• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
For real though the US is kinda spooky. Why does everyone feel the need to hang american flags on their houses and stuff? I'm sure your neighbors are aware that you live in the US. Is it some kind of cult?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For real though the US is kinda spooky. Why does everyone feel the need to hang american flags on their houses and stuff? I'm sure your neighbors are aware that you live in the US. Is it some kind of cult?

Yooooooooooooooooooo. Fire Emblem IF Nohr side basically confirmed for best side now.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/287/G028791/20150427113/

some key points;

The developers wanted to make a game which took the Arran/Samson choice from FE1 to its extreme
Nohr version has more mission types (defend, break through the enemy, etc)
The two versions share about 1/6 of the story, the remaining 5/6 plays out differently depending on the version
If you download the alternate route you can use a save copy at chapter 5 and choose the other route without replaying the opening chapters
The third route has a difficulty level midway between Hoshido and Nohr
Hoshido has a world map.
Nohr has more complex maps. Besides the usual "defeat all of the enemies"/"defeat the general" maps, there will also be suppression, breakthroughs, defending bases, turn restrictions, amongst others. There are lots of map gimmicks. (We've already seen dragon's vein.)
Both versions of the game contain the same characters. You'll be shown different aspects of their personalities in accordance to the route you select.
The downloadable version does not contain both sides. It does not lock the other route when you select one. You pay to receive everything up until chapter five, and once you make a decision, you will have to download everything from chapters six, onward, for the respectful route. The second download is free because you have already paid. If you want to try the alternative version, you have to buy DLC in the same way those with physical copies will.
You can also save directly to your 3DS system (versus the cartridge).
If you decide to buy the DLC, you can load your chapter 5 data and continue from that instead of starting from the beginning. Of course, you can restart if you'd like to.
You'll be able to experience an entire story by only playing one route. The other is a completely different story.
The third path is in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr in terms of difficulty. People who began with Hoshido should still be able to complete the third path.
You'll be able to lower the difficulty in the middle of the game if you find Nohr too hard.
You'll still be able to connect with people who play the alternative version. (Probably means you can streetpass someone with Nohr despite playing Hoshido, and vice versa.) There will be various perks for connecting with other players.
More stuff/where I got those key points from http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53457

#TeamNohr

Nohr master race now.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
M2 at least is hilariously underdeveloped
:grin:

They'll learn...

Kinda, yeah. Guns, beer, and the American Dream.

...I'm gonna start call those people the cult of 'murica now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ive never understood patriotism or religious zeal personally

going back to your prior post, your situation is pretty common actually. i had the same problem several times (and from living in several different areas, its happened multiple times). having people **** talk me and my character is probably part of why i like wearing the bad guy persona. now when people complain about my character i needle camp them and shino stall and attempt to time them out because i can.

steelguttey

mei is bei
theres a dude inmy first period class that gets super pissed at me when i dont do the pledge of allegiance

hes threatened me and everything lmao

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
because it's what you do idk people just do it. I mean I don't but then again my roommate hung up an american flag in our room awhile ago simply because he had it lying around

also cmon umbreon don't try to be edgy with the "i don't understand patriotism" deal
in my view patriotism is an inherently good quality (nationalistic xenophobia not so much but that's a different matter) mainly because if you take pride in your country it shows a certain amount of care about it, and that certain level of care is necessary in order to make it as good as possible. Like sheer apathy about states is unhealthy, because it leads to people not caring about politics.

nationalism roughly equates to political enfranchisement which is kinda self-sustaining

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
****ing christ I hate my local community.

2 days ago I had the best smash experience of my life and now all I want to do is throatpunch everyone and quit the group. I'm so tired of all the abuse. I'm literally the only person in the city doing anything whatsoever to advance the PM meta, and all I get for it is people calling my character broken and slandering me constantly, lying to my face, stiffing me for gas money, talking **** behind my back, forcing me to speed like crazy in my gf's car for 13 hours because they're too lazy to wake up at 10am or shower in less than an hour

I have a pretty thick skin but this has been going on constantly for 2 ****ing years. Is it because I play PM? Is it because I like teaching people? Is it because I always bring setups and cheer for people in brackets?

I love the game but my province is pathetic. **** alberta, you guys are worse than awful.
Dude, you need to reacess your relationship with your group. They deserve nothing from you, and the only connection you truly have is through a fighter. You gotta stop putting up with their ****ing bull**** over a video game. I can't acess your situation anywhere near as well as you can, but if they are willing to make your life hell over A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON A TV SCREEN, it's clear they hold no value in your presence outside of a free ride or gas money.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Dude, you need to reacess your relationship with your group. They deserve nothing from you, and the only connection you truly have is through a fighter. You gotta stop putting up with their ****ing bull**** over a video game. I can't acess your situation anywhere near as well as you can, but if they are willing to make your life hell over A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON A TV SCREEN, it's clear they hold no value in your presence outside of a free ride or gas money.
Bcuz Canadian.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Where is this place where I only have to get up at 10 A.M. when I'm going sosomewhere? I'm always getting woken up at 6 or earlier. ;_;

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
theres a dude inmy first period class that gets super pissed at me when i dont do the pledge of allegiance-

That sort of behavior is precisely why demeaning stereotypes of this country exist and stick around.
Argh.
Canada is a decent country that won't speak up for its own achievements, and that's why nobody likes it.
Compared to just about every other nation on Earth that won't shut up about their old ones, that is practically saint-like. Why do people get ALLOWED to do that sort of thing, again?
/rhetorical

Last edited:

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Hello again everyone! It's been a while since I last posted here, how's everyone doing?
I don't really have time too type to much right now, I've been really slacking in my studies and really need to catch up now, but I thought I'd share this before I go start on that.
Obama thanking Japan for Manga, Anime, and Emoji.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I do. At every tournament I attend. Even in Melee, which I don't play.

Probably going to sandbag with m2 all next tournament and see how hard they complain about him
Ask them who you should play, by their standard of "fairness and balance".

Then watch them pull an m2k when you beat them with the character they said was totally balanced.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ GrosMinou GrosMinou Because he was being a snarky little punk.
:^)
Hello again everyone! It's been a while since I last posted here, how's everyone doing? I don't really have time too type to much right now, I've been really slacking in my studies and really need to catch up now, but I thought I'd share this before I go start on that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was more or less refering to the smash community we have here, but I would be curious to know why you make that comparison.
quebec has a reputation for being very unfriendly to ousiders that dont speak french. my experience traveling there for smash matched that (although to be fair that was 10 years ago in 2005).

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hello again everyone! It's been a while since I last posted here, how's everyone doing?
I don't really have time too type to much right now, I've been really slacking in my studies and really need to catch up now, but I thought I'd share this before I go start on that.
ilu

Also, New Official Unofficial Project M Theme is this

steelguttey

mei is bei
im ****ing sick of reddit

i have no idea why theyre so ****ing accepting of pedophiles. obviously not r/ssbpm but the website as a whole has had people talking about them being pedo's and thats ok and getting gilded 5 times with 5k karma or some ****

theyre so ****ing racist and transphobic its honestly horrifying and i would kill for a better source of media that wasnt so awfully moderated

the reddit jirclecerk is real

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
quebec has a reputation for being very unfriendly to ousiders that dont speak french. my experience traveling there for smash matched that (although to be fair that was 10 years ago in 2005).
It used to be very unfriendly to outsiders, but it changed, at least in Montreal. There is more english speaking person in
Montreal then frenchies.

When I got in the smash community, here in Montreal, about 2 years ago, everyone was so friendly and welcoming, its litteraly the only reason I still play the game.

I hope someday we can welcome you again and prove you wrong. :)

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
So I've never touched ICs before in my life but after 15 mins of messing around i'm able to consistently 0-death cg Bowser, and was also able to squall all the way underneath FD.

@ Hylian Hylian I really don't think this is okay

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I've never touched ICs before in my life but after 15 mins of messing around i'm able to consistently 0-death cg Bowser, and was also able to squall all the way underneath FD.

No its fineeeeee

Helsong

Smash Ace
im ****ing sick of reddit

i have no idea why theyre so ****ing accepting of pedophiles. obviously not r/ssbpm but the website as a whole has had people talking about them being pedo's and thats ok and getting gilded 5 times with 5k karma or some ****

theyre so ****ing racist and transphobic its honestly horrifying and i would kill for a better source of media that wasnt so awfully moderated

the reddit jirclecerk is real
The default subs are seriously screwy. Like, I've never seen a site that hates trans people, minorites and women this much, while still maintaining mainstream popularity.
There are some subs that seriously make me question humanity, though. see: theredpill. Or fatpeoplehate.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Yes...bowser is by far and away the easiest character to hand-off. Go try it on like..metaknight and then after try falcon.

steelguttey

mei is bei
The default subs are seriously screwy. Like, I've never seen a site that hates trans people, minorites and women this much, while still maintaining mainstream popularity.
There are some subs that seriously make me question humanity, though. see: theredpill. Or fatpeoplehate.
go on funnyjunk.com if you want a mainstream website thats absolute ****.

also theres other subs like reddit.com/r/coontown reddit.com/r/tumblrinaction tumblr.com/r/treyvonmartin

D

Deleted member

hey lets take elements of the 6th best character in melee and mix it with the 2nd best character in brawl. then let's make nana way more resilient and give them a move that lasts kills off the top at 100. i bet everyone in the project m boards will call that character bottom tier.

sometimes i think you're all ****ing nuts.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Improving in pm is so hard for me. The rest of my crew hates pm so at pfests we pretty much only play melee. My only pm practice is by myself practicing movement and trying to shadowbox/learn zones, combing cpus, and playing at events. **** sucks lol. After this week though I'll be able to go to all pm smash fests all summer which will be great. Only seeing small improvements and seeing all the areas I know I can put work into once I can play with people more is frustrating but relieving.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I unsubbed from almost all of the default subreddits ages ago. The one redeeming feature of Reddit is that it's customizable; I almost exclusively browse small music and gaming subs and the occasional technical sub.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
go on funnyjunk.com if you want a mainstream website thats absolute ****.

also theres other subs like reddit.com/r/coontown reddit.com/r/tumblrinaction tumblr.com/r/treyvonmartin
i didnt know about /r/coontown or /r/treyvonmartin - and they sound pretty awful.

but tumlrinaction i did know about.. and plz no hate.. but I don't think that's anywhere near the same level. It can.. imo.. be kinda funny sometimes. It does often miss the mark though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom