• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
First off, I couldn't care less about Sonic, but I am curious: have Sonic players gotten over the 2.6 changes and do they find that he plays well in the current build? I suppose I am just as curious about Ike as well, but his supposed nerfs/redesign occurred far earlier.
I'm not sure this will be the perspective you want, but I actually picked up Sonic immediately following 2.6 release and I think he plays fairly well sans some roughness. The appeal of the character, in my opinion, is that you get to go places and do things pretty much instantaneously. The downside of this is that because you can punish pretty much anything, your punishes tend to be super weak and often feel a bit unsatisfying. His neutral game is also a lot of being patient and "lame" so I can see how that would irk the people who liked to play him for rushdown and aggression. The biggest frustration I experience with him is that he doesn't have a hint of priority in his entire moveset, which makes it even more difficult to get longer, stronger punishes.

Kati

Smash Lord
A perspective devoid of bias from the previous version makes for a nice read.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why do companies feel the need to put out flavours like these lmao.

After lay's and the whole chicken and waffles ordeal, I dont even think they really test these flavors out anymore.

splat

Smash Lord
I tend to wonder how those flavor meetings go about. Something like this, I guess.

Pringles Guy 1: Okay, listen up lads, Christmas is around the corner; we need a new season flavor. Any ideas?
Pringles Guy 2: Maybe we could use, like, snow? That's, like, Christmassy, right?
Pringles Guy 1: Fantastic idea, Jon! Guys, we have a flavor to produce.
Pringles Janitor: But.. But.. Sir.. Snow is just frozen water. I don't think it'll-
Pringles Guy 1: No worries, we'll use artificial snow or something.
Pringles Janitor: Sir, that's toxic.
Pringles Guy 1: Right, that didn't work too well last time, did it? New ideas, people!
Pringles Guy 2: Something like snow? Er.. Paper? A ghost? Peppermint? Peppermint! Sir, peppermint! Peppermint is white like snow!
Pringles Guy 1: Great thinking, Jon. Though peppermint may be a bit bland by itself. We're so close, just a little bit more.
Pringles Guy 2: Mayonnaise is pretty white, too?
Pringles Janitor: Jon, no-one eats mayonnaise these days because it's "so fatty".
Pringles Guy 2: Even when it's processed in Pringles?
Pringles Janitor: Apparently so. People are stupid, Jon.
Pringles Guy 2: Not me, though: I just thought of the perfect flavor. White Onion Peppermint Pringles.
Pringles Guy 1: We can't use onions, those things expire and you know how we feel about that. I like the word 'white', though. It brings out the Santa in me.
Pringles Janitor: So use white chocolate?
Pringles Guy 1: I guess that's the last option. We've been working way too hard, how long have we been brainstorming?
Pringles Guy 2: I don't know, sir, but it feels like hours.
Pringles Janitor: Three minutes, tops, sir.
Pringles Guy 1: Exactly. White coconut peppermint it is, nice work everyone.
Pringles Janitor: White chocolate peppermint.
Pringles Guy 1: Right, right.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
My memory is failing me, but I think that we were told that the AI in 3.0 would be better, right? If no, ignore. If yes, then by how much? Express it in words or percent idc

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
There really isn't a quantitive measure for how much better they'll be since there is no standard to measure.

Sorry.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Why do companies feel the need to put out flavours like these lmao.

After lay's and the whole chicken and waffles ordeal, I dont even think they really test these flavors out anymore.
What was wrong with Chicken and Waffles flavor Lays? They tasted just fine to me.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
What was wrong with Chicken and Waffles flavor Lays? They tasted just fine to me.
They were ratchet as hell, and they weren't that good, most people got them just to say "LOOK I'M EATING CHICKEN AND WAFFLE FLAVORED CHIPS" and it made everyone else curios enough to go try them. I mean chicken and waffle flavored chips is unheard of, which makes a lot of people want to go and try it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I was curious to try them but Wegmans, local supermarket, didn't sell them and I didn't want to go to a Walmart/Target/whatever big chain supermarket to get them.
It's not even that I'm like, "these chains drive out local businesses!" when I say I don't want to go to them. It's just literally that our local supermarket(s) are SO good that you can't go back once you've been. So good as in rated number one supermarket in the nation. I don't know if I could move to anywhere that doesn't have a Wegmans...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
They were ratchet as hell, and they weren't that good, most people got them just to say "LOOK I'M EATING CHICKEN AND WAFFLE FLAVORED CHIPS" and it made everyone else curios enough to go try them. I mean chicken and waffle flavored chips is unheard of, which makes a lot of people want to go and try it.
I actually liked them. I don't see the problem here.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
They had a strong ketchup and syrup taste lol.

They werent terrible at least. I managed to eat a whole bag so it's not like it was vomit enducing.

They just were off the mark from their intended flavor and the result just wasnt good.

We actually had some on our way back from Big House 3.. ewwww... >_<
suddenly kage

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
We actually had some on our way back from Big House 3.. ewwww... >_<
They had a strong ketchup and syrup taste lol.

They werent terrible at least. I managed to eat a whole bag so it's not like it was vomit enducing.

They just were off the mark from their intended flavor and the result just wasnt good.
I guess my tastebuds are just whack. Then again, I am the kind of guy who eats Pizza Rolls with Steak Sauce.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I've tried the following flavoured chips: general tao chicken, baby back ribs, blue cheese and buffalo wings, and lemon chicken. I only liked general tao chicken flavour. President's Choice makes a ton of random flavours. Some more successful than others.

Edit: Yeah, Sweet Chilli Heat Doritos is amazing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I like some but it's hard to choose.

Triscuit Thin Crisps Parmesan Garlic
Udi's Ancient Grain chips
Stacy's Pita Chips Parmesan Garlic and Herb

But mostly I just like parmesan garlic. Lol

Edit: I don't drink soft drinks, I only drink water and juice.

Speaking of, everyone needs to try this, it is amazing: http://nakedjuice.com/our-products/juice/green-machine

Seriously, it tastes amazing. Not kidding. I bought two small bottles and a big bottle at Walmart and I had to force myself not to drink it all in 3 days.

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Flavored chips are really gross. Like why would you want to ruin the purity of these foods by adding stuff like ketchup or barbeque sauce? The same thing applies for dumsticks and hotdogs, those toppings taint the meat.
Doritos and cheetos are exceptions however. Otherwise, eat plain kettle chips.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
chillin chillin. i heard you were gonna make top 8 at Apex for melee, how true is this?
Well I'm going to practice for it so hopefully with the metropolis of 20xx Fox/Falco, I can make it through. Playing Ganon vs those guys drains your mind quite a bit.

Yeah, I haven't had these myself, but it sounds like an extremely gross combination of flavours.
Well I don't really eat chips anymore anyways.. bleh. All those chips are probably like chemical powders. lol

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Here are a few of my favorite chip flavors:

*Doritos*
-Nacho Cheese
-Spicy Nacho
-Spicy Sweet Chili
-Nacho Cheese LoCos Taco (who's idea was it to turn a Doritos into a taco then make that a chip flavor? Chipception)
-Salsa Vuerde

*Lay's*
-Original/Wavy
-Any BBQ flavor
-Salt and Vinegar

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Walkers prawn cocktail, i think it was tomato flavored