• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I want a VN where you have to court the melee gods to get them to team with you so you can win a tourney
Then you release Leffen/Plup/Westballz DLC

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
You should have seen some of Zero's later sets vs IC players in Brawl. Would make that set look mild on Play 2 Win.

Surprised no one linked M2K vs Meep or some of the sets he used Scrooging (before we put that rule in, top kek).

OR RICH BROWN VS WILL (Watch past 1:30 to see what I mean) (DKWill is his tag now IIRC)
I got to watch the entire thing Live when it happened, Infamous
Absolute scroogery.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

good afternoon, thread

Huh
Would you look at that
trash? trash?

#bringingbackargumentsfrommonthsago
I completely forget this argument, did I think fox killed them or not because if the latter I was a big dingus

honestly, now I'm thinking abt the melee tier list again. why is samus not higher than falcon and ICs, when falcon and ICs have a lot of top tier problems and samus properly goes 50:50 against the best/most common character in the game? and if you look at the top 100 players, samus is more consistent among those rankings than other top tiers because being able to handle fox is a huge deal. rabble rabble, I got opinions

Bazkip

Smash Master
I completely forget this argument, did I think fox killed them or not because if the latter I was a big dingus
We were arguing about who beats them harder. My argument was that Fox has a far easier time splitting them up, and yours was that ICs have an actual punish game on Fox outside of just wobbling, and also can edgeguard him. I don't think you ever said that Fox couldn't kill them though.

But yeah

I win :p

Bleck

Smash Master
"after hours of playing we've determined that fox is the best" ~ the best melee player in the world

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I haven't been here for a little bit. What's going on right now? o~o

Finished 100%ing Kirby: Planet Robobot two days ago in the early morning. Finally beat the True Arena after about 8 tries in a row only to find out that I actually needed to go get all of the damn stickers. Luckily, it wasn't that hard to grind for them all quickly and I already had 130 out of 200 as it was, so I had all the normal ones within about 30 or 40 minutes before going after the "rare" ones and finishing everything up. Now that I have it unlocked, I gotta say, UFO is one weird ability. Neat, though. o^o

Welp, that's another game finished. Gotta go get Triple Deluxe at some point, but I think I'll hold out for Pokemon for right now.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
honestly, now I'm thinking abt the melee tier list again. why is samus not higher than falcon and ICs, when falcon and ICs have a lot of top tier problems and samus properly goes 50:50 against the best/most common character in the game? and if you look at the top 100 players, samus is more consistent among those rankings than other top tiers because being able to handle fox is a huge deal. rabble rabble, I got opinions
People are stupid about creating tier-lists. We should make a MU chart based on the top whatever percent of each character main's results in real matches, then make a speculative theory based MU chart. Then weighting data for how often characters get played in tournament top 32, we make a tier list using the objective MU data. Then you have a meta accurate tier-list. You can use the theory MU data and ignore the amount each each character gets mained for a speculative tier list. Apply Nash equilibrium stuff and reassess for further speculation.
I think Marth is second best in the game over Falco.
Its splitting hairs. They are so close it is really a matter of your region's meta and your aptitude. Both get pretty disgusting punishes. Marth's speed and disjoint demand respect, but Falco having shine is a massive get out of jail free card. Lasers are more of a break even imo, without them he is just so slow and even then it isn't a end all be all in neutral.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bloodborne and Dark Soyls 3 are just soooo much fun. Much better then the disappointment I had with Dark Souls 2.

Though both games are making me feel like a fraud rn. Restarted Bloosborne for the third time last night (first time I didn't like the weapon I picked, Saw Edge, second time I was doing awesome and loved the Hunter's Axe and got to the Cleric Beast and defeated it on my first. But then I get to a smallish area but at the time I was getting distracted by my dad bugging me about something and saw something move slightly and so I press R1 and it turns out to be an npc and I aggro'd her and she kept kicking my ass so I went nope not gonna bother and restarted. Now I fewl like a fraud cause it took me 3 tries at to kill the Cleric Beast. And Father Gasoline is kicking my ass now, doesn't help that on the second attempt I just needed one more ****ing hit to kill him.

Dark Souls 3 I started out fine, had to take the turtorial boss 4 times before I defeated it. **** delayed hitboxes, they will always be my bane it seems like. And then Highwall kinda kicked my ass a bit untill I started getting use to changes and new things the game did. But I did take Vordt out on my second try, only reason I lost the first one was because I wasn't prepared for him to charge like a maniac rofl. And then I was doing ok in the Undead Settlement until I got to the boss of the area. Don't know why but this boss kicked my ass over and over and I kept getting more and more pissed at myself cause as I kept fighting him I realized how piss easy the fight should be but kept on losing anyway. Feelsbadman. Eventually gottem though.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Hm, the s, w, 2, F2, F1, x and z keys stopped working on my laptop keyboard. Tried re-connecting it, to no avail.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Is it bad that I saw this and my first thought was that it was Strong Badam Strong Badam ? XD

On a completely unrelated note, what the actual hell is with these two new Pokemon Corocoro leaked out?

Especially the thing wearing a deformed Pikachu?

Man, Alola is getting weird.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
That be a pokemon that be covered by an imitation of 10+10 year old pikachu merch apparently

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776

Is it bad that I saw this and my first thought was that it was Strong Badam Strong Badam ? XD

On a completely unrelated note, what the actual hell is with these two new Pokemon Corocoro leaked out?

I actually kinda like the Bootleg-Pikachu looking thing. We've had quite a few pokemon that disguise themselves as other things....pokeballs, washing machines.....washing machines. I digs it.
...it's better than sentient trash bags.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

The deformed Pikachu looks ****ing dope I dunno what you're talking about.

Mimicu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is.
This guy is definitely going on my team. Freaking ghost/fairy too.

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah Mimmikyu is adorable, idk what you're talking about.

"Mimikkyu modeled itself after Pikachu goods that were all the rage 20 years ago, to try to make human friends" so cute ahhhhh.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Holy **** that Pokemon can be interpreted in a super artsy way. Initially I thought it was an artist in an office somewhere designing the equivalent of a fortune cookie that says "help I'm trapped in a cookie factory". It puts into perspective all the Pikachuish attempted mascots in each gen, the emolgas and minuns, and it is a Pokemon that is outright merch from the start. It is so obvious now: PoMo Pocket Monsters. Make Pokemon for all the classic character tropes. Make a Pokemon that are deconstructions and subversion of other Pokemon. The legendaries could be classic story elements: a protagonist, a big bad, a macguffin, an inciting event, everything in the hero's journey, then to top it off one legendary puts it all in perspective for the player, breaking the 4th wall. Maybe this was planned all along. Garbador and Vanillite were the Dada Pokemon, us disgusting consumers didn't deserve beautiful designs, we would play anyway.

So I watched Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, and it just gets so much. Taking full advantage of how video has changed as a medium by cramming details everywhere, in turn making endless speculation on meaning possible, when really the creators probably never put effort into fleshing out all the ideas except the major arch. Capturing perfectly what you love and hate about childhood ect. Just amazing quality all around. Even visually it is a treat. So much creative integrity too: this is somthing they could have pitched to adult swim and made money on for at least a year. Bleck Bleck please ruin this for me, I like it too much.

WHAT IF THE LEGENDARY WAS A FOUND MANUSCRIPT, AND IF YOU EVOLVED IT, IT PULLED A DON QUIXOTE OR MONTY PYTHON & JUST ENDED, THEN IT SITS THERE, HALF EVOLVED.

At least give me a ground/flying giant windmill.
Which reminded me that these sound too similar for it to be a matter of sheer coincidence. Intentional, or magical memery? (Questioning my metaphysics now. Initially thinking that everything has a cause could be wrong. Might not be so b/c quantum stuffs, but arising from the same system is kinda relation. [figured it out, it's both for all but the tiniest occurences] )
Not going to @ him, but warchamp why on the left is this button --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\ be? As The Donald would say: "We have a problem. Sad!" People come to me and thank me. (doing you a great service guys)
Is this song all irony, or are the Kinks empathetic to the nobleman?

My poor comment was so concise. Now look what my SoC has gone and done! Only the bravest (bored) of souls can (reluctantly) brave (skim) it.

Need to watch Coraline. Apparently is good.
Some website says U2's "Staring at the sun" is really similar to "Feel Good Inc."? Such a reach when there was something much closer.
Kinks - Lola made me think of
Savage Garden - I Want you
Just because soda.

SO in pokemon go: teams
-team wingit
-team stoicanimeedgelords
-team foolthatyouareyoutrustthechemicalsinyourbraintotellyouthattheyarechemicals
easy to guess which I picked so why even say

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The deformed Pikachu looks ****ing dope I dunno what you're talking about.
Yeah Mimmikyu is adorable, idk what you're talking about.

"Mimikkyu modeled itself after Pikachu goods that were all the rage 20 years ago, to try to make human friends" so cute ahhhhh.
Mimmikyu is ****ing cute holy ****
...You people are ****ing weird. XD

Holy **** that Pokemon can be interpreted in a super artsy way. Initially I thought it was an artist in an office somewhere designing the equivalent of a fortune cookie that says "help I'm trapped in a cookie factory". It puts into perspective all the Pikachuish attempted mascots in each gen, the emolgas and minuns, and it is a Pokemon that is outright merch from the start. It is so obvious now: PoMo Pocket Monsters. Make Pokemon for all the classic character tropes. Make a Pokemon that are deconstructions and subversion of other Pokemon. The legendaries could be classic story elements: a protagonist, a big bad, a macguffin, an inciting event, everything in the hero's journey, then to top it off one legendary puts it all in perspective for the player, breaking the 4th wall. Maybe this was planned all along. Garbador and Vanillite were the Dada Pokemon, us disgusting consumers didn't deserve beautiful designs, we would play anyway.

So I watched Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, and it just gets so much. Taking full advantage of how video has changed as a medium by cramming details everywhere, in turn making endless speculation on meaning possible, when really the creators probably never put effort into fleshing out all the ideas except the major arch. Capturing perfectly what you love and hate about childhood ect. Just amazing quality all around. Even visually it is a treat. So much creative integrity too: this is somthing they could have pitched to adult swim and made money on for at least a year. Bleck Bleck please ruin this for me, I like it too much.

WHAT IF THE LEGENDARY WAS A FOUND MANUSCRIPT, AND IF YOU EVOLVED IT, IT PULLED A DON QUIXOTE OR MONTY PYTHON & JUST ENDED, THEN IT SITS THERE, HALF EVOLVED.

At least give me a ground/flying giant windmill.
I--Uh, well...hmm...

I think I need to go lay down and think for awhile after reading this post.

I have no clue what anyone is saying today... D:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I--Uh, well...hmm...

I think I need to go lay down and think for awhile after reading this post.

I have no clue what anyone is saying today... D:
Do you think a single post can take up an entire page? I really want to find out with the one before yours.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I went to my comic book store's smash training. I unrusted my Ganon and garnered the amazement of all watching. Then some jabronerd told me I should play Melee. I then ranted how much I hated Melee...I can't wait to go back next week.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lizalfos Lizalfos Smashboards should limit a post to a certain amount of text / space. At least in the past for guides and other extremely lengthy posts (like Matchup compendiums / writeups all in OP), you would often have to reserve posts ahead of time because everything would not be allowed to fit in 1 post.

I came across that in Brawl when I wrote an in-depth guide to Planking. Barely mentioned the analysis of like, 3 characters, and Smashboards let me know I had exceeded their limit for 1 post. Still doesn't change how many posts are displayed on 1 page iirc, but that + sigs will take forever to scroll thru if each post were that long

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Do you think a single post can take up an entire page? I really want to find out with the one before yours.
-shrugs- I think I might've seen it happen before. If you're gonna give it a go, I hope you have a LOT to yammer on about.

In the mean time, "Watch Japanese children have more fun than you!" as Gematsu says as their glorious tagline for this new Sun & Moon trailer. XD

Lizalfos

Smash Master
In the mean time, "Watch Japanese children have more fun than you!" as Gematsu says as their glorious tagline for this new Sun & Moon trailer. XD
I learned: EVERYTHING is better with Jojo posing, and life is only fun because it is interspersed with Pokemon. Go makes point 2 true.
e: in my mind Japanese registered as Chinese. wops

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What's it like having **** taste
I never stated my taste, so that can't be determined. Merely my confusion as to what the heck it was supposed to be. XD

I think Mimikkyu is neat and cool. Just not..."cute". Not something I wanna run into in the middle of the forest at night. Needless to say, whenever I catch one of those things, it's getting boxed. ¦D;

Unless it evolves into something with Braixen levels of cuteness. Then it's a permanent mainstay. ¦(

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I never stated my taste, so that can't be determined. Merely my confusion as to what the heck it was supposed to be. XD

I think Mimikkyu is neat and cool. Just not..."cute". Not something I wanna run into in the middle of the forest at night. Needless to say, whenever I catch one of those things, it's getting boxed. ¦D;

Unless it evolves into something with Braixen levels of cuteness. Then it's a permanent mainstay. ¦(
Mimicyu is the best

I hope it replaces pikachu as the main mascot in popularity cause that would be amazing

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mimicyu is the best

I hope it replaces pikachu as the main mascot in popularity cause that would be amazing
Greninja already did that as far as Japan and XY&Z are concerned.

Besides, any Pokemon that actually succeeded in doing that would just take Pikachu's place in being hated for being liked if they aren't already. Especially in this day and age. Nothing is solved. Wishing for it is dumb and pointless.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
mimmikkyu is great, the box was good but this is the first new gen design that actually wowed me because its concept is so neat and the reasoning for it is super charming

bonus points if its eyes are animated to be all spindly

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
mimmickyu is great, the box was good but this is the first new gen design that actually wowed me because its concept is so neat and the reasoning for it is super charming

bonus points if its eyes are animated to be all spindly
Probably not since the actual eyes are the dots on the stomach.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Its splitting hairs. They are so close it is really a matter of your region's meta and your aptitude. Both get pretty disgusting punishes. Marth's speed and disjoint demand respect, but Falco having shine is a massive get out of jail free card. Lasers are more of a break even imo, without them he is just so slow and even then it isn't a end all be all in neutral.
Maybe.

Blame Mango for making me second guess myself, because although I saw him practicing Falco again on his stream, it feels like that isn't the last we're going to see of his Marth, especially for the FD counterpick. Also, if PPMD was around we'd see even more top 4 Marth placements to make the argument much more challenging, especially since he also plays Falco.

Westballz afaik is the last hope for the bird alone.

@ Pokemon coversation: I get more and more hyped with each and every bit of details we get handed, but I'm wondering if this is going to very slightly backfire on release, like it did for me personally with X and Y. I mean, it was still worth it because the experience was phenomenal with a bunch of college friends playing the game simultaneously, but it definitely felt much more overhyped.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Maybe.

Blame Mango for making me second guess myself, because although I saw him practicing Falco again on his stream, it feels like that isn't the last we're going to see of his Marth, especially for the FD counterpick. Also, if PPMD was around we'd see even more top 4 Marth placements to make the argument much more challenging, especially since he also plays Falco.

Westballz afaik is the last hope for the bird alone.

@ Pokemon coversation: I get more and more hyped with each and every bit of details we get handed, but I'm wondering if this is going to very slightly backfire on release, like it did for me personally with X and Y. I mean, it was still worth it because the experience was phenomenal with a bunch of college friends playing the game simultaneously, but it definitely felt much more overhyped.
Unfortunately Westbusterz squanders all his potential by failing to finish stocks, and generally cracking under pressure. Plus, while I think the optimal Falco has moved past Dr. PP laming, there is still a place for laser, jab, shinegrab, and a billion f-tilts, specifically when playing from behind. Becacuse Fox and Falco are both 50:50 against space animals and probably each other , we should ask who has better MU against the only other relevant characters: Puff and Shrek. Those MUs are very intricate, and few people seem to be pushing them right now.

If the Mimic pkmn attained mascot level popularity it would be so meta, my mind would be so blown. The year is 2017, we have mastered information, but have yet to evolve our world the way past invasions have. Everything is so derivative and ironic that the mascots are now satirical rips of the old mascots: admissions of creative bankruptcy, and the public's indifference to new ideas. Trump is president, few incumbents managed to get reelected, and President Trump makes the US into an isolationist unregulated nation (locking in it's fall from the world stage), it is a objective utopia. The EU only contains few members now, and comprises a international melting pot following numerous refugee crisis. Russia and China form the AU, and they have a complete sphere of influence over the middle east where only a handful of American puppets remain. ISIS is "defeated", but their ideas still deeply influence Sunnis, leading to harsh conflict when Iran becomes the definitive regional power following US isolationism. Iran as the major nuclear power of the region maintains autonomy, it tempers and becomes more diplomatic after attaining proper nukes, but little means to transport their payload. Iran gains further power by slyly only cooperating with the AU. Israel essentially dissolves, creating yet another huge refugee crisis. South Korea also cracks under the pressure of an expansionist China, which now has a strong middle class yet isn't democratic. North Korean sovereignty is now completely de facto.

Post Trump (0-20 P.T.):The autonomous car is a short lived innovation, everyone is either unemployed or working from home. America's isolationism creates economic stagnation, but remains secure: no nuclear powers ever war anymore, but instead rush to grab up all the non nuclear nations cold war style.

The UN is absolutely useless because all permanent members with veto are uncooperative. It remains as a formality.

Companies like SpaceX colonize the moon, then mars colonies and shuttles. People can finance their trips by working on various infrastructure setup projects with the company, structured as charters individually financed by the ultra-wealthy coasting on success from harbingers of the singularity.

The first country to attain true quantum computing will be momentarily all powerful. Dropping the bomb in Japan like even could occur through cropping a nation technologically, then bombing it. Other nations will become quantum and then technological security will be reestablished, but not for private citizens for many years.
Language is well understood to be a construct, the number of share words increases due to deep-learning AI making foreign media accessible (computers can explain cultural context and words with no direct translation through visual representation and historical footnotes), but language over time becomes more terse and contextual, writing and planning for the future are obsolete because computers will model and constantly revise goals, and management will completely rely on these system, as no expertise can match them.

Individual rights lose all power for imposing on others, because avoiding conflict has become so simple.

Entertainment attempts to exhaust all remaining narrative and aesthetic possibilities, eventually having to make works progressively longer and larger to sustain more complexity (the only remaining originality): audiences are disillusioned because everything is similar to something else, and understanding the most complex narratives becomes a lifelong hobby for some, as summaries can no longer capture the deeply coupled gestalts that are the norm for modern media. As a counter movement, people invest in anti-entertainment which are centered on eye of the beholder experiences and finding narratives and themes that don't exist.

Religions split into fundamental and modernized branches. New religions crop up, but they are closer to organized dogmatic philosophies (think Greek stoics).

I'm bored now. Assuming singularity follows quantum computing because apparently evidence suggests quantum entanglement plays a role in biology. So surpassing a collective of human minds would probably require quantum computing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom