• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
while y'all are fellating sethlon, I should point out that armada got knocked to loser's for the first time ever by professor pro

rolex is FUUUUUUCKED
Tries to get hype watching match.
Instead gets hype listening to guren no yumiya.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I could care less about Rolex vs Pro. Mostly because it's a silly ditto. I would be interested in comparing how Zero and Armada match up vs other people, because ATM I think Zero might be the better Pit.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I could care less about Rolex vs Pro. Mostly because it's a silly ditto. I would be interested in comparing how Zero and Armada match up vs other people, because ATM I think Zero might be the better Pit.
But... the amount of explosions that will be happening.... D:!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Snake dittos seems incredibly boring, by the sound of it. Snake is the character I dislike the most in the cast for the way his traps seem to just halt the flow of the game, control the stage, and kill nearly all movement options. Snake has poor approach options, AND cripples approaches. Two Snakes just sounds like the recipe for a stalemate.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Do people really use the term desync to mean things that aren't actually undergoing desynchronization? I think people need to use a better term for things like changing the death boundaries because that doesn't make any sense.
There should be a different term, yeah, but that's what stuck since the beginning of Brawl mods. It works either way because you can use replays to test for gameplay changes, which would desynch the replay the same as it would desynch online.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
There should be a different term, yeah, but that's what stuck since the beginning of Brawl mods. It works either way because you can use replays to test for gameplay changes, which would desynch the replay the same as it would desynch online.
Oh is it just for Brawl / Smash? That makes me feel better. Thought you meant like... all games. :drsad:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
while y'all are fellating sethlon, I should point out that armada got knocked to loser's for the first time ever by professor pro

rolex is FUUUUUUCKED
Whoever put that AoT theme on battle field wants me to die
that was my gf's alarm clock for like 3 months, and she'd always sleep through it. The song haunts my dreams.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Wait
Is there really no archive/upload anywhere for the MLG streams?
If I can't show those vids to my friends/girlfriends/grandkids I might cry
As a person who learns like a sponge, I will also cry if I can't see those videos.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Yo Sethlon. What's new other than what you posted? I demand-- actually I don't know what I demand. * Goes off to think what to demand *

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Me and Eli have foxes that are better than 90% of the Melee community lol

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

fun as hell match. tbh I will always generally respect mango's fox and few others because mango hates flowcharting with a passion, ergo he doesn't have a boring fox

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
when you expect him to just ledgehog, but then he converts it into an fsmash is just

beauty. pure beauty. mwah mwah. compliments to the chef

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just finished watching so many delicious WHOBO matches for Melee and PM. All this new technology, huehuehue. When I hit the lab after finals it's over, I'll start putting in work.

Prince Longstrok

Drinking Food did reasonably well against Mango.

BUt i will say i gritted my teeth when you missed the chain grab like 4 times when he started DI'ing behind you.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
WHOBO videos are on Clash Tournaments youtube
feel free to watch me get manhandled by mango as I make all the worst decisions like a reverse m2k

EDIT: ninja'd, didn't refresh
not even gonna lie I think all those missed CGs made the difference between taking a game off and not taking any
That CG gives enough reaction time that I shouldn't be missing it anywhere after like 15-20%, dunno what was up with me there
I keep telling myself I've gotten past the whole nerves issues but maybe I was so nervous I couldn't even tell I was nervous

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

WHOBO videos are on Clash Tournaments youtube
feel free to watch me get manhandled by mango as I make all the worst decisions like a reverse m2k
I wouldnt say manhandled. You showed some prowess, but If I had to offer advice id say work on downloading your opponent more- as Mango did to you.

Hell I kinda feel bad after seeing how much shield pressure he put on you e.e

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ROB has no answers to good shield pressure, especially from spacies, unless he has a gyro in hand so I was not really surprised by that at all
For OoS he has:
one of the worst shields in the game (if not THE worst), his base, hands, and head all poke way out after like half a second in shield (less if hit)
bad rolls
average spot-dodge
good grab reach but average grab disjoint
up-b with no hitbox
Usmash with a ground-only launcher hitbox that can and will be CC'd and punished, especially if fox is holding down from the shine or fast fall or dair
5 frame jumpstart and his fastest aerial is frame 7 with bad hitbox coverage

Gyro changes all that though. You get a very quick, far movement option OoS that puts a far reaching hitbox out frame 7/9 (depends on throw) but lose the grab/usmash OoS, which is a good trade.
I also figured Mango wouldn't know how to deal with the gyro very well considering he doesn't play PM much, so I used it a lot

Last edited:
Top Bottom