• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall saying anything to this effect at any time.
You need to read between your own lines. You reason that the characters IC tier and above shouldn't change at all because this will throw off Melee mains using the PM versions of that character who go back to play Melee. By that reasoning, no one should be changed because there are bona fide mains of every character in Melee who use them seriously, all the way down to the lowest of low tiers. Even if you don't think you are, you're putting high/top tier maining players on a pedestal.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
I heard someone was mutating into an emo person the other night. let it be known that just cause your in the pr backroom doesnt give you the authority or enough brownie points to have a superiority complex. otherwise, emo-ness is sure to ensue. :)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You need to read between your own lines. You reason that the characters IC tier and above shouldn't change at all because this will throw off Melee mains using the PM versions of that character who go back to play Melee. By that reasoning, no one should be changed because there are bona fide mains of every character in Melee who use them seriously, all the way down to the lowest of low tiers. Even if you don't think you are, you're putting high/top tier maining players on a pedestal.

"Read between my own lines." The phrase implies there is deeper meaning to my post when there isn't. Please refrain from telling your counter argument what they think because I'm pretty sure I already know what I think and the only thing it does is make it sound like you are attacking me personally when I'm at least pretty sure you don't mean to.

The argument that changing the lower tiers has just as much merit as changing any character does not really work out, simply because of the context involved. Ice Climbers are good enough in the mostly similar environment between the games, Luigi really isn't because if he was, he wouldn't be put into the lower tiers in the first place. The context is what changes everything. Some put the cut off line for changes at Fox/Falco, I put mine lower because of relativism.

This also branches over into the "PM and Melee are different games" argument, but that could be applied, at the least, in a broader sense, to my position as well, so it seems frivolous to argue something like that, which goes both ways.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The good characters should not be changed because they are the ideal that we are basing Project: M on. Project: M should be an entire game balanced as well as the top 10 or so Melee characters, and that's whats so exciting and attractive about it!

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I also feel that from B tier up should remain unaltered, if at all possible (other than minor tweaks like sheik crawling, falcon sideB recovery, etc.)

I'm hoping its not impossible to get Nana to act and react identically to Melee, but if so, that would still leave S and A tier mostly unchanged.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure no Ice Climber main wants Nana to be as stupid as she is in Melee lol.

She should at least know how to make it back on-stage....

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, I actually met someone who went "You're that upside down controls dude! You totaly got me hyped for Lucario, man.". I blame JCaesar for filming me.

And I have to answer this:

America's political system has been broken for a very long time.

Canada's, to contrast, was only broken fairly recently. For a pretty long time we really haven't had extreme politics, just mostly centrist parties and people paying attention to the politics themselves.

The past decade and a half have vastly changed things. Attack ads, sensationalist politics... I ****ing hate it. I pity America, having dealt with that **** far longer than us.

Also this is now a politics thread.
And the Conservatives (e.g. Neo-reform Party) got in everywhere except Quebec. In this election, you got to admit that Quebec was the province of wisdom, whether you like them or not, lol. It's kind of scary how a government can get elected on the basis of wanting to remove rights on a very significant minority and how this government can actually afford to ignore them completely/repress them.

Canada's fallen very low on the moral compass. I know it has always been one of those controls with a dark political background of backstabbing, collusion, bribes, intolerance and burning down innocents (e.g. Trudeau, Durham, Colborne have done at least 1-2 of them each), despite it's good points, but Canada really shows it's worse colours when it's led by the conservative hill-billies ho think it makes sense to have a creationist as the minister of research. Canada no longer has the right to mock the US in that regard.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
The good characters should not be changed because they are the ideal that we are basing Project: M on. Project: M should be an entire game balanced as well as the top 10 or so Melee characters, and that's whats so exciting and attractive about it!
I disagree with the idea of not changing the top 10 in melee. sure maybe dont change the top tier but u really think the rest of the top 10 r fine? I mean u cant think ganondorf with all of his flaws (sorry kage) should really not be buffed to have a better chance against the top tiers do u? I believe that everyone below top should get some buffs, but the buffs they get should be determined with what they need. so for instance peach should get some buffs just not as big and useful as a lower tiered character such as DK. And thats from what i have heard or seen seems to be the way the people making this game r for the most part approaching it (which is a good thing). Also u must take into consideration all of the new characters and how they could/would effect the placement of these non top tier characters, my guess is that some of these new characters will have the advantage on some in the top 10 which in turn will mean some of the old melee top 10 will need buffs to stay relevant in project M.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
for the record I'm against Wobbling and I support it being removed...I do think
Ic's should get something even if it's just a Nana AI buff. Or perhaps give Popo a Nana-less UpB option....*shrugs* idk I dont think of IC's much.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
for the record I'm against Wobbling and I support it being removed...I do think
Ic's should get something even if it's just a Nana AI buff. Or perhaps give Popo a Nana-less UpB option....*shrugs* idk I dont think of IC's much.
I like the fact IC's are grab oriented characters though. High damage output and KO through grabs isn't as OP'd with them since it isn't hard to separate Nana and Popo

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
"Read between my own lines." The phrase implies there is deeper meaning to my post when there isn't. Please refrain from telling your counter argument what they think because I'm pretty sure I already know what I think and the only thing it does is make it sound like you are attacking me personally when I'm at least pretty sure you don't mean to.

The argument that changing the lower tiers has just as much merit as changing any character does not really work out, simply because of the context involved. Ice Climbers are good enough in the mostly similar environment between the games, Luigi really isn't because if he was, he wouldn't be put into the lower tiers in the first place. The context is what changes everything. Some put the cut off line for changes at Fox/Falco, I put mine lower because of relativism.

This also branches over into the "PM and Melee are different games" argument, but that could be applied, at the least, in a broader sense, to my position as well, so it seems frivolous to argue something like that, which goes both ways.
You put absolutely zero context into your statements. You come off as saying it's ok for mains of those lower tier characters to be thrown off in their PM to Melee game, because they matter less. As a serious Zelda main who may occasionally use Din's Fire in Melee and embarrass myself, it is exactly what you sound like. No mention of a balance goal or anything.

Speaking of the balance goal, there is a reason high tiers are only "high" and not "top." To truly be competitive with top tiers, they only need a few small and specific changes as opposed to complete overhauls of the low tiers. I find it silly to ignore them because in the end, you know they're still not as good as the top tier characters.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lol, I actually met someone who went "You're that upside down controls dude! You totaly got me hyped for Lucario, man.". I blame JCaesar for filming me.

And I have to answer this:

And the Conservatives (e.g. Neo-reform Party) got in everywhere except Quebec. In this election, you got to admit that Quebec was the province of wisdom, whether you like them or not, lol. It's kind of scary how a government can get elected on the basis of wanting to remove rights on a very significant minority and how this government can actually afford to ignore them completely/repress them.

Canada's fallen very low on the moral compass. I know it has always been one of those controls with a dark political background of backstabbing, collusion, bribes, intolerance and burning down innocents (e.g. Trudeau, Durham, Colborne have done at least 1-2 of them each), despite it's good points, but Canada really shows it's worse colours when it's led by the conservative hill-billies ho think it makes sense to have a creationist as the minister of research. Canada no longer has the right to mock the US in that regard.
I actually have a lot of respect for Quebec, outside of the seperatist movement. Here in Toronto thankfully we shut out the conservatives again, but I really don't know how long it'll last.

We've got some dark years ahead, hopefully we can get through them.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I actually have a lot of respect for Quebec, outside of the seperatist movement. Here in Toronto thankfully we shut out the conservatives again, but I really don't know how long it'll last.

This last election showed a fundemental flaw in Canadian elections. Over here in Sask, all 8-10 seats(i dont remember how many we have but for argument sake lets say 10) went to conservative party. But that was not indicative of how the people voted. only 59% of the vote went to the Consv, 30% went to NDP, and 10% went Lib/green) Our voting process doesnt reflect this. Of those 10 seats 6 should be Conserv, 3 should be NDP, and 1 Lib. This is more representative of how the people in Sask feel about the gov't. We all arent conservative loving hiks.

Anyways, I think the IC are already inheriantly buffed by the way Brawl handles Nana. The ability to completely control her in Brawl to me is a buff. It adds a real good desyncing game to the IC's.. Plus if you can control Nana, their Chaingrab possibilities are endless, they have like 20 variations of chaingrabs in Brawl, bcuz you can control the way Nana moves/throws/grabs.

Also Neko is sexier then i imagined

Vigilante

Smash Lord

Don't worry, even as a separatist, I still respect Canadians, although I like to taunt them for jest. I always tease Rikana, who teases me back ^^. It's a dark year for all smart poeple, no matter where they live within Canada.

And lol about nerfing me, XD.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So do you guys know what is causing Nana to go ape shiit right now, i.e. a change in LD or tether changes, or is it classifyed as unknown atm?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
we know what causes it. saying what does wouldn't really help either of us though.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I dont really want to know the specifics, was just wondering if you guys knew what was causing it so you know what to fix later down the road when you guys start on the IC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom