• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
All this talk about modding **** and I'm so afraid of messing those sorts of things up that simply getting PM in the first place was a huge leap of faith on my part lol

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
one of the pmbr has been animating a ridley mod...
inb4 the april fools is that the mod is official

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Both Wii's I've owned are unable to have BootMii/PriiLoader installed so I have to be extra careful with modding lol
Bricked my first Wii trying to install a Dark Wii menu and with this second one I refuse to do anything past Homebrew x_x

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
bootmii doesn't actually work on a healthy chunk of GC-compatible wiis, keep in mind
Depends on when the Wii was bought. After mid 2008, new Wii's ended up with new boot1 revisions, which prohibits running a modified boot2 basically, which bootmii runs on.

Thank god my old 2007 Wii still has Bootmii or I would be ****ed because the wire for the Sensor Bar has broken.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
[PMDT laughing maniacally in the distance]

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So, I'm downloading Fortress Forever to get some more 1337 teambased shooters in my library. I will now spend a few hours in the Steam Reviews section demanding hats.

@ Shadic Shadic , how exactly did you guys go about making the new sfx samples? On top of that, is the announcer anybody we're familiar with?

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So, I'm downloading Fortress Forever to get some more 1337 teambased shooters in my library. I will now spend a few hours in the Steam Reviews section demanding hats.

@ Shadic Shadic , how exactly did you guys go about making the new sfx samples? On top of that, is the announcer anybody we're familiar with?
Quote from another thread
Not trying to kill your topic (or your hype) but it's not Xander Mobius. I would hazard a guess that no one here has heard of this particular gentleman.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They're actually very similar in Smash 64 and Melee.
True, you're right. I'm a lil more biased towards 64 tho. They have a touch more sting on them. It sounds like the PM ones are definitely inspired by both.

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
The new announcer's name is Brian McKeever if anyone is curious. He only shows up via google search if you specify voice actor, as opposed to skier.

Bazkip

Smash Master

The voice actor is this guy, apparently http://voice123.com/brianmckeever

Edit: Ninja'd but I have a link so my post is superior :cool:

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Why was the decision for a new announcer made? To make character names and modes less jarring?
I think it may have been a way to get smoother and more fittingly pronounced character names etc.

1337 3D17!!!!: Kinda makes you think there must be a larger motive. Like added character names that don't have sufficient or high quality potential frankensteined clips...names like John Cena.....

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Cashman's style is lame that's the only reason needed for someone new.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My new favorite thing is rustling austin pm's jimmies over stupid **** on facebook

God loling so hard

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
On the subject of SFX, are other sounds changed aside from sword hits?

...specifically knee-related sounds?

edit: Sheik fair too

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My only request for sound effects is to differentiate between fox/falco shines and item pick up

A lot of my item play interactions with knowing when people picked up the banana is through audio, and it throws me off because sometimes I can't tell if they just did a double shine or waveshine and picked up the banana. I actually react to shines via audio first too so it really ****s with my head sometimes

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
But seriously though, the best part of Melee Falcon and Sheik for me is/was the "TWOMBP" sound accompanying landing fair.

"HYES" with the knee and taunt is amazing, but if they kept the taunt AND added the Melee-esque sound I'd actually pee myself from the hype.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
omg
@Strong Bad pls
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
First 25 minutes of MKX story mode. Spoilers and Viewer Discrection is advised.
1399700815165.gif

I think it may have been a way to get smoother and more fittingly pronounced character names etc.

1337 3D17!!!!: Kinda makes you think there must be a larger motive. Like added character names that don't have sufficient or high quality potential frankensteined clips...names like John Cena.....
PMDT pls.

BAH GAWD

AUSTIN'S WITH THE ILLUMINATI

SAVE US AUSTIN

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
yea he got ****ed up lmao it was funny to watch

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Good for you.

The next step is to not assume that all music is made just for you, whether to entertain or annoy, and that different people have varying tastes, none of which are objectively superior or inferior to others.

Whether or not you intentionally annoy yourself by listening to music that isn't to your tastes really is just up to you. Other people are still free to enjoy these things.
Point taken
My intention was not to imply that others' tastes were inferior, nor to imply that music revolves around me, but rather to show that I have a strong dislike of a certain genre

I can be pretty bad at expressing my thoughts as opinions, or taking a dump on others' preferences, but het, that's what I get for growing up with sarcasm and exaggeration lol

So my b

Top Bottom