• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
GSC introduced breeding and egg moves, held items, special defense and special attack split, as well as two new types.

RSE introduced a new EV system, natures, and abilities

DPP introduced Special/Physical movesplit and didn't give Flareon the new FLARE Blitz move to abuse the split

BW[G] introduced NOTHING and still hasn't ****ing given Flareon ****ing flare blitz.

Dream World abilities or whatever the **** could have just as well been added as regular abilities for the Pokemon to get.
I do not like the RSE EV system. Dislike it enough to have me stop playing Pokemon altogether. The items that make EV training much less tedious and repetitive (Power Items/Wings) should've been in RSE and not introduced in Gen IV. Too Little, Too Late.

Anyway, if Dark Peach can't find anyone, tell him to come to Eli's when we schedule another get together, which will be next week or next month.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Am I the only one who didn't know that Fox and Falco actually have prosthetic legs according to canon?

“Legless pilots can handle more Gs than their legged bretherin. When gravity forces blood from the brain to lower extremities, it causes the pilot to black out. But if you have no legs to force blood to, more blood can stay in the brain, and it’s easier for the heart to pump blood back to the brain.

“Their legs were probably voluntarily amputated as these are all trained pilots. Their futuristic society allows for prosthetics that allows them to walk and run normally so there’s no loss in performing these amputations.”

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I do not like the RSE EV system. Dislike it enough to have me stop playing Pokemon altogether. The items that make EV training much less tedious and repetitive (Power Items/Wings) should've been in RSE and not introduced in Gen IV. Too Little, Too Late.
Macho Brace was in RSE. Cut in half time needed to EV Train.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Makes sense why Falco Dsmash is invincible.

Guess it makes sense as to why their legs are so ****ing strong wtf do they make those legs out of, ****ing adamantine?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I didn't either. Never expected something so badass out of Slippy. I can only imagine how much his surgeons would have wanted to kill him after he saw his stumps and yelled "NOOOOOOOOO".

Rikana

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who didn't know that Fox and Falco actually have prosthetic legs according to canon?

“Legless pilots can handle more Gs than their legged bretherin. When gravity forces blood from the brain to lower extremities, it causes the pilot to black out. But if you have no legs to force blood to, more blood can stay in the brain, and it’s easier for the heart to pump blood back to the brain.

“Their legs were probably voluntarily amputated as these are all trained pilots. Their futuristic society allows for prosthetics that allows them to walk and run normally so there’s no loss in performing these amputations.”
Shell was told a few people about that in the backroom. Made sense to me too.

lol'd

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Perhaps, but Nintendo Power can be a source of misinformation. I'm not saying you guys are wrong; I'm just saying that just because an American publication of a Japanese game, Star Fox for the SNES (which was later canonically updated with SF64), says a statement doesn't mean it's true. Also this is Star Fox, a series whose canon is all over the place.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I never understood why the backsprites were so pixelly in gen 1 but fixed in gen 2.
Essentially every pixel on Gen I sprites is 4 Pixels on Gen II Sprites- the Gen II sprites are basically "higher definition" than Gen I Sprites. Just gamefreak handling the technology better, basically.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
HUEHUE-... I flubbed the line :(

This, and AR EV training is much easier in DP

:phone:
Cheater :/

But legal Pokesav was cool to use in HG.

Also doesn't excuse the games failure to convey which Poke increases what stat.

Anyway, that leg thing explains so much,like their falling speed, and yet so little.

humble

Smash Ace
Snake's knife F-Smash seems janky, why not just do it like ZSS's D-smash, where it tazes 'em? Seems like that'd be more in line with his awesome new explosive mindgames centric playstyle, rather then having his F-Smash be a multi-swing attack, it'd be a setup into his awesome boxing mindgames. By which I mean, he has alot of resets, that force you to guess correctly. F-tilt, will he follow it up with the second hit, go for a sticky, go for a grab, a jab, dash attack, etc.

:phone:

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman

That's only as canon as American box art.

you know what else is as canon as american box art?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Videos from the Legionfest tourney finally going up! Sorry for the wait.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007
Are any videos of Kiri/Ike going to be posted? I just want to see what kind of problems Ike has against competent opponents before forming any opinions about buffs or not.

(Disclaimer: I haven't played Ike in P:M, so my opinion isn't as reliable as others who've actually done so.)

On the topic of buffs, I know people are saying Ike needs a sex kick, but if possible, I'd really like for Ike's NAir to be unchanged. It's pretty slow for a NAir, but it really unique in that it covers roughly 270 degrees of his body and pops them upward; I can see it being a great setup for UTilt/BAir/UAir at low/mid %s as well as a good option option for covering platform tech chases (at low-mid %s) and rolls/spotdodges. There's no other move that's quite like it in terms of trajectory, range, and duration, and although it might not help him as much as a sex kick, I feel that it's a niche move that should be kept to make Ike distinguished from other characters. Lastly, there are other heavy-hitting characters that don't have a sex kick (DK, Ganondorf, Bowser, etc.); granted, they all have some sort of attack that can serve as a combo breaker, but it seems as though they are viable without needing an attack that comes out fast, has good range, and stays out for a relatively long time. I don't giving Ike a sex kick is a "cop-out" option per se, but I definitely trust you guys to have more creativity than that.

By the way, assuming that a character has a tech roll as long/fast as Fox's, would it be possible to space Ike's NAir such that the front hit can cover the standing tech option while covering the tech behind option with the back hit by drifting backward without fastfalling?

Sonjicboom

Smash Apprentice
So what are some current ideas for Ivy's move-set changes? I do like minus's poison/sleep powder idea, but that could be tough to implement. Just please, for the love of God, eliminate the fire weakness :D!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Getting rid of type weaknesses was one of the first things to happen with the pokemon.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe **** tentacles used for the purpose of tentacle **** sounds good.

/thisjokeistoo****ingold

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
No more fire weakness, and as far as I know, at least the poison powder idea me and [name] synthesised together is possible by modifying standard b heavily.

Dair is stupid unless they fixed it, but otherwise it makes her fly up as high as her double jump :V

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind if ike was given a sex kick tbh.
I only played him a few times at GC, but it really seemed like the nair and fair were almost the same move and served similar purposes except that fair had more range and all that. For marth, nair and fair look very different aesthetically and serve different purposes. You can't use marth's nair the same way you would use his fair, but with ike it almost seemed like you could use both in the same manner. I'm no expert Ike player, nor have I done substantial testing with the character, but it was just one of those observations I made when first trying him out.

I dunno, IMO I don't think it would be bad for him at all.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nair is used differently from fair. It's mostly just to cement Ike's positioning in a spot by making him harder to hit, and setting up for combos. The issue is, it's way too slow to do this with any kind of efficacy. Because nair just doesn't do anything well, it's pretty easy to punish Ike just for going to the air. QD helps in this regard, by allowing him more mobility on the ground, but it's limited in that the safest follow-up options still require Ike to jump. A sex kick to replace his current, mediocre, nair would alleviate a lot of these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom