• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
That's just more oppression from the Patriarchy.
You better watch your privileges next time. You just might have them checked.
Sorry there Muscle_Senpai Muscle_Senpai , this dank meme just tagged +1 to your privilege stat. The only way to reverse it is to get some technicolor hair dye, some old Ray-Bans, and become a tortured novelists who questions his own humanity in public while writing pretentious haikus.

Last edited:

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I put a case on my Lg g3 and now it's beyond comfortable pocket size

Phones don't need to be this big ****
I agree, look at the jump between iPhone 5 and 6.

I've heard from some people that once you use a larger phone you never want to go back, but the inconvenience of having a phone that big makes me think it's not worth it.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
My guess is confirmation bias

or maybe fundamental attribution error, kinda
Yeah, I guess you're right...

As someone who had technicolor hair....eh, you're probably onto something. It's really more of a highly visible minority thing though. As someone who used to be in that sort of crowd, there's a ton of regular people who are just plain bitter about the world, lots of crossover with their respective countermovements.
So in other words it may just be an Internet flavored fashion statement?

Also I actually find unnatural hair colors in real life pretty cool sometimes, and not ironically either.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Sorry there Muscle_Senpai Muscle_Senpai , this dank meme just tagged +1 to your privilege stat. The only way to reverse it is to get some technicolor hair dye, some old Ray-Bans, and become a tortured novelists who questions his own humanity in public while writing pretentious haikus.
Look at this great shine
No other good characters
Fox is the greatest

Pretentious enough?

Real talk though, it's rated as something common among those in uneducated movements because they use it as a particular ideal, rather than coloring their hair because they actually think it looks good, it's the embodiment of "effyourbeautystandards" they choose bright vibrant colors to accompany their boisterous personalities in an attempt to create a unique independent look. Honestly if they didn't have their own dedicated support group who deny all forms of rebuttal( truthful or not) it probably wouldn't happen as often.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
http://i.imgur.com/NNvI1hg.jpg

I know a few people now that take out their phone when they play Smash. I think that's a horrible inconvenience. Mine was fine but with this case it's unreasonable.

People have a lot of praise for this case, but the built in screen protector has rainbow effect like they mentioned and plastic just doesn't feel as good as glass (which is why I would get a glass protector). I wish this phone was less than $250 so I could just enjoy it without putting protector(s) on it to diminish the enjoyment. I may just buy the $9 glass screen protector and take off this case and rely on hope for everything being protected.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I like Zer0 from Borderlands and the haiku guys from Spyro 3 because the way they talk is actually stylish rather than pretentious.

Helsong

Smash Ace
So in other words it may just be an Internet flavored fashion statement?

Also I actually find unnatural hair colors in real life pretty cool sometimes, and not ironically either.
I mean, what else could it be beyond a fashion statement in the literal sense? A lot of people do it because they simply think it looks good. I think the association with extremist "sjw" opinions is mostly confirmation bias, and trying to equate the two is pretty silly imo, as correlation is not causation, and I'm not so sure there's significant correlation in the first place.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Ah, OK.

I thought it wasn't actually that terrible, though? Since he literally can't shield or else he becomes grabbable again, on top of a kinda silly setup. Or is it just sheer jank that's warranting the ban?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yup. They were wrong about Y2K, as well. Just treat them saying that malarkey as the BS that it is.
Why do you like all these really humanistic shows and then when you talk about your personal beliefs you become like the antagonists of the show you like?

It is absurd to think that the public would ever have a negative perception of Simon. He is a war hero. He is the indispensable man. And he is killing the giant murder machines, and now he is doing it without collateral.

Let's be real Gurren Lagann. It hasn't even been a decade, opinion doesn't change that much.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why do you like all these really humanistic shows-
Because in them I see how I would like things to be.
-and then when you talk about your personal beliefs you become like the antagonists of the show you like?
...Because in said antagonists are twisted reflections of how folks are liable to be when they no longer care what barbaric deeds it takes to get to a better future. Spoiler'd wall of text covers more on this:
For all the posturing I do about doing what's right and shunning what's wrong, I have many outright vile tendencies myself. That I lapse into being an edgelord every now and then is what happens when my temper gets the better of me/when I stop forcing myself to hold to the principles I value so highly, intentionally or otherwise. I try to keep that sort of behavior to a minimum, and I don't need to go into detail about how often I fail in that regard. I've got no excuse for my deeds. ...Sorry.
tl;dr:

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I mean, what else could it be beyond a fashion statement in the literal sense? A lot of people do it because they simply think it looks good. I think the association with extremist "sjw" opinions is mostly confirmation bias, and trying to equate the two is pretty silly imo, as correlation is not causation, and I'm not so sure there's significant correlation in the first place.
What I said wasn't even meant to be a serious evaluation so you are right, it's ultimately nonsense, but okay.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Diddy glitch is honestly being blow out of proportion. It's stupid and does literally break the game to a small extent (but not the extant of being unplayable) and Diddy may or may not deserve a ban as a result of that.

However it isn't some some kind of thing that makes Diddy unbeatable or w/e. And if Diddy doesn't shield then that means you can just crazy aggro him. If Diddy does shield then you have the opportunity to reset the glitch. Not a super huge thing that makes him unstoppable.

At most it would just make him have better MUs (but I doubt they are guaranteed wins for him) against characters overly reliant on their grab but that isn't really new and shouldn't be used as basis for a Diddy ban (only reason is because the glitch is literally game breaking to a small extent but not to any major extent).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Gurren Lagann is dumb yo.

Superman Thought Robot would body Gurren Lagann though.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Agreed. Gurren lagann is dumb.
However it is a type of dumb that transcends time and space and will last throughout the ages, touching the hearts of all who view it

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Now, I certainly don't agree with all of Russian policy, but, as the video says, American / UN imperialism / foreign intervention is the direct cause of, well, all sorts of bad things.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
However it is a type of dumb that transcends time and space and will last throughout the ages, touching the hearts of all who view it
It certainly did a number on mine.
"Just a bit longer, please!", indeed...

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd take blue hair if it meant I could look like Marth.
Don't have the anything else tho mostly.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
What I said wasn't even meant to be a serious evaluation so you are right, it's ultimately nonsense, but okay.
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to direct that whole spiel at you specifically. It's just me writing mostly stream of consciousness and it ended up looking and sounding like a rant. My B.

Gurren Lagan is dumb, but it's fun. It's a Saturday Morning Cartoon show. It's simple, it's flashy, and it has heart.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to direct that whole spiel at you specifically. It's just me writing mostly stream of consciousness and it ended up looking and sounding like a rant. My B.

Gurren Lagan is dumb, but it's fun. It's a Saturday Morning Cartoon show. It's simple, it's flashy, and it has heart.
get that 3deep5u trash outta here gurren is for ***** lusers

whos all going to genesis, whos tryna hamster pile at the furry convention

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone post this yet;

'0:08 I hope they make her booty a little more jiggly on final release but probably not since it's all about toned as **** muscle. Still dem thighs tho. Would happily die buried between for rest of life

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm perma-banned from WindyCityPM.

Oracle had mod powers for about 5 minutes and I said that Bomberman Hero didn't age that well. So I got timed out by Oracle, then Pooch tried to un-time me out and I think it glitched, now I'm banned forever.

What a wild and crazy life I live.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
I'm perma-banned from WindyCityPM.

Oracle had mod powers for about 5 minutes and I said that Bomberman Hero didn't age that well. So I got timed out by Oracle, then Pooch tried to un-time me out and I think it glitched, now I'm banned forever.

What a wild and crazy life I live.
Don't think I've played any Bomberman games, is that a bad thing?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Don't think I've played any Bomberman games, is that a bad thing?
You should at least play Bomberman 64.

Or listen to its soundtrack. Either is good.

IIRC Bomberman 64 The Second Attack's OST was composed by the same man behind Chrono Trigger. That is all.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
They're much better as multiplayer games so I'd recommend getting some friends over before trying any of them out

Although the single player modes can be pretty fun as well. I also agree that Bomberman Hero hasn't aged well, I remember playing it some years back and thought it was worse than Bomberman 64 which I already wasn't a big fan of

Went to a smash thing today, Bayless (one of the top players in our state) came over and we all had a good time. We ran a mock tourney, he 4 stocked me game 1 but game 2 it went down to last stock scenario... I didn't know how to DI any of his throws and kept DIing them for a perfect lightning kick lol. Managed to 2-0 everyone else I faced there though. Had to leave early because I was afraid my grandma would lose her **** at me being gone late at night. Would definitely want to do it again

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen him play Sonic before so I wouldn't know. Even before in other tournaments I've only seen him play Zelda

Top Bottom