• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Direct graphical comparison between TP and TPHD

Dat blurry sepia tho

imo not worth a buy tbh

I've got a GCN + TP + an Action Replay. Why get TPHD when it doesn't even have updated models, all jagged and stuff?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
When they showed TPHD I kept asking myself "so when are they going to show off how the new one looks?".

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
More anime swordsmen goddamnit

Also in terms of "anime style" characters, we have the Kid Icarus series, the Fire Emblem series, Shulk, and Cloud.

That's 10.
I don't get this complaint at all.

God forbid a company based in Japan make a game which includes characters primarily from their own first-party games and have less than a QUARTER of the roster be in the dominant and distinctive animation style of their country.

Yeah, what the **** Nintendo, who the **** do you think you are? This is AMERICA you use OUR STYLES for YOUR game or else

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
I watch DB Super for whoever asked that. Pretty good so far, really liking how it's been more akin to the original Dragon ball instead of Z

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't get this complaint at all.

God forbid a company based in Japan make a game which includes characters primarily from their own first-party games and have less than a QUARTER of the roster be in the dominant and distinctive animation style of their country.

Yeah, what the **** Nintendo, who the **** do you think you are? This is AMERICA you use OUR STYLES for YOUR game or else
Because all japanese culture is anime amirite

CORY

wut
BRoomer
not just anime, it's all my favorite anime.

and since my favorite anime is bad, all of japanese culture is bad.

: (

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Because all japanese culture is anime amirite
the dominant and distinctive animation style of their country.
Not what I said.

Anime is a popular art style in Japan. My point is that it seems silly to complain that it exists in a Japanese game, especially when it comprises less than 20% of the cast.

like I said before, I'll remain using Smash 4 as a coaster
I like this announcement because it means one of my friends is now thinking of buying my copy.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I figured it'd be fine if I put words into your mouth since you already did with Sol0ke.

The problem isn't that it's anime, it's that it's another anime bishounen with a sword. When 20% of the cast is made up of something so specific I think things start getting a bit weird. I'm not complaining though, I honestly couldn't care less. Sm4sh has such an absurd amount of characters I won't be surprised when they add Naruto and Goku(Which is fine because they're a big part of the anime culture right?).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Everything animated from japan is anime. :V

Who cares?

Besides, it's like what shairn said. The complaint is over the abundance of a fairly specific archtype in a game that is supposed to be a culmination of diverse characters and movesets.

Though you could counter with that fact that the roster instead compromises characters that are iconic of their respective series and companies, of which a good portion happen to be bishonen swordsmen. And as such, complaining about that is..uhh...idk. Someone help me out here?

I watch DB Super for whoever asked that. Pretty good so far, really liking how it's been more akin to the original Dragon ball instead of Z
Yessssssssssssssssss.

Dragon Ball is bae. And I'm so happy that Super is taking after DB instead of DBZ.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
And as such, complaining about that is..uhh...idk. Someone help me out here?
It's absolutely freaking pointless and many of these idiots are gonna play him with unabashed glee when he comes out. THAT is what complaining about it is.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Every fg is anime. Expect for KI
...MK isnt anime tho.

you guys are ****in dumb

watch my vid you nerds
why would anyone watch anything you made.

in other news, i finally decided to turn on my PMDT ribbon.

GROVEL BEFORE ME PEASANTS.

EDIT: oh damn meiling nice taste in music.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Next thing you know you'll be telling me that Cory in the House isnt anime.
Of course it isn't. That's some western garbage pandering to weebs.

That's So Raven: Legend of the Psychics of the Chill Grill is both an actual anime and far superior.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Cloud storms into battle! Now available as a smiley, choice of main and Premium post background.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I wasn't completely serious lol

Except the swordsmen part that is a lot of swordsmen and I'm not sure I'm feeling so much third party as well

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Twilight Princess SD looks so awful even by Gamecube standards I think the HD upgrade is worth it, in addition to presumably having Hero Mode so the game isn't ridiculously easy. Plus, dat Midna Amiibo.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
If you gonna make this many swordsmen at least make one of them good.

Also Cloud looks so goddamn emo, I never realized it was to this extent when playing ff7 about 6 years ago for the 1st time on ps3 but dang is that emo.

:4cloud:lmao he looks like a chocobo

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
somebody give me money so i can buy a new phone i hate my current one

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I figured it'd be fine if I put words into your mouth since you already did with Sol0ke.
Tra4sh is now Anime Fighter 2015. It's no longer a Smash game.
Uhh, I dunno, the anime characters complaint seems pretty explicit dude.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow? If you think someone was being a ****, then being a **** back to them without context or explanation probably isn't going to get anyone to change anything, or make anything better.

Bleck

Smash Master
maybe the market wouldn't be saturated with so many anime swordguys if you ****ty weebs didn't spend all your money on games fulla anime swordguys

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I think the coolest part about it is that we now have iconic characters from non-Nintendo franchises appearing in much higher concentrations and with much more regularity in Smash games, and the more there are in Sm4sh that are successful, the more that there will be in the future of Sm4sh and whatever the next game may be, if there is one.

We now have Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, and Cloud, with only Sonic and Snake having appeared in Brawl.

This is all in spite of Sakurai saying in 2013 that "I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case."

But now we have a situation where, out of every dozen characters, at least one of them is third party. Five out of 56 is actually quite a lot.

My real concern is just oversaturation of characters just by pure volume, but it doesn't seem like that's become a huge problem so far.

But I think it's really cool that we're getting more of a variety of characters. Regardless of art styles, we're getting new, distinctive characters from a lot of classic franchises and getting them to fight against our old favorites from growing up. That's the idea at the core of Smash, in some ways, and it's great that it's been able to expand and license as much as it has.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
When people say something is too anime what they usually mean is generic.

Guilty Gear is anime as **** but manages to have a wide variety of interesting character designs and varied archetypes in its roster. But the most popular character in the arcades is of course, Sol Badguy, because he is so conventional.

Top Bottom