• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Got a WiiU + Smash + Splatoon bundle for Christmas, why is Splatoon's final boss so obscenely long? Smh.

everyone give me your 3ds fcs so we can hunt monsters together
Should be in the profile bar to the left, I'm a series veteran with multiple G Special save files if you ever need carrying past something.

3ds talk? How appropriate.

Just downloaded new pokemon mystery dungeon. I'm upset about how lame the choices are to start with (I don't want to play starter pokemon lmao, give me eevee or skitty or something cool) but I have high hopes for the game.
I guess there's Riolu or something lol, that's what I ended up with.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
does anyone know how to activate my windows 7 (i've been running the trial for awhile now) without spending $100 on a disk and without getting ripped off by a third party again?

Ideally if I could do it tonight. Finally gonna play some steam games thank to my steam controller.... but i'm tired of the activation notices ****ing up fullscreen games. I've dealt with it for PM netplay but it seems worse for other fullscreen stuff, sometimes giving several seconds of black before anything reappears

zman804

Smash Ace
I've finally followed my heart and just played the character I think is the coolest rather than playing the character I think will take the least time.

See my Ramlethal bruhs

Deotay

Smash Cadet
I've finally followed my heart and just played the character I think is the coolest rather than playing the character I think will take the least time.

See my Ramlethal bruhs
That's the only way you should pick out your main.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
never specified gender, conor mcgregor in a santa costume is now coming to your house to kick your head in
...That's some monkey paw shenanigans right there.

Lot of good classic issues depicted in there. I like it.>best Supes not being Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow!Supes
>
When I mean iteration, I meant alt earth/elsworlds Supermen (Red Son, Overman, Silver Age, etc). Now for stories, if you don't have For All Seasons somewhere in your top 10, you need to see me in the squared circle pal.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
standardtoaster standardtoaster Akumetsu, Appleseed, Armored Trooper Votoms, Berserk, Betterman/GaoGaiGar/The Brave series, Birdy the Mighty, Black Lagoon, Blame, Bokurano, Casshern/Casshern Sins, Chrono Crusade, Claymore, Cyborg 009, Dai-Guard, Darker than Black, Devilman/Violence Jack, Dorohedoro, Fate/zero, Fate stay/night, Fist of the Blue Sky, Fist of the North Star, The Five Star Stories, Franken Fran, Full Metal Panic, Giant Robo, Gigantor, God Eater, GunXSword, Gunbuster/Diebuster, Gundam 00, Hajime No Ippo, Heat Guy J, Jormungand, Kara no Kyoukai, Karas, Katanagatari, Knights of Sidonia, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Log Horizon, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Medaka Box, Monster, Mushishi, Outlaw Star, Overlord, Oyasumi Punpun, Parasyte, Perfect Blue, Psycho-Pass, Ratman, Record of Lodoss War, Red Line, Scrapped Princess, Senyuu, Slayers, Space Adventure Cobra, Space Dandy, Spice and Wolf, Stellvia of the Universe, Spice and Wolf, Texhnolyze, The Big O, The Vision of Escaflowne, Tiger & Bunny, Toriko, Trigun, Utawarerumono/Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen, Witch Craft Works, Vagabond, and Vampire Hunter D.
...Yes, some of those are primarily mangas, but they're entirely worth reading. Also, sorry about the wall of text, folks.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
does anyone know how to activate my windows 7 (i've been running the trial for awhile now) without spending $100 on a disk and without getting ripped off by a third party again?

Ideally if I could do it tonight. Finally gonna play some steam games thank to my steam controller.... but i'm tired of the activation notices ****ing up fullscreen games. I've dealt with it for PM netplay but it seems worse for other fullscreen stuff, sometimes giving several seconds of black before anything reappears
I've used this several times before and I've never gotten ripped off https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

I purchased my latest windows key from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsofts...ows_10_7_8_81_office_2016_2013_2010_pc_mac_w/

It's $20 for a W7 key, had no issues activating windows after I was sent a key and then you can obviously just do a free W10 upgrade if that's what you want to do. He also sent me my key after like 5 mins so I think he's generally pretty fast lol.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
after watching it i felt like sakuma, lol. been playing smash for 4+ years and ultra for over a year. pouring all i can into them and i still can't improve. maybe i just don't have the talent? :<

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
xmas presents: Got a **** ton of chocolate, a much needed mirror for my room and a bottle of wine, so I'm pretty happy. Also got this Pika hat which is wayy too small for me and got to spend my day with this cute little bunny kit. :3

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tfw trying to get a PC to boot and you end up juggling between three PCs burning disks and screws and cables end up strewn everywhere

Fuuuuu

EDIT: Also I've mentioned Ping Pong like a million times, it's amazing wtf

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I remember Ping Pong being mentioned a lot.

I have the idea/whatever that any normal/average person can become spectacular/amazing at anything. It's understanding and thinking.

What is genius? No, what does it mean to simply be smart? Does acing tests mean you're smart? Tests show what you have learned. Innate understanding is not shown.

blahblahmorestuff.

idk voicing out stuff is hard.

also I bet most people noped/skipped this post

CORY

wut
BRoomer

I have the idea/whatever that any normal/average person can become spectacular/amazing at anything. It's understanding and thinking.

What is genius? No, what does it mean to simply be smart? Does acing tests mean you're smart? Tests show what you have learned. Innate understanding is not shown.

blahblahmorestuff.

if they skipped the post they're hardcore plebs. you'd need a much larger wall to scare people off.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Any person can be really good but it doesn't take a genius to see that people reach their plateau at different skill levels and that plateau may be at a professionally-viable level for some particularly talented players.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that's not wrong, but that still ignores that the plateau, a majority of the time, is entirely mental, and while mental roadblocks are some of the toughest **** in the world to pass, there's very few truly unassailable mental blocks (and I doubt any of them are all that related to how good you can get at a game)

if your mindset has a skill ceiling, and you want more than that, get a new mindset

D

Deleted member

Having your birthday be two days after Christmas actually isn't exicting as it should be, oddly enough

(17 hype though???)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
that's not wrong, but that still ignores that the plateau, a majority of the time, is entirely mental, and while mental roadblocks are some of the toughest **** in the world to pass, there's very few truly unassailable mental blocks (and I doubt any of them are all that related to how good you can get at a game)

if your mindset has a skill ceiling, and you want more than that, get a new mindset

Basically this, the only true limitations we have are completely physical and even then those limits can be pushed and stretched.

Mental limits are always overcomable; the biggest question is how long it takes for you to get over them and that's never a clear answer.

You can plateau within a year of playing a game or on the 10th year. Doesnt really matter. A plateau doesnt mean "this is the extent of my abilities".

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Just keep moving forward in the proper ways and it's only a matter of time until you make it where you want to go.
/TTGL

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

blahblahmorestuff.

Is this a ****post?
Basically this, the only true limitations we have are completely physical and even then those limits can be pushed and stretched.

Mental limits are always overcomable; the biggest question is how long it takes for you to get over them and that's never a clear answer.

You can plateau within a year of playing a game or on the 10th year. Doesnt really matter. A plateau doesnt mean "this is the extent of my abilities".
But your mind is Physical. Like plate physically can't react that fast.

I'm pretty sure I just finished breaking bad.

But there is still one more season what.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
The only real limit you can reach while playing smash is reaction time (and then again it can be polished to some extent). The rest is just stamina, decision making and game knowledge which both come with experience.

So if you feel like you've reached your plateau most of the time it just means you've stopped accumulating exp and need to find new stuff to learn. If talent exists it just means some people are better at learning than others.

Also I'm flying to japan tomorrow, I'll send you guys photos of your waifus.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Breaking through mental barriers is much easier in sports and physical activities where you have to mentally force yourself go do it and push. How much you really want it is all that matters.

When it's a barrier in understanding, that's a plateau that's way harder to break. You could want the win 1000000x more than the person sitting next to you, but if your roadblock is in an understanding of the game no amount of determination at that moment can fix it. Lab time, serious practice, meditation and focus and perpetuation is what that needs. Way harder.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
turns out replacing your left control stick with a cstick makes everyone think you're crazy but also has the side benefit of being a lot more comfortable, less painful, and easier to use for longer, as well as enabling you to do things just a little faster

the only side effect that I've noticed so far is that wavescuttling is a different/harder, especially facing left because I have to reposition my thumb to a different spot to get the correct angle

SunJester

Smash Ace
When you're in a rut, and hitting a plateau, you force your way through it. When you've gotten through it you know you've hit the next level of your abilities, its an amazing feeling.

Top Bottom