• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Studied 12 hours straight yesterday for today's math final.
I'm ****ing dead

I think I did okay

mfw I could get 0 on my final and still pass the course

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Based Binary Clone. Da bess, right after Meta Knight.
Well that's gonna go in my sig.

Since you were so nice, I put a little extra work in and even added noise to the hats so they fit with the original picture's compression, and some lens blur on the farther hat to fit the depth of field a little.
BW.png

Huffy

Smash Cadet
Hey, could anyone check if Blazblue continuum shift is still on Steam? 'Cause It's not showing up for me... If this is a regional thing I'm gonna be really ****ing mad.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You should add some noise to the image too. I suggest trying iku, kimochiii~ and teiru, oneesan!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with the good fellows at Smash Bros Academy ?
I would like to provide them subtitles so that people in my scene can use their videos

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Oh yeah, if you guys want to practice haxdashing/ledgedashing then go to stamina mode so if you mess up you can fall from the ceiling.
Just practice on temple or some other crappy stage with ledges everywhere
Like the earthbound stage

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with the good fellows at Smash Bros Academy ?
I would like to provide them subtitles so that people in my scene can use their videos
Your best bet is probably their Twitter or their Facebook page. Tweet at them and say you'd like to get in contact about it.

Also I finished writing way too much about your Roy game. I never realize how long those critiques are until I post them.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Can I get Santa hats for my Link and Chain Chomp based Binary Clone?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
But I Neeeeedddd new Diddy skins, they are all booty butt-cakes
No, you have Diddy-tron. And not only do you have Diddy-tron, but he comes in two colours (someone make more re-colors for me please).
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31734
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32787
I could spend hours discussing how amazing and inspiring I am to invent things such as glowing gloves, and light-up tail rings.
Someday super inspiration may beseech me once more, and I shall create another awesome Diddy texture.

Yo include me into these Skype lesson sessions Odds/Binary

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
@ Binary Clone Binary Clone It's typically easier to do critiques via skype (screen sharing) or by streaming on Twitch. Setting up OBS to do that took me literally 10 minutes.
That makes sense, but I don't really like doing stream-of-consciousness style. I prefer watching it and taking a couple tiny notes, then rewatching certain segments over again to solidify my thoughts and detailing the reasoning behind them.

Plus in the written format I can link to external matches for examples on better options or specific uses of moves and stuff like that. If I did video I feel like I'd just repeat myself over and over, especially when watching newer players.

The previous critique I did was of a pretty new player who almost always recovered onstage. If I'd done it over video... I would've just said "DON'T DO THAT" like fifty times. Then I'd feel mean. :sadeyes:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The previous critique I did was of a pretty new player who almost always recovered onstage. If I'd done it over video... I would've just said "DON'T DO THAT" like fifty times. Then I'd feel mean. :sadeyes:
If you're old enough to be discussing getting better competitively at the video game you should have no emotional handicaps

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Can I get Santa hats for my Link and Chain Chomp based Binary Clone?
Here you are! This one actually took a bit of extra work, because I wanted the HUD to persist over the hats, so the minimap and the health bar are modified so they're still there! I had trouble getting Link's hat to blend because of all the lens flare effects and not having any reference reds behind the flare, but I think it works okay, especially after playing with the vibrance of it a little bit..
PhantomMewtwoX.png

EDIT: Aw man, the coolest part is barely noticeable. The empty part of the health bar is actually translucent, which means that since Link's green hat is usually behind it, it's greenish in the original. To make the UI elements all consistent, I basically repainted the empty part of the health bar to match how it would look with the new red hat behind it.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
because I was hopeful >.>

oh on the subject of SmUsh, 8 man smash is the only enjoyable thing I've found. 4v4 teams has a lot of depth, and potential for really fun/interesting strategies. I'd love for that to be the main event, with each team having a separate TV on opposite sides, communicating/planning in real time, E-sports style. It'll never happen, but I think its the best game mode in smash 4
Have there been any 6 or 8 Smush team matches with notable players anywhere? I guess not which stinks as this is the first major new competitive addition to the series not character/mechanic/stage related in over a decade.

If players weren't so set in their ways trying to make Smush into a 1 vs. 1 game (which seems to have the same long term viewability problem as its predecessor) we could be seeing some insanely hype matches that most home viewers will never personally experience.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I came up with the concept of parenthood

Before that you just had to hope the Wolves accepted your offspring
Stop talking to my son you filthy pedo
Also
Fawk everyone on smashboards that lives in the same state as me. Yes, all of you. You know who you are
Dead state for pm ~_~

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
7am and I have to work tomorrow....go to sleep or continue reading things John Williams has composed?
insomnia plz
Right?! Music folder. Music folder pls.
...Oh wait.
I am reading way too many ongoing webcomics. I'm having trouble remembering each one and it's kinda silly how much I have to navigate to catch up and I literally just remembered another one I need to catch up on...
[backlog INTENSIFIES]

Bleck

Smash Master
If players weren't so set in their ways trying to make Smush into a 1 vs. 1 game (which seems to have the same long term viewability problem as its predecessor)
yeah I know right I mean like it's not like even melee like I can't even like wavedash you know like wow

Zoa

Smash Ace
Here you are! This one actually took a bit of extra work, because I wanted the HUD to persist over the hats, so the minimap and the health bar are modified so they're still there! I had trouble getting Link's hat to blend because of all the lens flare effects and not having any reference reds behind the flare, but I think it works okay, especially after playing with the vibrance of it a little bit..
View attachment 32488

EDIT: Aw man, the coolest part is barely noticeable. The empty part of the health bar is actually translucent, which means that since Link's green hat is usually behind it, it's greenish in the original. To make the UI elements all consistent, I basically repainted the empty part of the health bar to match how it would look with the new red hat behind it.
It looks amazing to me. I'll definitely use this as soon as I get access to a computer.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
To paraphrase your own words Bleck, players are bringing their Melee mentalities into a new game rather than letting the game be its own thing that best suits it through experimentation.

It's Melee's fault Smush isn't living up to its greatest potential, as always.

Last edited:
Top Bottom