• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Where did these MD melee players post? I'm curious to read their arguments.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
None of the MD Melee players who disagreed with the spacie changes read this thread. If you wanna try calling them out, you might wanna try it somewhere where they can see it. Unless you don't actually want them to see it.
#1 - I plan to
#2 - There's a bigger issue here. The public needs to know about these things so their voices are heard and you can witness first hand the people who love P:M and don't share a ridiculous closed-minded viewpoint and who count as a bigger and better force in the community although visibly less vocal for many reasons. One of those reasons being not knowing what is going on.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Countless eons ago, in a confused and hyper character idea thread......a godlike creature with a strong mind, and beaver like face emerged. With only 3 words, the entire landscape of character balances was changed. No longer could the Spacie's destinies be set in stone. Throughout the thread....these words echoed,.........................................................."Nothing is sacred".

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
While I noticed the lack of inv. on the shine I don't particularly mind it, it was probably originally intended to make the timing for reflecting projectiles more linient or something in the first place. While it does affect a ton of stuff it honestly doesn't really bother me at all. /shrug as long as shield mechanics are fixed so shieldgrabbing isn't the best option in almost every situation I'll be happy. Though I will miss being able to grab Spacies fresh out of a doubleshine as Ganon, it currently doesn't feel rewarding to do so, in fact, it just feels wrong grabbing people oos against nearly all of the cast in situations I know didn't exist in melee. But I could care less about losing a single frame of superfluous protection, however could you also get rid of the 800 frames of invincibility while playing as Zelda lol...
Also is it just me or does Lylat's collision and part of the ledge still tilt without being visible? Some weird stuff tends to happen on that stage that I haven't been able to identify yet.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah, those were... Something else.

In the mean time, anyone know if there's a stage hack that works on Lylat in PM2.6 that has a tamer background?

Not yet, but it has a good chance of being released eventually.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
...I live in MD and i'm just now finding out about this PM Facebook Group? And here I am joining the Melee and Smash 4 groups looking for PM tourneys...

SunJester

Smash Ace
All I can say regarding the spacey debate is, don't cater so much to Melee fans, most of them don't want to play anything other than Melee anyways.

Lets see what you can do for the PM fans.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
All I can say regarding the spacey debate is, don't cater so much to Melee fans, most of them don't want to play anything other than Melee anyways.

MVP

Smash Ace
When is the changelist coming out? its been over a month...

Kati

Smash Lord

while I dislike generalizing... this has been the most prevalent attitude. Even a perfect full version for P:M will still have brawl elements such as flying characters which might permanently keep some, or many, from committing to P:M, so it's possibly a lost cause catering to people so devoted to a particular metagame.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When is the changelist coming out? its been over a month...
I had some meme prepared the next time someone would ask that, but I completely forgot what it was =(.. maybe it was a Mitch Hedberg quote

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"I used to play Fox. I still do, but I used to too."

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
IMO, spacies arent as big a deal enough in PM anymore to deserve "nerfs" since so many characters can comepete with them now + the development of entirely new strategies and matchups

that being said, i dont entirely disagree with spacie nerfs (i could give a **** less about spacies honestly, gnw/falcon are my homies), but apparently 2.6 took out "frame 1 invincibility" that fox and falco had (i just learned about that recently, and have no idea if its actually a thing or not, correct me if im wrong), and seeing people complain about something thats difficult to get anyways was hilarious

they win anyways because theyre metagame is prolly the most well known/made out of all the current characters

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Dude they straight up insult the game and flip out over an invincibility frame (imo invincibility should not even be in smash to begin with)
Remember the reaction to Sheik's throw change? Would you believe me if I told you people still whine about that here and there but its kind of died down because everyone knows its indefensible? Do you agree with THAT change?

I suppose the fact that bubbaking is in the MD scene is a huge contributor to why things must be dumb there, but I have no knowledge of that. As I have a nice thing called the ability to block people

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I was fine with Shiek dthrow and needles in melee but like the changes that were done to them. I would be fine with changes to spacies as well. I don't think they need massive changes through. I would start with making their recovery and shine worse.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Regardless of the changes made to characters, I'd rather play Project M than Fox and his fantastic friends, or Metaknight and his amazing pals. It feels like a game that has thought put into it, instead of something haphazardly slapped together without any critical testing to see if the game is easy to abuse at high levels of play.

If I could think of anything that does feel abusive, it would be that crouch canceling seems a tad polarizing. Maybe it's just me though.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
If we want to tweak, say, Fox, without changing the character's feel in any big way, couldn't you just make the upsmash and upair kill like 20% later? Like, he still might need changes, but it's not a bad place to start and has very little to do with the way he feels.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I say we scrap the entire Fox character and replace him with a Penguin named Carl.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I say just leave the spacies the way they are and buff the rest of the cast, it would produce the same results without harming melee's precious "Space Animals."

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I say just leave the spacies the way they are and buff the rest of the cast, it would produce the same results without harming melee's precious "Space Animals."
It's not a bad idea, but how much can we seriously buff everyone else before it just becomes silly like Brawl Minus?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
It is not that simple. Most character are at a place where they don't need the kinds of buffs they would require to be spacie level. Look at Sonic who was there in 2.5b. His design were harmful for the game did not fit whiten it. I don't want to see more character go down that path. I don't have as big a issue with spacie design as some people but it would be better to tweak them. Don't of it as a nerf but as normalizing. I like that term.

Fox will always be good as long as he has such a fantastic moveset and the movement to make good of it. Falco has a similar fantastic moveset and lasers for supreme neutral control.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I don't mind about the nerfs tbh, but I would like them to remain true to their melee selves, and I don't think that most of the cast needs buffs to work around spacies, I mean, yeah, they are awesome, but they required a LOT of skill to play perfectly.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'm having dios mios booter problems. I'm using an SD card and I've installed the Dios Mios Lite 2.10 wad using a wad manager, but when I try to select a game on the Dios Mios booter I get redirected to the Wii Menu. Can someone help me with this?
All I know is that certain games only work with certain options checked, so I use this when launching the games.
I also used this guide to help me install DML correctly.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
as said before, you get 2.5 sonic, 2.1 ike, and 2.1 lucario. and that's just no fun.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
None of the MD Melee players who disagreed with the spacie changes read this thread. If you wanna try calling them out, you might wanna try it somewhere where they can see it. Unless you don't actually want them to see it.
Do I count?

I don't like this nerf because instead of being a successor to Melee this game is becoming a successor to Brawl+.

Who cares what's Melee anymore we changed the two most untouchable characters, you could give Captain Falcon a projectile at this point and it'd be a microscopic change in comparison. (No, this isn't a slippery slope argument. You'd have to be, in a way, "on the slope" for that to be the case. Shines are "at the bottom of the slope," as a way of putting it. You touched the moves that could easily be considered the most untouchable in the game to change.)

Instead of trying to balance this game to Melee A-D tiers how about trying balancing the game to S-B tiers so the game is what it was goddamn supposed to be from the ideals of like, what now, 3 years ago? Oh wait, nevermind because the community ******* every single time a character is S or A tier (Lucario, Sonic, Ike) to get those nerfed to Melee C tier instead of fixing any inherent flaws in the characters (Shield pressure, identification of moves, wonky hitboxes respectively) that would fix the main design flaws while leaving these characters S/A tier so people can't ***** about them anymore.

While you're already in PSA to change Shines back, how about you put Sheik NTSC D-Throw back too.

BTW what's the point of Wolf's shine now especially, a move that can be CC'd till like a trillion percent, has no invincibility, and does **** damage. By the time they can't CC it anymore it probably can't be followed up into anything. That's another great thing about the Shine nerf.

Top Bottom