• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I know I just replied but I have to emphasize this--If I had a windows OS still or could get moveset editors to work on my ubuntu, I would edit the **** out of a few characters. I already once made a "not broken 3.02-esque" Lucas when 3.02 was still fresh, which included nerfed upthrow, reworked backthrow, nerfed OU Usmash hitbox size/damage/knockback, and a few other things. It was really fun but I only knew how to edit a few properties on moves like hitboxes/sizes/damage/BKB/KBG/trajectory/basic character traits.

... Actually, my sister is gone and not using her computer at the moment. Perhaps I could make a Fox with a not dumb Up B while she's still away... brb. :094:
Editing move properties isn't the problem. What I want to do will require completely new animations for a couple moves.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Damn that sucks. I know all about the American dream of bodying students with debt myself cause thats how they get ya. And LMAO at that college that shutting down I hope the students such as yourself can transfer credits with no problems.

On a lighter note I saw that sprite in your sig and that's from Freedom Planet and Two Best Play is doing a playthrough of it right now on YT.

edit: Tafo with a interesting talk on the recent Sakurai interview regarding balance.

I love me some Freedom Planet man.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Speaking of relationships, I feel terrible and nauseous and feverish, but this awesome friend of mine has been taking care of me. Shame he's not into me, because he's likely the most desirable out of my entire friend group, even without the whole "being a compassionate individual" part.

Oh yeah, and I feel terrible and nauseous and feverish. Sitting in bed on my laptop seems to help things though, so...yay?
I don't think you should be sitting on your laptop, even if it's in bed. Probably not good for it.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Not dumb Fox upB already exists, it's called PAL Fire Fox. (Though some endlag wouldn't hurt).

I still don't get why we got PAL upsmash but not the rest of the PAL changes to Fox.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
So, I should have about 30-45 more minutes to edit stuff. Here's what I've done so far in a nutshell:

- decreased Fox and Falco's shield size slightly. Probably too much from the looks of it though.
- decreased damage on Fox's Fire Fox "charging" hitboxes and "moving" hitbox.
- tried to increase landing lag on Fox's up B from 4 frames to 15, but I must have edited something else? I need to go back.
- Made shine do 2% instead of 5% (testing the lower limits of the spectrum, don't necessarily think it's warranted)

Is there anything else I should do to him? Also, would anyone know how to write some sort of code, or know how to change the existing code for shine so Fox's shine stall in the air decreases in efficiency over time like Lucas' magnet and Marth's side B? I'd love to know how to do that.

Other things I did:

- Increased Zelda's run speed ever so slightly
- decreased cooldown on a ton of Bowser's moves (needs changes to side B, too little cooldown)
- Decreased the cooldown of Lucas' standing grab by about 1/5th (too fast)
- removed the middle flub hitbox on Lucas' fair (I think I removed the wrong hitbox, unfortunately :/ )

Anything else anyone wants me to do to any character that's in this kind of vein? As in, nothing complicated, just hitbox sizes/damage/cooldown/etc. I don't have too long, but I'll do my best.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Anyone wanting to work on their animation skills, or mind teaching me how? I want to see what this game would look like with a Fox who isn't completely broken. I'm starting to become borderline competent with PSA, but am a total noob to modeling/animating.
I know Theytah gives people lessons on animating, you should see if he'll help you out.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So who is coming to Smash n Splash?

I'm gonna be there with a bunch of my friends.

Who wants to play? I'll MM anyone here if you want. Free money.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
I graduated high school today. Yippee. Weirdly not excited but whateva whateva

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why would you change Falco when he is already most balanced spacie.

I'm only using the starter edition of Starcraft 2 because I'm waiting for the new expansion.
SC2 has offline, but not for starter edition.
Goddammit Blizzard.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
@ NW_Gump NW_Gump , If your like me, you have graduated from 4 years of tedium, drama, depressive anxiety, lack of options, lack of motivation, and a lack of good employment until just recently that will allow you to move on to activities, people, and places far more exotic than what you've known. Get hype yo.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So, I should have about 30-45 more minutes to edit stuff. Here's what I've done so far in a nutshell:

- decreased Fox and Falco's shield size slightly. Probably too much from the looks of it though.
- decreased damage on Fox's Fire Fox "charging" hitboxes and "moving" hitbox.
- tried to increase landing lag on Fox's up B from 4 frames to 15, but I must have edited something else? I need to go back.
- Made shine do 2% instead of 5% (testing the lower limits of the spectrum, don't necessarily think it's warranted)

Is there anything else I should do to him? Also, would anyone know how to write some sort of code, or know how to change the existing code for shine so Fox's shine stall in the air decreases in efficiency over time like Lucas' magnet and Marth's side B? I'd love to know how to do that.

Other things I did:

- Increased Zelda's run speed ever so slightly
- decreased cooldown on a ton of Bowser's moves (needs changes to side B, too little cooldown)
- Decreased the cooldown of Lucas' standing grab by about 1/5th (too fast)
- removed the middle flub hitbox on Lucas' fair (I think I removed the wrong hitbox, unfortunately :/ )

Anything else anyone wants me to do to any character that's in this kind of vein? As in, nothing complicated, just hitbox sizes/damage/cooldown/etc. I don't have too long, but I'll do my best.
Lucas flub fair has good uses though

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I graduate from 11th grade after two days of school. I was told there would be girlfriends when you get to highschool. I got girls as friends instead, good enough. There's always next year - me last year.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So who is coming to Smash n Splash?

I'm gonna be there with a bunch of my friends.

Who wants to play? I'll MM anyone here if you want. Free money.
You got it buddy, you down for Melee as well?
I'm gonna be sleep deprived both days, one from a morning college event, the other from a morning wedding.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Lucas flub fair has good uses though
Yeah, that's kinda the point. IMO, it rewards mindless/lack of spacing with knockback that only really serves for cheese djc fair weak-hit strings and doesn't serve the purpose fair is supposed to. imo if you don't space it right, your opponent should be launched a bit out of range for a follow-up, not be right in front of you.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@Helsong >be single woman seeking good man
>tfw your stupid sexy friend is a good man
Well I'm going to be grounded or something so I won't be here to like your posts. Tomorrow I'll be sitting in my room contemplating life.
?
I graduated high school today. Yippee. Weirdly not excited but whateva whateva
Do you want to feel really old? Twilight Princess was released in 2006. Like WTF.
29 years old. ...How about now?

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
You got it buddy, you down for Melee as well?
I'm gonna be sleep deprived both days, one from a morning college event, the other from a morning wedding.
Either game. I'll probably be doing just $1 and not doing more than 1 per person, though. I'm more than happy to play friendlies and learn what I can from all of you, though. I've got plenty of work to do.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
creating tracklist for video collab i wanna do with some local players soon

thats all ive got for now ripperino in pepperino

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
so I played Melee with this dude I was playing in PM who couldn't play random dittos with me anymore because "PM's characters are so janky"

I played exclusively Marth and got bodied

then we did the same matchups with Melee characters only in PM and did way better

there's nothing like trying to make your character do something in one game and being unable to then being able to do that same exact thing in another game with basically the same physics engine perfectly

PM makes Melee feel so clunky jfc

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's kinda the point. IMO, it rewards mindless/lack of spacing with knockback that only really serves for cheese djc fair weak-hit strings and doesn't serve the purpose fair is supposed to. imo if you don't space it right, your opponent should be launched a bit out of range for a follow-up, not be right in front of you.
I mean there is more to spacing then just the basic idea of hitting with a move's maximum range. It's not mindless (or even necessarily a lack of spacing if done on purpose) to hit closer with a move, since it is generally much riskier. The general idea is that spacing with maximum range is meant to be safer overall and less abled to be punished but probably not follow-up as well meanwhile spacing to hit close with a move is meant to be riskier overall but potential allow for more follow-ups. At a low level it is better to learn the former rather then the latter (as the former is more important to the neutral game) but once getting to a higher level play the latter starts to become more important to learn for stuff like the punish game and crap.

Basically there is nothing wrong with how Lucas' Fair currently works and the sourspot in no way rewards "mindless" play.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I mean there is more to spacing then just the basic idea of hitting with a move's maximum range. It's not mindless (or even necessarily a lack of spacing if done on purpose) to hit closer with a move, since it is generally much riskier. The general idea is that spacing with maximum range is meant to be safer overall and less abled to be punished but probably not follow-up as well meanwhile spacing to hit close with a move is meant to be riskier overall but potential allow for more follow-ups. At a low level it is better to learn the former rather then the latter (as the former is more important to the neutral game) but once getting to a higher level play the latter starts to become more important to learn for stuff like the punish game and crap.

Basically there is nothing wrong with how Lucas' Fair currently works and the sourspot in no way rewards "mindless" play.
Good point, but even so, I feel personally that is' contradictory to Lucas' style to just have djc fair > djc fair over and over. Idk, I'm just biased and I prefer the old flub hit I guess, but I can admit that it seems now like neither is necessarily better/worse.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
you just described every single action in the game for me
the ironic part is that I'm still better at melee because

a. nobody plays pm in my ****ty region so I have few people to practice against

b. I only have to know like 5 matchups in melee lmao

edit: also sakurai sucks and brought this all upon himself by making melee as weirdly good as it was

sigh why don't I play a real fighting game

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
sakurai sucks and brought this all upon himself by making melee as weirdly good as it was
melee isn't weirdly good it's just that being incapable of accepting change is a primary symptom of autism

basically Melee's two biggest selling points right now are, depending on your age, 1) it came out when I was eleven, and 2) it came out when someone I think is cool was eleven

Last edited:
Top Bottom