• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So what type of music do people listen to when they practice stuff by themselves? I know audio cues are important but practicing tech skill can go on for a while so I usually listen to things when I practice and during friendlies.

I like loud/busy things, helps keep me in the zone surprisingly.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I find I like mellow yet rhythmic music for when I am practicing. I had a practice session earlier today where I listened to Nujabes and a playlist of artists with a similar style. Blockhead is another good one for that. It's enough to provide a background to my thoughts while never really becoming too distracting.

I like chiptunes/chiptune remixes too, good **** YarsRevengerson

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
how have you not seen any white controllers before
they are the only ones you can still get new so they tend to be everywhere nowadays
Yeah, these days people with (non-custom) colored controllers are in the minority. People have gotten into a lot of controller modding over the last few years, but aside from that, white controllers are probably the most common color.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah this is what confuses me about Turbo mode. First time I played Turbo, I could cancel any move with any other move. So Ganon's jab linked into four more jabs, and Samus' screw attack took people up to the ceiling pretty fast. The second time I played it, this could not be done.

If a list of known bugs could be posted in the thread telling us not to make report bugs, that'd be great.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah this is what confuses me about Turbo mode. First time I played Turbo, I could cancel any move with any other move. So Ganon's jab linked into four more jabs, and Samus' screw attack took people up to the ceiling pretty fast. The second time I played it, this could not be done.

If a list of known bugs could be posted in the thread telling us not to make report bugs, that'd be great.
You mean like these?
http://smashboards.com/threads/do-not-report-bugs-regarding-turbo.343439/
http://smashboards.com/threads/known-issues-bugs-list-for-3-0-read-before-making-a-thread.331896/

Kati

Smash Lord
Indeed. What I am suggesting is that as the thread in the first link you provided is quite barren, a second list of known bugs that resembles the list found in the second link you provided but that pertains to the topic of turbo mode be made available. As posting about Turbo mode bugs isn't being done, we can't find confirmation whether or not what we find on our own is a bug or is intentional.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So PMBR what's your stance on the ICs infinite?

Link for convenience.

It's being discussed. We probably won't remove it if it messes with any of IC's handoffs etc but if there is an easy way to remove it we might, haven't decided yet. We are fixing grab release points to be a lot closer to melee which will already make this chaingrab harder so *shrugs*.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's being discussed. We probably won't remove it if it messes with any of IC's handoffs etc but if there is an easy way to remove it we might, haven't decided yet. We are fixing grab release points to be a lot closer to melee which will already make this chaingrab harder so *shrugs*.
What exactly are grab release points, and what's the difference from Melee
As posting about Turbo mode bugs isn't being done, we can't find confirmation whether or not what we find on our own is a bug or is intentional.
Just PM me all Turbo bugs/abuses, and I'll be sure to make them all known when I use them in the next streamed Turbo side tournament

Godzilla Destroy all Monsters too good
http://www.twitch.tv/spidermad/c/3426015?t=67m40s
http://www.twitch.tv/spidermad/c/3426015?t=70m23s

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What exactly are grab release points, and what's the difference from Melee
throw release points are what the thrown character's position is when the throw's knockback is applied
Melee had a different throw release point that changed depending on the weight of the character being thrown
brawl, and thus project m, have the same release point for a throw regardless of who is being thrown
either PMBR fixed that difference, or they are making a better static release points for ICs throws.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Could you go on more about that, I can't tell if I want that back

In regards to IC's you do. This is just an IC's change not a global one if you are taking it like that, every character has different throw release points.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I think it's fine tbh. It's situational as well as being easy to screw up. I don't see ICs becoming the next 2.6 Ivy or this making much of a difference to how they relate to the rest of the cast. To me this seems more difficult than wobbling, hand offs, or Brawl CGs. You have to manually control Nana's spacing which is tight and the regrab window is small if the character is light. The regrab window and spacing varies from character to character. I might be underestimating the PM community though and maybe a lot of people will be able to perform this consistently but I have my doubts.

If the PMBR is discussing this I'd recommend those taking part in the discussion to try and attempt the infinite themselves on a variety of characters to get a sense of the risk in attempting to go for it in a match.

If it does get removed I have to say it feels pretty cool to find something condemned by the PMBR.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So about pokemon's final smashes... is it possible for them just to spawn items on themselves, like metal, mega shroom, star, bunny ear, homerun bat and curry (turbo mode?)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Anybody have a link to that mod for Mario Kart Wii that was mentioned here that had like over a hundred new courses
google has proved useless
even just the name would help tbh

JB IV

Smash Cadet
I will definitely be learning the infinite if it stays.
I like how it is situational and, unlike in Brawl, the timing is different on all characters (referring to Brawls F-throw CG).
However, I don't think that the infinite is too situational. Since ICs have a large number of invincibility frames on the ledge (up-b or desync'd ledge-grabs), opponents have a smaller window that they can hit ICs off of the ledge compared to other characters. This makes it more difficult for opponents to grab the ledge and could force them to land on-stage. Characters with up-b's that have a lot of landing lag (Marth, Sheik) would then be easy to land this infinite on (wave-land onto stage>grab>infinite).
Anyone have any guaranteed infinite set-ups?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Our friend, Psychonaut QQ, will be coming over to smash tonight at 6 CST. We'll be streaming for at least two hours probably. He's still relatively new to competitive smash and needs to work on L-Canceling, but I would really appreciate if people watched my stream tonight and offered advice on what he should be doing and such. :) www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We Christmas now
Yyyyup.

BTW, in case you guys haven't noticed I've altered some items' hitboxes and such to be more sane and balanced. One idea I had that I can do for another time was to make all items spawn in a certain point, like the top plat of Battlefield. What's your thoughts on modifying item spawn points to only be in certain points?

otter

Smash Ace
I think it's fine tbh. It's situational as well as being easy to screw up. I don't see ICs becoming the next 2.6 Ivy or this making much of a difference to how they relate to the rest of the cast. To me this seems more difficult than wobbling, hand offs, or Brawl CGs. You have to manually control Nana's spacing which is tight and the regrab window is small if the character is light. The regrab window and spacing varies from character to character. I might be underestimating the PM community though and maybe a lot of people will be able to perform this consistently but I have my doubts.

If the PMBR is discussing this I'd recommend those taking part in the discussion to try and attempt the infinite themselves on a variety of characters to get a sense of the risk in attempting to go for it in a match.

If it does get removed I have to say it feels pretty cool to find something condemned by the PMBR.
Hype always finds a way.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
One idea I had that I can do for another time was to make all items spawn in a certain point, like the top plat of Battlefield. What's your thoughts on modifying item spawn points to only be in certain points?
Horribly promotes camping at item spawn points, which is (at least) equally uncompetitive* as the randomness of having them spawn at different locations. For the sake of not having to do more work than you need to, I don't think you should do this.

*I know that you're not trying to balance the items for competition, but I can't think of a better word to use. I mean like changing it this way negatively impact the gameplay and devolve a match into a battle for a single item at a time. Random spawn locations also have flaws, but I think that not only would this change not solve the problem, but potentially make it worse.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
HotDogTurtle, I love your signature. Wario being my main ended on the same date it did for you :(.

Top Bottom