has invincibility. PKT2 has only start up invincibility, and if done in the tightest curve, the invincibility from PKT1 into 2 is frame-perfect. To edgeguard Lucas you have to attack his PKT1 or wait until the beginning invincibility of PKT2 is gone, as can be done currently.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Not to be a Buzz Killington, but shouldn't all the PMBR log off from smashboards and like prioritize the last minute tweaks of demo 2 as opposed to answering repeatedly asked question on this thread?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Not to be a Buzz Killington, but shouldn't all the PMBR log off from smashboards and like prioritize the last minute tweaks of demo 2 as opposed to answering repeatedly asked question on this thread?
We each have our jobs.

Some of us just have to look good for the camera.

<<See avatar.

Revven

FrankerZ
Just thought about this: Does DK still not have a Down B in the air? That was something I was really hoping for. :(
Well yeah, he won't because he doesn't need an air down b to be good (just like Peach doesn't need an air down b).

It's called multitasking :V

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Well yeah, he won't because he doesn't need an air down b to be good (just like Peach doesn't need an air down b).

It's called multitasking :V
So long as you guys fulfill your April 15th release date obligation :/

I'm still salty about that bogus "end of march or first week of April" lie >.>

We each have our jobs.

Some of us just have to look good for the camera.

<<See avatar.
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef when are you streaming again?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
"Obligation"

Oh you.
Ahem. The trailer said April 15th. Am I wrong? How bad would that look if you guys didn't deliver on the date you all assured your fans....oh wait this happened before. :p

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Ahem. The trailer said April 15th. Am I wrong? How bad would that look if you guys didn't deliver on the date you all assured your fans....oh wait this happened before. :p
Between your entitlement and your "nobody's forcing you to make this" comments, I'm amazed PMBR members even answer you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom