• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Auto cancel is regular 4 frame landing that occurs when you land after a certain amount of frames have passed during the move.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So I just learned about Samus's extended grapple. It isn't in PM.

@Strong Bad I demand answers.

I would think that either of the Links or Rob would be hell on earth for Puff.
Edit: and Snake

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
EDIT: ah, I remember reading that Ganon nair autocancel is 5, so I assumed it's the same for everyone.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
First, why do you even need to autocancel Fair? It's got like, 10 frames of lag. Normal landing lag is like, idk, 5?
Two, can't you just use debug mode to see if you even can?
Auto cancel is regular 4 frame landing that occurs when you land after a certain amount of frames have passed during the move.
I thought ac was 5 frames?
Autocancel is the game saying this Aerial is way too early or way late in the move, that your character basically never did the move or the move is basically over (like still landing upright after a gymnastics flip but just barely making the flip). And thus you have your character's normal landing lag; which varies for characters but 4 frames for most [Data linked in Picture guide]

IASA frames allow the game to be fast, while allowing the animation to still look normal if you don't interrupt it with something. And IASA often looks normal because it's positioned at the time someone like Marth would be just putting his sword back into his normal position, where as if you use the IASA to do another sword attack he already completed his previous Move's general animation and you're just thus having him do the next sword move over putting his sword back to his body (cancelling the rest of the animation that had him put his sword back down to change into his standing animation). [This is all a restatement of the video demonstration with Falco landing]

IASA comes in moves during the time it's generally reverting (in the animation's depiction) to the character's neutral stance (back to being Crouched, Wait 1 (Standing), or in the air).

Once you animate a character's U-tilt or something, you keyframe the ending of it to interpolate to have him go back into standing; in a fist fight people don't always bring themselves back to having their fists back in front of their face after every punch when they're gonna make another action and similarly that's why IASA is there.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Today while playing SSE I air dodged into a peanut as Diddy for the first time; I forgot to throw it for the agt and promptly special fell into a pit.
bitter sweet moment

As Snake, I can't shield drop my grenade and WD OoS into a smash throw. It always blows up first. I feel like when I watch 3.02 vids the timing is more lenient, but patch notes don't say anything.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Today while playing SSE I air dodged into a peanut as Diddy for the first time; I forgot to throw it for the agt and promptly special fell into a pit.
bitter sweet moment

As Snake, I can't shield drop my grenade and WD OoS into a smash throw. It always blows up first. I feel like when I watch 3.02 vids the timing is more lenient, but patch notes don't say anything.
Do it faster
actually one sec let me check something, the item throw changes might have changed it?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
bitter sweet moment

Do it faster
actually one sec let me check something, the item throw changes might have changed it?
Its easy to do. I think liz is just being really slow.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
bitter sweet moment

Grenades still last 90 frames
Time from grenade spawn and when you can shield it is 11 frames (79 left) (this might be wrong by 10 frames tho, data thread unclear and I'm not at my setupto check)
Snakes jump squat is 5 frames (74)
1 frame airborne, 10 airfallspecial/wd lag (63)
Snakes f throw releases item on frame 7, so that's 56 frames from when it leaves hand to when it explodes.
back throw is 9 frames, so 54 frames
up throw is 11 frames, so 52 frames
dthrow is 6 frames, so 57 frames
dash throw is 8 frames+at least 1 frame of running, so 54 frames at earliest
air throws are the same as their respective directional throws, so add 5 frames for jump squat and then any airborne time

Tldr git gud, move them fingers gurl

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve I think my mistake is I waited for the grenade to touch the ground. Thanks for the frame data, now I know that I couldn't do something with about a second of leniency.

SSE's great maze is actually the best part. It is minimal exploration and lots of character fights. It is actually kinda easy, even on intense. The rest of the SSE is just terrible enemy placements and annoying plat forming. (except for the parts where I get to abuse agt and wall jumps for short sequence breaks)
————
Hello PM Social Thread!
Wow that's a lot of mains.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The great maze is basically Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: Smash bros edition.

I love the Amazing Mirror.
I hate the Great maze.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Ew, amazing mirror. I just went in circles in that game, the objectives weren't clear to me last time I played it. SSE is great now that the engine isn't brawl'd.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
my mains are actually a secret message for what i like most

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did anyone realize chain jacket is still in pm? god damn its good.

Top Bottom