• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Dammit someone left toast in the toaster at the physics' café and I'm too autistic to ask whose it is or remove it so I'm not having breakfast this morning.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
fallout 4 is really nice until combat happens
Isn't that every fallout game?

I can stand the combat but I can't stand the fact that they did absolutely nothing with the abysmal inventory system, trying to manage your inventory is just a mess. Viewing it from your pip boy is nice but it'd be really great if they made an alternative that takes up more screen space, with a searching feature

It sucks how mods have to add quality of life stuff that you'd expect them to do in a sequel

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This is why you travel light/remember the **** you're carrying

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
So far I've fought;

- Ghouls. There are around ten ghouls, always, along with one super powered ghoul - they all move extremely fast (making shooting them out of VATS unreasonably difficult), they all take three or more shots to kill (meaning I can only kill them with VATS one at a time, leaving me a big chunk of time where I'm just hipshooting and hoping for the best), and they consistently do radiation damage, lowering my max health.

- People (and synths). There's no cover system, so every encounter with other humans either involves awkwardly poking my whole entire body around corners to try to shoot at people or standing in place and hoping I do more damage to them than they do to me.

- One deathclaw, which basically felt like fighting a ghoul but I had power armor so it didn't kill me immediately.

Sprinkle in a liberal dosage of randomly stepping on ****ing mines and dying (and random other **** exploding near me, also making me die) and almost all combat encounters I've had so far have been a pretty flat and frustrating experience.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So far I've fought;

- Ghouls. There are around ten ghouls, always, along with one super powered ghoul - they all move extremely fast (making shooting them out of VATS unreasonably difficult), they all take three or more shots to kill (meaning I can only kill them with VATS one at a time, leaving me a big chunk of time where I'm just hipshooting and hoping for the best), and they consistently do radiation damage, lowering my max health.

- People (and synths). There's no cover system, so every encounter with other humans either involves awkwardly poking my whole entire body around corners to try to shoot at people or standing in place and hoping I do more damage to them than they do to me.

- One deathclaw, which basically felt like fighting a ghoul but I had power armor so it didn't kill me immediately.

Sprinkle in a liberal dosage of randomly stepping on ****ing mines and dying (and random other **** exploding near me, also making me die) and almost all combat encounters I've had so far have been a pretty flat and frustrating experience.
Feral Ghouls being harder due to being stronger and in larger groups is a great thing, they were laughably easy in previous games. You also may be playing on hard or above (bethesda actually made the hard mode hard in 4 lol). It's nice to have them mix things up, basically being a counter to vats. Shoot at their legs unless you're feeling confident you can hit the head, if you destroy a leg it completely immobilizes ghouls and they cant do anything. Alternatively find some mines, throw them down in front of you and shoot in the air until they come running

You can actually peek out of walls by standing next to one and aiming down the sights, your character leans over. The only problem is that I think once you exit sights your character sort of pops over outside of it, though Ihavent really used cover that much tbh.

You have no one but yourself to blame if you step on a landmine, that's lack of awareness especially considering mines have bright orange lights on them and no longer blend due to being the same shade of grey as concrete in previous games.

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Personally, I'd say the combat in Fallout4, while not stellar, is vastly improved over 3. And I liked 3 a lot, so that's enough for me. My only issue comes from the enemies that randomly spawn from underground. I feel like that should be a Mole Rat exclusive thing. Radscorpions are already quiet enough :(

Also
w0pnv19.png

It's over.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Just get the Sneak perk to level 3 so you don't trip mines kek

The cover system is pretty broken, you can only use it in first person and sometimes it puts you out of cover when you go away from iron sights.

Feral Ghouls aren't that bad, especially if you have the dog with you. A shotgun makes them always super easy to deal with. Just wait until you get to the bloatflies, those things are a pain because vats sometimes magically stops working against them and their rad poison does a **** ton of damage. I'm more scared of those things than anything else...

except legendary enemies. **** legendary enemies, why do they go back to full health? I run into them all the time and at the worst opportunities. Especially the super mutant legendarys, who seem to have an infinite number of molotovs on top of doing a good amount of damage. Having to kill an enemy twice isn't exactly fun.

Haven't gotten anything good from them either

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Did OMGrey really just casually post that he killed someone or is he just ****ing with us.

Completely agreed with everything Bleck said, the combat in the 3D Fallout games were just never really that enjoyable to me. Most confrontations usually amount to me scrambling like a headless chicken trying to kill them faster than me. I do have fond memories of some epic fights in abandoned supermarkets taking cover behind aisles, but it was always rough around the edges and needed much room for improvement. I'm sure Fallout 4 will be solid freaking gold, but going off my experience with 3 and New Vegas, the games really just aren't for me.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Mfw three of my professors say they arent there to teach, just to reinforce what we've learned from the book

why am I paying for this class if I can just read a damn book

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm one of those that liked Fallout 1/2 over 3 and New Vegas. Those games were a hot mess mechanically-speaking, one that was spewed all over the other cool stuff, rendering it kinda meh. Also didn't help that I fell prey to that rampant data corruption thing in Fallout 3.

Still, I wanna give 4 a shot. Bethesda, aside from a couple of little bits, hasn't completely tarnished the "feel" of the franchise entirely, mostly in terms of the lore and the stories.

Smooth Criminal

Bleck

Smash Master
*note that there's no objective system in place that evaluates a professor's proficiency, either at evaluation or in their respective field

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I tune into the Nin-Direct today for some game announcements. All I got so far is a remake of my least favorite 3D Zelda by skyward sword and pokemon puzzle games. :/

Edit: 70 bucks for all the fates paths. ehhhhhhhhhh....

Linkle is a thing for HW, but only for 3ds. ehhhhhhh....

Dragon quest 7 woot.

Dragon quest 8 woot woot.

First 3 pokemon games for eshop. yee.

Mighty No. 9 has 2 player co op. yeeeeee.....

CLOUD STRIFE IS IN SMASHBROS WE CAN ORGASM NOW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom