• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Once you get the timing of the waves right, Tabuu should never hit you again. The tether and the brackets are fairly easy to dodge by simply jumping around. However, as his health gets lower, those damned teleports with the explosions are extremely hard to dodge. I haven't played Boss Battles in a long time, but I think that they may OHKO you at any percent on intense, like all his other moves.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Once you get the timing of the waves right, Tabuu should never hit you again. The tether and the brackets are fairly easy to dodge by simply jumping around. However, as his health gets lower, those damned teleports with the explosions are extremely hard to dodge. I haven't played Boss Battles in a long time, but I think that they may OHKO you at any percent on intense, like all his other moves.
They can, but don't always. They're like the only thing that doesn't. But they will KO you at like 20-40 if I remember correctly.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Testing Smash 4 background now.
I've been meaning to get Premium for a while now, but the post backgrounds is too strong.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
That Deathbattle was bs, Luigi was underpowered considerably (no fireballs?) compared to Tails' noncanon gadgets. Somehow Tails can better control the Negative Zone than even Luigi!

They might as well have given Tails the chaos emeralds with the random garbage he was throwing out from the pocket universe off screen.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
That Deathbattle was bs, Luigi was underpowered considerably (no fireballs or Luigi's Missle?) compared to Tails' noncanon gadgets.

They might as well have given Tails the chaos emeralds with the random garbage he was throwing out from the pocket universe.
Fireballs and the Emeralds were used in the Sonic vs Mario Death Battle, and they said they wouldn't use things from that. Also don't be salty. Death Battle has always been BS.
Either way, Tails can't use the Chaos Emeralds.
He uses the Super Emeralds, which are way more OP.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Fireballs and the Emeralds were used in the Sonic vs Mario Death Battle, and they said they wouldn't use things from that. Also don't be salty. Death Battle has always been BS.
Either way, Tails can't use the Chaos Emeralds.
He uses the Super Emeralds, which are way more OP.
They said they'd use all the characters' inherent abilities, though. Luigi can do fireballs without a Fire Flower in Smash (which they clearly used since Negative Zone.)

And the way Negative Zone literally didn't affect Tails at all was kinda BS. But then, it's Death Battle. 75% of it or more is BS.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I guess I'm saying Luigi over-relied on a damn vacuum cleaner when he had many more unique canon options while Tails was given unlimited options in comparison and somehow caused the Negative Zone to backfire for no reason.

Super Mario 64 DS cloaking cap would have been insanely useful here if you want to get game specific.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I gave up on death battle a long time ago.

The only thing I go there for nowadays is because they have good music choices that I usually like to swoop in on.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
That Deathbattle was bs, Luigi was underpowered considerably (no fireballs?) compared to Tails' noncanon gadgets. Somehow Tails can better control the Negative Zone than even Luigi!

They might as well have given Tails the chaos emeralds with the random garbage he was throwing out from the pocket universe off screen.
Yea while I was rooting for both sides equally, I think this one was pretty B.s. The Negative Zone did literally nothing to Tails, and Luigi relied too heavily on the poltergeist 3000. And now BOTH brothers lost their fights lol. But then again, every death battle has been very questionable ( Link vs cloud......)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

They said they'd use all the characters' inherent abilities, though. Luigi can do fireballs without a Fire Flower in Smash (which they clearly used since Negative Zone.)

And the way Negative Zone literally didn't affect Tails at all was kinda BS. But then, it's Death Battle. 75% of it or more is BS.
Oh wow that's crazy but death battle has BS all over it at times some of them are very legit, some are WTF and others are salt inducing it blows up everywhere in gaming and comic media and such like this infamous fight from death battle.

The salty tears from fanboys that day were heard all over the world in perfect unison that you can use to fill water bottles and mix up with alcohol for days.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Oh wow that's crazy but death battle has BS all over it at times some of them are very legit, some are WTF and others are salt inducing it blows up everywhere in gaming and comic media and such like this infamous fight from death battle.

The salty tears from fanboys that day were heard all over the world in perfect unison that you can use to fill water bottles and mix up with alcohol for days.
LOL I still remember the comments when this video was posted. It was such a flame war lololol (it still is).

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
My salt meter was insane that day.

It's still going on because now I have to sit here and listen to people tell me how "accurate" this death battle was.

Newton's third law.
Apply it to goku and the 16 bomb.
16 bomb can blow up a planet and kill goku
THEREFORE GOKU'S MAX OUTPUT IS ONLY THAT OF BLOWING UP A PLANET.

Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta could blow up the earth right as soon as he got there in the first season?
Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta got schooled by zarbon after getting a power bonus from losing in the first season either?
Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta got schooled by the ginyu force after getting a power bonus from losing to zarbon?
Does no one remember the fact that Goku was schooling the entire ginyu force after training in space?

This goes on for the whole show and by the end of dragon ball z, Goku's power was far beyond what it was when he fought vegeta.

That whole third law does not apply to dragon ball z. If it did, then everyone's maximum output would only be enough to blow up a planet.

Shin F.

Smash Master
My salt meter was insane that day.

It's still going on because now I have to sit here and listen to people tell me how "accurate" this death battle was.

Newton's third law.
Apply it to goku and the 16 bomb.
16 bomb can blow up a planet and kill goku
THEREFORE GOKU'S MAX OUTPUT IS ONLY THAT OF BLOWING UP A PLANET.

Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta could blow up the earth right as soon as he got there in the first season?
Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta got schooled by zarbon after getting a power bonus from losing in the first season either?
Does no one remember the fact that Vegeta got schooled by the ginyu force after getting a power bonus from losing to zarbon?
Does no one remember the fact that Goku was schooling the entire ginyu force after training in space?

This goes on for the whole show and by the end of dragon ball z, Goku's power was far beyond what it was when he fought vegeta.

That whole third law does not apply to dragon ball z. If it did, then everyone's maximum output would only be enough to blow up a planet.
I find it hilarious that they tried to apply Newton's Third Law of PHYSICS to something that they themselves declared early on to be metaphysical. The fights are entertaining, no doubt, but many of them are inaccurate as ****.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That's beautiful..

For a second I thought that we'd be able to use them in posts too. Knowing what you have done, that will most likely happen by the time I have finished typing this post.
We'll use the stock icons for smileys once they're around

Shin F.

Smash Master
Ok that was a very bs fight. I always forget about it because it was.... so stupid.
I liked Spiderman vs Batman (it was one of the legit fights)
It was one of the few. Almost every single one outside that has some form of BS in it though. Even the ones I agree with the results of (Link vs Cloud) have massive amounts of BS in them.

Vegeta vs Shadow even had the Super Saiyan multiplier wrong. They said it gives him a 500 x increase, but it's actually a 5000 x increase.

Justin Bieber VS Rebecca Black was super legit, though.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
It was one of the few. Almost every single one outside that has some form of BS in it though. Even the ones I agree with the results of (Link vs Cloud) have massive amounts of BS in them.

Vegeta vs Shadow even had the Super Saiyan multiplier wrong. They said it gives him a 500 x increase, but it's actually a 5000 x increase.

Justin Bieber VS Rebecca Black was super legit, though.
Yea almost every fight is filled with bs sadly. Although I really enjoy the fights that are legit (the few that are)
Am I the only one that found the Spawn vs Kratos death battle kind of fair in some way?
Spawn vs Kratos was legit tho. So count that as 2 peeps.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yea almost every fight is filled with bs sadly. Although I really enjoy the fights that are legit (the few that are)

Spawn vs Kratos was legit tho. So count that as 2 peeps.
And it was like that from the very first episode. I mean, they reduced Samus to her weakest beam in the entire series at the beginning (which is used for all of 5 minutes at best in the game before it's upgraded) just to try to make the fight seem fair. Everyone knows Samus would've blown Boba Fett's face off from the get-go.

Your Grell avatar and sig are awesome by the way.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
And it was like that from the very first episode. I mean, they reduced Samus to her weakest beam in the entire series at the beginning (which is used for all of 5 minutes at best in the game before it's upgraded) just to try to make the fight seem fair. Everyone knows Samus would've blown Boba Fett's face off from the get-go.

Your Grell avatar and sig are awesome by the way.
Holy hell I hated boba fett vs samus. Like you just said, everyone knows she would've won the match the moment it started ( they reduced the living hell outta her arsenal). Oh and thanks lol ( I love grell so much <3333).
A Kirby defeating a Marth in Melee? What is this sorcery?
O.o people actually play kirby. :surprised:

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The power of low tiers prevails sometimes lol. Also what about the Vegeta versus Shadow fight in Death Battle, was that fair for some people?

Shin F.

Smash Master
The power of low tiers prevails sometimes lol. Also what about the Vegeta versus Shadow fight in Death Battle, was that fair for some people?
I agree with the result 100%, but as I pointed out, they still got at least some things wrong. They said Super Saiyan gave Vegeta a 500% increase (which would be x5), where it really gives him a 5000% increase (x 50, which is what SS gives).

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
1000% Agreed with the outcome. Shadow's defeat was because of how fast he losses his super form, it runs out faster then dollar store batteries, where as super sayian can last for an extensive amount of time. Without it there was no chance in hell he could be Vegeta. Oh and what shin said also.

Top Bottom