• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
When you were all talking about your gamecubes that still work, I was softly crying about my Wii from 2007. Motor y u no spin?
WAKE UP MOTOR! :cry:

Also rocked my supposedly "hard" Psychology test.
EZ class; EZ life.

Kati

Smash Lord
Can Pal users soft mod their wii to play the ntsc version?

Also @JOE! what do you want to know about stages?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
...We are talking about two completely different things.

I'm talking about corrupt trash like the RIAA/MPAA never learning their place or from their mistakes, and continuing to struggle against historical-scale factors directly opposing them.(That NEVER works for anyone... and they'll get their karma for trying.)
You're talking about overly self-entitled morons in target audiences. That is not news, nor something I have an issue with; it's funny to point and laugh at people who are like THAT.

Bruh.
That's a **** show you got that Cap from

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
what show

reverse image search gives no details, only "similar looking" images of blue haired anime characters

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Damnit, alright I gotta buy a gaming computer then haha, do you know of any good ones that aren't ridiculously expensive? My main reason for buying a new computer is just to play PM netplay

EDIT: Sorry I'm asking you so many questions btw haha it just seems like you have a good amount of knowledge with this, and seeing as I won't be in the tournament scene as often anymore, I'd like to make up for it with netplay
I suggest talking to Y_L he is the one who made this thread

http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...l-setup-optimization-guide-redesigned.346700/

I used to have a **** computer, but he told me all the parts that needed upgrading and even showed me the cheapest place to get them. Then he walked me through upgrading my computer using the netplay chat.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Where do you work? I can give you some more full hearted ones:
I played Dota 1 super back in the day, and it's still the best since Wc3 was also an amazing game. Now LoL is pure goof trash and Dota 2 is okay but ugly and lame, and HoN I have no clue.
I liked Drum and Bass before it was cool
I liked Parov Stelar/Glitch Mob while they were only moderately cool, and now excessively cool.
I saw the Wombo Combo video when it only had 30k or so views.
I knew about Bitcoin before it was cool, but didn't invest because I fail at taking advantage of my keen ability to know of things prior to their cool-hood.
I played PM since 1.0
I work at a bike workshop, like literally 80% of the customers are hipsters

Kati

Smash Lord
@ Kati Kati yes they can do that to play NTSC pm
:S

Seriously? so like... just install homebrew via methods that are currently safe and easy? and then the dl the full pm set? boot mii for good measure?

And yet people complain about no pal..? I'm so confused :(

There has to be some downside I'm missing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@GrosMinou @ Vashimus Vashimus @GaretHax @ Hylian Hylian
I've heard about how awesome it is to build a custom computer, but so far I've only heard that about desktops. Is it also true that, if even feasible, custom laptops are better than premade ones?

I personally love laptops and don't want a computer that I can't take with me everywhere (I don't have or want a smartphone, and not interested in tablets due to pitiful screen space. Love me some 17 inches). But at the same time, I can't help but imagine a custom laptop being incredibly clunky due to generic fitting parts, and a lack of streamlining and design by a manufacturer. At the same time though, a nice, custom, light, Linux based 17 incher with Wine would be a dream computer of mine. If that's even possible, could any of you point me in a direction? Thanks. :)

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I've heard about how awesome it is to build a custom computer, but so far I've only heard that about desktops. Is it also true that, if even feasible, custom laptops are better than premade ones?

I personally love laptops and don't want a computer that I can't take with me everywhere (I don't have or want a smartphone, and not interested in tablets due to pitiful screen space. Love me some 17 inches). But at the same time, I can't help but imagine a custom laptop being incredibly clunky due to generic fitting parts, and a lack of streamlining and design by a manufacturer. At the same time though, a nice, custom, light, Linux based 17 incher with Wine would be a dream computer of mine. If that's even possible, could any of you point me in a direction? Thanks. :)
First of all, "Hi Sapphire! Haven't seen you in a while!"
-
Second of all, I'm not a big expert on computers (Nor at building them) but I can speak from experience of having a custom built computer it's just awesome. Really, though the quality is how much you're willing to pay, I mean my computer runs pretty well for its overall poor quality, but personally I think it is better than premade computers. Just remember you'll still need to buy things like your OS, unless you went the way I did: and I don't advise going that same route. I've kinda regretted it.
Find a tech guy that might be willing to help you is the first step really.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That's a **** show you got that Cap from

Niiiiice try.

Try to find someone to troll who will rage at your bait.
You are not worth that kind of attention, but, people are stupid like that.
But not me.

Now run along, kid, you clichéd and stereotypical member of fandumb, you.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I work at a bike workshop, like literally 80% of the customers are hipsters
That sounds awesome, what things do they talk about?

I just forgot my cousin turned kind of into a hipster, but a lame one. I can't tell if I like hipsters or not now. Maybe most are lame, no wait, now I recall even more people I know in my life that are into horrible sounding Indie music (though a couple are decent).

Do you meet any knowledgeable down to earth friendly cool ones? Are there hipsters that don't like Indie music?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
At our last AZ asu weekly, I was trying to just cook food for the venue (we had like 50 people on the first week), and my match was called so I put my pan in the sink.

I literally scrubbed the dish so hard that the steam set off the fire-alarm.

I'm not going to even try to cook for the weekly for a while, so hopefully I don't do it again tomorrow. Who knows though, a lot of dishes get scrubbed.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
To the PMDT, will the custom wifi servers be in 3.5?

And will the launcher have the ability to swtich between full and wifi sets in 3.5 also?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I have a dream that one day at a tournament, the hard press'ees and light press'ers will be able to sit down together at the set-up and play together with their preferred air dodge in custom controls.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
To the PMDT, will the custom wifi servers be in 3.5?

And will the launcher have the ability to swtich between full and wifi sets in 3.5 also?
what
why would wifi not work due to an update? the servers think you're playing brawl

that said, wifi sucks don't use it

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
At our last AZ asu weekly, I was trying to just cook food for the venue (we had like 50 people on the first week), and my match was called so I put my pan in the sink.

I literally scrubbed the dish so hard that the steam set off the fire-alarm.

I'm not going to even try to cook for the weekly for a while, so hopefully I don't do it again tomorrow. Who knows though, a lot of dishes get scrubbed.
****in scrub

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I have a dream that one day at a tournament, the hard press'ees and light press'ers will be able to sit down together at the set-up and play together with their preferred air dodge in custom controls.
Or light pressers can just get their **** together and hold down the triggers when plugging in their controllers. My friend once complained that I was using full set because he had to hard press, which made Ness hard to play. Aw poor little you, having to use the tournament version of project M.

But in all seriousness, PMDR please.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So, does anybody think the leaked full roster for Sm4sh looks kinda ****ty..?
The cutting of every veteran anyone has ever loved in favor of Mii Fighters, Wii Fit trainer, and Pittooey has already been noted. We all cried, but then Pokken happened. The Pichu dream still lives.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
The cutting of every veteran anyone has ever loved in favor of Mii Fighters, Wii Fit trainer, and Pittooey has already been noted. We all cried, but then Pokken happened. The Pichu dream still lives.
Is Pokken going to have every fighting type ever I wonder..? That's a decent roster if so

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I have a large distaste for laptops, so I won't be too much help in that department as I've never even owned one.

From what I understand though, it's much much more complicated to build your own laptop, if possible at all. If you want a custom laptop it's better to have a professional build it for you, where as a desktop you can build yourself and upgrade yourself without too much worry.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
That sounds awesome, what things do they talk about?

I just forgot my cousin turned kind of into a hipster, but a lame one. I can't tell if I like hipsters or not now. Maybe most are lame, no wait, now I recall even more people I know in my life that are into horrible sounding Indie music (though a couple are decent).

Do you meet any knowledgeable down to earth friendly cool ones? Are there hipsters that don't like Indie music?
Hipsters at a bikeshop talk about bikes :). Most hipsters are cool and friendly its just the ones that try too hard that can get tiresome. No hipster i've met doesn't like indie music but some people embrace the indie more than others.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Hipsters at a bikeshop talk about bikes :). Most hipsters are cool and friendly its just the ones that try too hard that can get tiresome. No hipster i've met doesn't like indie music but some people embrace the indie more than others.
Ugh. I don't like the title 'hipster' anymore. Apparently wearing what some people want to wear is hipster now.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Do they like Andrew Jackson Jihad?

Also I spent today wondering which class to enroll in/chose after I attended both (I was enrolled in one and able to switch to the other), the deadline was midnight and has ended. It's one of the more easy classes and fun, but they were both good, except the one I didn't chose was even more fun but possibly just a little more intimidating with grades. Might as well ask tomorrow if it's still possible to switch, it's hard to be decisive in life.

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
what
why would wifi not work due to an update? the servers think you're playing brawl

that said, wifi sucks don't use it
that's....not what he asked

he asked if PMDT will still provide a wi-fi build even though the official servers are now down.

and also if the launcher will be able to switch between builds, since it was mentioned to be a possibility back when the launcher was released , but we haven't heard about it since

and yes wi-fi sucks, but it does help improve certain aspects that CPUs can't

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
He most likely meant will PM come already with the wiimfii server coded into it (the RSBE01.gct), which would definitely be yes with no reason not to. I suspect that they'll even contact or work with the wiimfii guy to get a private PM one (which is another question itself, but I'd rather be surprised by what they do when it comes out) to separate Brawl and other mods on the wiimfii server to make the instant free play mode work being that it'll only connect to others running PM (and maybe try to edit that to make it 1v1 rather than 4v4 or something, I haven't ever used that mode besides at my friends once)

Man I should have went with that other class..most likely..
I need to buy some huge ass coin from some ancient oriental lucky relic shop and use it for these decisions, but then it might actually be an unlucky relic coin and cursed from the war of Majung and Keibor which spanned the majority of ancient China in this suppose to be real based Manga about dogs that like to dress as cats I read. I would have to flip a coin to determine which coin is lucky to buy, but then it's a vicious cycle because most coins have been handled by drug lords and proven to contain trace amounts of cocaine probably making them unlucky and choosing even more unlucky coins.

I wonder if there's a specific area of the frontal cortex that's vehemently linked to indecisiveness

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon To add to Hylian, It's difficult with laptops because there's far fewer room for customization. You can't buy different motherboards for a laptop, you just get the one that came with it, so unless you can pay someone to professionally build one for you, it's really limiting and not worth it to be honest.

The reason you don't see many people building laptops is because they aren't meant to be powerful computers. You mainly get a laptop for the portability factor and battery life, with the intention of using it mainly for work. Desktops can be used for much more as well as for work.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The game is sick af, I've played a bunch since it came out yesterday, netplay is tight as long as your opponent doesn't have super ****ty Ping, games get intense and FAST, even FFAs are fun. Not to mention free characters and content and **** are planned for the future.

Really fun game.

Top Bottom