• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
Don't you watch the anime?
There are obviously 2 Mewtwos.
Everyone knows that
Psh

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ROFLMMFAO! i'm done!

@GHNeko i never got to reply to you seeing as how that one very nasty thread got closed off...

but yeah, i owe you an apology for being sort of an asshole. Sorry.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Mario got second place in The Big House, Mewtwo revealed, and I've got cake in the fridge. It's turning out to be a pretty good birthday.

I have no idea how to play as Mewtwo, but come December 21st - 31st, I'm sure as hell gonna try to learn.
Happy birthday!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Also, I don't know about anybody else...but as someone who's loved the smash series since the 90s and brought both a gamecube and a wii for the sole purpose of playing the next installment...I just want to say that IDGAF about smash4. I'm sorry but i just had to say it outloud. i don't give a damn, i don't care who's revealed. i love Megaman and i wanted to play him in a smash game for years but...i won't be buying a wiiu or smash4.

I feel alot better now :).

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
So since the Roy demonstration didn't happen due to time constraints, would it be possible to move that to UMSmash's secondary stream since its just friendlies right now?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Teleport literally looks like a better version of MK's dimensional cape in every respect. Better distance, no lag between animation end and using an attack, (presumably) little to no landlag anyway. Feels kinda unfair.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Don't compare moves on an individual basis on different characters lol. MK has enough going for him that DC is okay being worse of vs teleport.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Teleport literally looks like a better version of MK's dimensional cape in every respect. Better distance, no lag between animation end and using an attack, (presumably) little to no landlag anyway. Feels kinda unfair.
good, **** that guy and his stupid cape

(Seriously though I think it will be okay. Wait til we actually see Mewtwo and then we can talk about balancing him)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
looks like mewtwo is a clone of peach​
Just way cooler. :mewtwomelee:

Also, sharing a float makes him a clone (inb4 he is a clone of :151:) just like Charizard is a clone of MK because they share a glide. Dat logic.

Shell revealed he's using Lucario as a base with Peach's float cancel as a bonus move.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I love you all so much!!!!!! I have my main back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Did anyone notice how his eyes glow when he throws somebody? So freaking cool!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i got absolutely destroyed today lol hope people enjoyed the stream n mewtwo

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just made the M2 forum, go post stuff.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I did not plan on playing Mewtwo... But those buffs you gave him are sweet. I'll make sure to at least try him.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the only thing that bothers me is that everyone and their grandma is gonna be maining mewtwo (or roy)
hopefully PMBR will have a unique character or two for the final release that will help disperse everyone jumping on the "lets all main *the not in brawl characters*" bandwagon

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I like how his new moves are logical extensions of his powers and style, just like Roy in that regard.

When do we get a proper render of Mewtwo?

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Hey, what does the announcer sound like for Roy and Mewtwo?

Also, when are we gonna get a sexy render of Mewtwo in his full glory?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah, characters who have "gimmicks" integral to their playstyle are not gonna be as popular generally because they require a lot more work to get good with compared to buffed Melee vets and easier characters to get into.

Mewtwo will probably resemble Lucario in that regard.

Moleman, the Brawl announcer said their names per fan request. The audio clips exist already.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm honestly banking on M2K, melee mewtwo mains, mayyyybe taj being the few ones that actually develop any hard metagame w/r/t mewtwo

that movement stuff probably looks scary as hell to a new player, I doubt people will be maining him

TreK

Is "that guy"
That glide gimmick looks hard, but remember that there is button mapping in PM. You can just map jump to L or R, whichever one you don't use.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he looks like mastering his movement will be kind of tough if someone doesn't put real effort into him. Even in the trailer, you could see small things like hovering to get an extra hit on DK at 48 seconds that would be maybe tough to consistently pull off. Not that I have any problem with that. I love mastering tech stuff with characters. There were a lot of edge cancels in the trailer too.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm guessing that PMBR promo videos are usually TASed (the turbo tuesday videos most definitely are, I mean, look at Turbo Falcon xDD). PM M2 mains will eventually catch up to this kind of actions in time.

Top Bottom