• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
Just saw a SF3 TAS (I think) video of Makoto. I'm disappointed in myself as a Smash player for not thinking of these cancels/stuff.

aka I'm going to spam normals -> hayate cancels -> normals for the jankiest block pressure ever.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
This new pad is pretty good, definitely an upgrade over my DS4's dpad. Although the 6 button layout is messing me up hard lmao
reading all this ******** about sfv makes me realize how good the smash and anime scenes are in comparison
wait whats happening with sfv im out of the loop

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I had the first dream I can remember where I was somebody else, someone I didn't know. Some hot young school teacher was sitting on my lap relaxing and it was 1st person view until there was somehow a mirror in front of us and I was this blonde haired with beard model looking guy: that at some point spoke too with a different voice. The dream either ended or switched to something else relatively soon after this.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
spidermad dreamed he was me

also now I'm to the point where I can't watch anime without thinking of fighting game crossovers oops

--------

no but really has anyone else seen fantastic children

and if you have don't you think you could make a decent fighting game out of it

Last edited by a moderator:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
spidermad dreamed he was me

also now I'm to the point where I can't watch anime without thinking of fighting game crossovers oops

--------

no but really has anyone else seen fantastic children

and if you have don't you think you could make a decent fighting game out of it
J-stars

Fortress

Smash Master
My brother and I got the Qanba Q1 (~$70 for the stick) and we never had any issues. We only ended up replacing them when we bought RAP4 sticks when they were on sale.
My 360 Q1 just wore out really quickly (I don't mean anything by this, but when I grind I grind all day, I probably just wore mine down with how intensely I practiced). My second one just has a broken cable. The TE2 that I'm onto now is the best I've ever used. Weighty, too, I love it. Not as long as the Qanba Fusion though, the shape of which I love.

reading all this ******** about sfv makes me realize how good the smash and anime scenes are in comparison
Did I hit rock bottom so hard that I am in my opposite-world coma?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
"Street Fighter players are complaining about the new game being different, I'm glad the Smash community doesn't do anything of the sort" ~ a poster on the ****ing Project M forums

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
"Street Fighter players are complaining about the new game being different, I'm glad the Smash community doesn't do anything of the sort" ~ a poster on the ****ing Project M forums
that's not entirely what I said but yeah I kinda realized how dumb it was after I said it

it's more like the sf community going through the whole process of realizing a new game was "different" and then just being very vocal about it

which is something that probably happened with brawl but I wasn't around then

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
never changing my avatar

even if it permanently makes my posts sound a lot more smug than they usually are. it's just kind of a thing now, it'd feel wrong to change it

D

Deleted member

We currently live in a world where human beings will watch grown men thoroughly discuss the lore of Five Nights at Freddy's for over two hours.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I've watched a grown man thoroughly analyze the lore and game design of Dark Souls for over six hours. No ragrets.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I've watched a grown man thoroughly analyze the lore and game design of Dark Souls for over six hours. No ragrets.

I'm not the only one who listens to this guy's videos while trying to go to sleep, am I?

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
We currently live in a world where human beings will watch grown men thoroughly discuss the lore of Five Nights at Freddy's for over two hours.
I would have liked never being made aware of this tbh.

But Souls is actually good.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
tfw buying my ex waifu a present for christmas

shes so great, im getting her a sailor moon sweater :3c

SunJester

Smash Ace
I can't hate on Five Nights at Freddys. The guy put in an insane amount of work over the course of a year, pumping out 4 games (I've heard he mostly did it himself) and he struck while the iron is hot. Fads die, FNAF was a fad, I think he made the right decision.

Plus now he has more than enough money to sustain his family and help finance games he might want to make in the future.

Also, who really cares if someone likes that series? At least they're not selling drugs.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
tfw your avatar already has a canon santa hat

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>Bro comes back from Ohio
>Get a bunch of pals over
>Play Melee
>Find out bro is a Fox main
>MFW

It wasn't a good Fox mind you (still beat all of us cause we're all trash at Melee), but it's a clearly budding one. How do I stop it?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
>Bro comes back from Ohio
>Get a bunch of pals over
>Play Melee
>Find out bro is a Fox main
>MFW

It wasn't a good Fox mind you (still beat all of us cause we're all trash at Melee), but it's a clearly budding one. How do I stop it?
wobble him 4 times in one game

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

good morning thread, quick reminder that mouth silence is objectively the greatest album of all time

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I mean. well

alright yes unironically you're right, but kendrick lamar didn't mash up elton john and system of a down successfully okay

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
and then played a modification of a family party game designed for that competitive level for a far longer time than that

videogames

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
one punch man is now the third anime I've actually bothered sitting down and watching through to full (or at least, its current full-ness)

I am almost definitely certain that I miss a majority of the small references to other anime stuff (I know mumen rider's a pun to some motorcycle dudes in masks, at least), but from the sheer standpoint of a show built around how utterly boring being an overpowered god can be (and thus, the weird little quirks saitama keeps just to add even a bit of excitement to his existence) it was pretty damn great

also incredibly detailed fights, considering how the entire concept is built around how silly and meaningless they become

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funny way to spell To Pimp a Butterfly
funny thing

Kendrick Lamar and Death Grips were performing live on Forte Weekend, and their venues were relatively close

I got tickets for the concert, but I ended up just giving them away since I couldn't find any possible way to get out to the concert

I feel empty

Top Bottom