• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Lmao what happened I'm at work till 4 pm cst brah?
losers gets 7th, blaisegod vs random unknown dude in (I forgot his name already but it had the word "storm" in it) game 1 is gordeau vs rando playing nanase, nanase gets bopped. game 2 is gordeau dittos, rando takes it to round 3 and wins on a pixel health scramble. round three blaise wins handily during round 1, round 2 they're about even but blaise has a pad malfunction with 20 seconds left, round 3 the other gordeau gets a near-perfect and proceeds to do a k9-level run out of the room popoff while blaise just sits there chuckling

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wish ultra's ranked match search system was better at matching player skills/points. Last night, even though I had it set to find players of same skill, I ended up playing a Deejay with 2500+PP and 6400+BP and a Gouken with ~3000PP and 11000+BP. I got destroyed in both games, especially against the Deejay player but I could have at least won the first round against the Gouken player had I known I could do forward/backward jumps out of Makoto's ultra 2. For whatever reason I thought I could only do neutral jumps out of ultra 2. :(

Had I done forward jump into heavy axe kick, I would have won the first round.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well I finished Love Live!

Then I realized there was a second season

but it's toooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee

Uguuuuuu~

Second season you're mine... Once I finish my waifu help website for school ;-;...

Also why is Ericchi's name Eli some places? I assume weird translation stuff but mah.

@Kurr- (fuuuu-) can't tag

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well I finished Love Live!

Then I realized there was a second season

but it's toooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee

Uguuuuuu~

Second season you're mine... Once I finish my waifu help website for school ;-;...

Also why is Ericchi's name Eli some places? I assume weird translation stuff but mah.

@Kurr- (fuuuu-) can't tag
It's probably some translation stuff, the sub I watched used Eli.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish ultra's ranked match search system was better at matching player skills/points. Last night, even though I had it set to find players of same skill, I ended up playing a Deejay with 2500+PP and 6400+BP and a Gouken with ~3000PP and 11000+BP. I got destroyed in both games, especially against the Deejay player but I could have at least won the first round against the Gouken player had I known I could do forward/backward jumps out of Makoto's ultra 2. For whatever reason I thought I could only do neutral jumps out of ultra 2. :(

Had I done forward jump into heavy axe kick, I would have won the first round.
I think it's just bc online, but you jump wayyy too much lol. Should be using Makoto's dash more often. But jumps are a lot less punishable online bc of the lag.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
losers gets 7th, blaisegod vs random unknown dude in (I forgot his name already but it had the word "storm" in it) game 1 is gordeau vs rando playing nanase, nanase gets bopped. game 2 is gordeau dittos, rando takes it to round 3 and wins on a pixel health scramble. round three blaise wins handily during round 1, round 2 they're about even but blaise has a pad malfunction with 20 seconds left, round 3 the other gordeau gets a near-perfect and proceeds to do a k9-level run out of the room popoff while blaise just sits there chuckling
lmao It will be on R kappa soon. That's hilarious.

UNIEL is amazing in the fact that everyone in the game has the most ridiculous normals ever. Its so good.
Gotta love big ass normals.

edit; also shoutouts to Based Monster.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the ****? is that cr dragon kid, like, 10? is he even old enough to play this game? i'm pretty sure the esrb won't allow that...

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Something like that or 12/13. Sonic Fox was around 13 when he first started going to tournaments and blew nerds up back at that age and now he's 17/18 and he's a fiend at games.

Also OMFG that Tayna corner chip.

Player -0

Smash Hero
that face when your teachers are unleashing homework hell on you

so I decided to watch One Punch Man.

too hype for next week.

also I watched RWBY and plot intensifies but OPM faces.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
that face when your teachers are unleashing homework hell on you

so I decided to watch One Punch Man.

too hype for next week.

also I watched RWBY and plot intensifies but OPM faces.
How can people watch rwby, the animation looks like a 4th grade project

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
idk I used to watch it but now I only really care about the yuri ships fanart people make because it's pretty cool.

Player -0

Smash Hero
The animation has gotten better. Season 1 was reallyyy bad. I would've preferred if it were a traditional anime/whatev style as the program they use makes it look really awkward from some angles/in general. The voice acting leans on the bad side. I wouldn't say it's targeted to a mature audience (you could say that for most anime shrug).

All that being said, it's interesting enough story wise and fight scene wise for me to keep watching. Also I like the music.

The fight scenes have gone down in quality since Monty passed which kinda sucks. Hoping it'll get better.

Edit - Also it made this a thing so yay.
upload_2015-12-13_21-28-53.png

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
RWBY has great fight scenes, but I could never get all the way through season 1 because everything other than the fight scenes was pretty boring and felt uninspired. Just dropped it and never got back to watching it again.

A new Independence Day movie Whaaaaaattttt?

Featuring Jeff Goldblum still playing Jeff Goldblum

Player -0

Smash Hero
I mean it's not the most story driven show.

If the black figures plagued season 2 I probably would've abandoned ship.

but even then

Edit - Also if you read these it makes it all 50% better.

Okay I think I'm done.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
>downloaded xrd
>proceed to play
>30 fps
>try all I can to speed it up which involves running it on a 600x400 window and stopping everything else that's running on my computer
>56 fps

wtf my cpu is only like 18% occupied and I have 3 gigs of ram free WHY CAN'T I SET YOU TO RUN AT A HIGHER FPS WHY CAN'T I UPSCALE A SMALLER WINDOW TO FULLSCREEN

this is what I get for buying a semi-budget laptop (it has an i5 and more than enough memory but damn this is not working)

guess it's time to go back to playing melty blood lmao thank you 2003-vintage graphics

also I dunno why skullgirls and kofxiii run fine but xrd doesn't want to

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>downloaded xrd
>proceed to play
>30 fps
>try all I can to speed it up which involves running it on a 600x400 window and stopping everything else that's running on my computer
>56 fps

wtf my cpu is only like 18% occupied and I have 3 gigs of ram free WHY CAN'T I SET YOU TO RUN AT A HIGHER FPS WHY CAN'T I UPSCALE A SMALLER WINDOW TO FULLSCREEN

this is what I get for buying a semi-budget laptop (it has an i5 and more than enough memory but damn this is not working)

guess it's time to go back to playing melty blood lmao thank you 2003-vintage graphics

also I dunno why skullgirls and kofxiii run fine but xrd doesn't want to
Graphics Card

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Can you allocate more CPU in task manager or will your computer explode?

*has no idea what talking about*
a. that's not nearly as easy to do with windows 8 as it was in vista/7/xp
b. unlike dolphin, I can't set it to run at a higher fps, so it'll try to run it at 60 fps, get ornery, then run it slower and I can't change it to run at 70 (like I do on dolphin) so it ends up running at 60
c. it's probably a graphics card issue not a cpu issue
Graphics Card
yeah that was what I was hoping wasn't the issue because thanks to budget laptop I'm pretty sure I have a soldered-in card

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah fps issues in games that were released within the last decade are 99% caused by a bad GPU

Top Bottom