• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
link also definitely has decreased drifting ability once he reaches the apex of up-b.

and it says his height increased which can't be right

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Yes please, if you guys find stuff we missed in the changelog please let us know. It's a years worth of changes to go through, and it's hard to sort them out sometimes.

Also he goes into the flop because of a change that makes landings from airdodge -> specialfall go into the special landing animation instead of hard landing
weird. what does that look like...?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IASA is now 30 from 21, thanks for catching that. Seems it got lost somewhere, it was in the original changelog but not the final one.

Animation edits are not always documented, but I believe that one is actually an error.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
only 30???

it feels way too clunky and slow to be 30. it feels significantly different than previously

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Use debug mode & frame advance to check for yourself! Hard to lie when you've got the tools right in front of you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"How can debug be real, if our eyes aren't real?!?" - Jaden Smith 20xx

I also wanted to throw down this little nugget: if States sizes were translated into frames, and New Jersey was considered 1 frame, Texas would be a bit over 30 frames!

Hot taters, that's a lot

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Damnit SB, OFC you would remember something like that. I'm gonna find so god damn many hedgeheg pictures it's gonna blow your mind.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
question.....im trying all star vs mode and idk how to have different characters for each stock....how do i do this?

edit:nvm lol......
edit2: i thought i figured it out but im still lost.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Scary bug that wont let me play 3.5, I have a midterm exam to study, pls fix

Mi4Slayer

Smash Cadet
Link took a small hit from the nerf bat. (especially the boomerang) and my friends main ZSS Got some neat buffs, but aside from that am happy with the 3.5

TreK

Is "that guy"
I was surprised by Marth's relative success in 3.0/3.02 He shouldn't have been a dominant character judging from his MU's and the amount of work you had to put in relative to much MUCH easier choices. I guess a more accurate question would be how well he does at larger tourneys with multiple regions present? Is there any way to sort out tourney results that way?
According to Smash wiki (much reliable sources, very internet), there were eight nationals last year
BH 4 : no marth in top 16
TO 10 : Articanus got 13th
GUTS 3 : Sora got 9th
LTC 2 : Zinth got 13th
Zenith 2014 : no marth in top 8
CEO 2014 : no marth in top 8
SKTAR 3 : M2K got 2nd with Marth (...and three other characters)
APEX 2014 : M2K got 2nd with Marth (...and two other characters)

However :
According to KayB's best player per character thread, the best marth players currently outside of M2K are Dart!, Sora, Zinth and ARC. Out of those 8 nationals, only three have seen one of those guys' faces. GUTS 3 had Sora place 9th, LTC 2 has Zinth place 13th, and APEX 2014 had Sora place 97th. That's it. There have been three chances out of 32 to see a Marth player do well where it matters and two of those three times, the Marth player did end up doing well.

So, is the character bad or are the ones playing him correctly just broke as hell ? I wonder.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL to see Marth top tier in this version. All the characters who were causing him problems received major nerfs, he didn't. He was already one of the most succesful characters in the game and that is only going to help him keep winning stuff.

And since there are two top Marth in my region that are both better than 99% of the Marths on smashboards, I'm already fed up with losing to that character. You guys had it easy, but I've been losing to that one character for a year now, and I'm just extremely sick of it.

**** that sword character who's best move is his only swordless one. **** chest hitboxes on sword characters that are supposed to reward good spacing. **** the reduced ledge occupancy and the lack of Marth killer. **** characters with chaingrabs on both floaties and fast fallers. **** Marth in general.

/salt

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So quick question when a move has increased IASA frames like Ike's attack outta quick draw increased from 27 to 32 for example is that consider a buff or a nerf?

Malion

Smash Ace
Playing Stamina with blast zones off and knockback set to normal is hilariously fun. People bouncing off the bottom of a stage is pretty funny.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So quick question when a move has increased IASA frames like Ike's attack outta quick draw increased from 27 to 32 for example is that consider a buff or a nerf?
That would be considered a nerf. IASA means quickest moving or attacking you can accomplish is on that frame: if your IASA goes up, that means you have to wait longer for your action. Marth Dtilt going from 18 to 10 for example would be a godly buff, while going from 18 to 26 would definitely be a nerf (just throwing out numbers, they likely don't match up)

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
tfw u find a new bae in pm

Wolf is pretty killer this time around.

Also, I love Pit's retro costume. He looks like what I'd imagine my milkman to look like if I had a milkman.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That would be considered a nerf. IASA means quickest moving or attacking you can accomplish is on that frame: if your IASA goes up, that means you have to wait longer for your action. Marth Dtilt going from 18 to 10 for example would be a godly buff, while going from 18 to 26 would definitely be a nerf (just throwing out numbers, they likely don't match up)
OK that's what I thought but wasn't entirety sure thanks for the clarifications.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
So since Diddy only has one banana now (you can hold onto it and counterplay) and EVERYONE can glide toss reasonable distances/throw items at reasonable speeds (Roy's glide toss is godlike now), NO ONE has any excuse as to why they don't know how to utilize bananas just like Diddy does. I still see top level players walking up to bananas and pressing A...

Also, universal DACUS is great. Roy DACUS is cool.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth post
He was underrated, but yes I would chalk up a lot of his success to his players outplaying the opponent. His MU spread always looks capable, not dominant. Dominant is a zillion Diddy Kongs, a ton of Mario's, Mewtwo, Pit, blah blah blah. Outdoing those characters on the rankings frankly doesn't seem statistically possible, unless 1 of 2 things were happening:

1. Tourneys not getting reported to the rankings (very common for many regions to make result threads but not enter in info for ranking program)

2. Someone like M2K is "dragging" Marth along on the success boat, even if proportionally other characters might have been used more or been more crucial in tournament for the player in question

I am interested to see how he will fare, since nerfs to popular characters might actually shift him from doable MU's to dominant MU's. Although I am puzzled why you hate him so much, since many Marth players consider Ivysaur to not be a fun MU for him in most prior patches. Join us and become another Marth! ... or Falcon. That works too, can never go wrong with Falcon (I am a liar yes you can, avoid NTSC Melee Sheik and Falco)

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Menu music should be whatever that one thing was, at that one tourney that I heard but can't remember

Yeah

Rrongfield

Smash Rookie
I can't play with Jigglypuff on any mode, I've tried re-formatting my sd card and re-downloading everything, but I still can't.
Anyone else with this problem?

Also, Event #4 had me fighting against Wario instead of Dark Pit. (Should I post this in the bug sub-forum?)

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Huh, so now that I actually try to learn how to edge cancel Quick Attack it's both easier and harder than expected. Props to debug mode's fixed camera, it helps so much.

Also, the Fox AI thing is pretty ridiculous. Are any other characters programmed with pro strats like that?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I can't find anything on it in the changelist but shield dropping feels easier.

Also rip charizard glide.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Is anyone running into a glitch that causes PM to freeze? For me I'm using hack build and it's freezing whenever I die off the bottom on FD. Have yet to try other stages but is there a known fix or do I have to wait for a new revision?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
While reading the changelist,

Oh boy. This is gonna be just as annoyingly rough as I thought...

Oh well, time to git gud. Again. ¦D;

King Bee

Smash Cadet
Anyone else not getting any of the new costumes at all? I can see the new menu and have all the 3.5 stages, but when I go to character select any 3.5 costumes are just... not there.

I know the cause and solution is "you need to format your SD", so it's not worth a bug report, just really weird.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
While reading the changelist,

Oh boy. This is gonna be just as annoyingly rough as I thought...

Oh well, time to git gud. Again. ¦D;
There's a changelist?

Malion

Smash Ace
Playing with set knockback and no blastzones is really hard against the ice climbers. Nana is an impenetrable meat shield you can't get rid of. lol

Top Bottom