• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Yes, but why is it the damage you are doing is taken away because the other character does a burst or something?
I don't actually play KI so this is off the top of my head, but: you only technically do damage if you end your combo with a combo-ending move, meaning if you drop you've done no damage at all, and there's a combo breaking thing which I... don't fully understand, but I know it can be baited out easily which causes that "!" to pop up on the oppponent's head

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
chu plays hella automatic (like most of the best players do). that said i'll let him know you think he sucks so he can garner your swaths of bountiful kirby mastery.
lol i can tell you said that hella sarcastically, which is understandable cuz im a jimmy joe in the community.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The ! sign over a characters head is means you are locked out of doing combo breakers in which you dont want. It's pretty much what happens if you guess wrong with a combo breaker outta the light, medium or heavy buttons and if you guess right you get a combo breaker and if you dont you get locked on which you get free damage for a period of time. Shadow Counters are pretty much EX versions of them breaker combo breakers and if you are successful with the shadow counter you get no damage scaling and get all the damage unless they have meter to shadow breaker your shadow breaker so it's almost like guessing your opponents DI options and going from there . There are some supers that you cant combo breaker outta of though like Glacius hailstorm.

This is where linkers and manuals come in. Linkers are like your chain combos from like an anime game like GG and BB and Marvel versus series so lights into mediums into heavys and are easy to break and Glacius is susceptible to this cause of his Dhaslim like playstlye and its easy to know when to break combos against him. Manuals are pretty much Street fighter esque links in which are harder but gives your move damage are a harder to break and you want damage off your enders in which the higher the strength the more damage you get. Each character has their own special ability built into their playstyle as well such as Saberwuf getting easy double linkers and his Instinct mode giving him chip damage on his normals and so on and so forth.

Hope I can help I never played the game either but I love watching it and the series and want to play it seriously but the money right now can wait for it.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Killer Instinct is kinda boring to watch. It's all ground based, and the neutral seems to lack any distant poking. And I don't know if the meta is like baby sized or what, but almost all the combos seem bread and butter and really short. The only interesting character seems to be Sadira, and she's designed like an anime fighter.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Oh beloved Litichi of Liberty, hold me in your arms, for that was the GF's that's got me interested in BlazBlue. Makes me wanna pick it up, along with a fightstick, and practice her.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Killer Instinct is kinda boring to watch. It's all ground based, and the neutral seems to lack any distant poking. And I don't know if the meta is like baby sized or what, but almost all the combos seem bread and butter and really short. The only interesting character seems to be Sadira, and she's designed like an anime fighter.
That's exactly why I like it.
And Sadira's jank

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You want short and damaging combos you dont want long ass combos cause otherwise you will get combo breakered and your chance of getting combo breakered will increase.

You only do some form of long combos when you lock out your opponent or when your opponent is in the red and when their healthbar says DANGER they you can go ham once you initiate the Ultra Combo.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Guilty Gear is coming to PS4, so I already know who wins in that fighting game battle.
PS3 too, with cross-platform play between the two.

That game is still sorcery to me btw. It's like ArcSys bathes in the blood of the innocent.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Street Fighter fans seem hard to please, like even if Ultra is overall more balanced if the change they wanted wasn't implemented or their favorite character is still kinda mediocre than the whole update is considered a failure.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 2015 edition is probably on the way as we speak.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
That's what the FGC and usually, Smash, are.

Nothing new.
I only will acknowledge its existence on the basis that it's where snake eyez came from so it's not the worst thing

but also ST is so much fun to play/watch and the old/new character dynamic one can get off of characters like ryu and honda is something I've never seen done as effectively in any other game
Thank you for demonstrating the above concept.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's a patient mans game kinda like ST. That's why Fchamp and Jwong all play this game and get that free money cause it's more closely to those older footsie heavy based games which I'm fine with.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Brawl is a patient man's game too. I don't see how that's a common complaint for Brawl, but a good thing for a traditional fighter.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Brawl is a patient man's game too. I don't see how that's a common complaint for Brawl, but a good thing for a traditional fighter.
It is while every hit you get puts you at neutral which is silly unless it's a kill move and they die. I rather have KI over Brawl though cause it at least rewards offense more and games are faster. Like I said before it's a love it or hate type of thing.

EDIT: @ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy Like I said earlier in the thread put your faith in CD JR lol.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Here's a SF laugh for ya.

And congrats to CD JR as expected. He's also a top player in MK9 when the game was relevant and went in hard in this game. Also KI peaked around 85-86K viewers.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
It is while every hit you get is at neutral which is silly unless it's a kill move and they die. I rather have KI over Brawl though cause it at least rewards offense more and games are faster. Like I said before it's a love it or hate type of thing.

EDIT: @ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy Like I said earlier in the thread put your faith in CD JR lol.
Looks like you were right lol. Congratz to JR.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Everybody tell yo friends, tell yo wife, tell yo kids Melee top 8 is on!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Scrubs lets releive this from last year.

EDIT: Hope this top 8 isnt a blowout snooze fest like KI.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
aw, I was hoping for a big announcement. I mean there's one tomorrow but I ain't wakin up that early, c'mon

Top Bottom