• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I only liked the Sonic games when I was the playing the originals as Knuckles. That way I could actually play without running into a spike or enemy every other second.

All I did was glide with Knuckles.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Of the Sonic games I have played, only one has kept my interest for a long period of time (to the extent to where I still have it today).

But none of you are going to like what it is. As it is generally hated/disliked among most.

Shadow the Hedgehog.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I can never see myself not having a variant of Joseph Joestar in my avatar slot.

If it ever happens someone's gonna quote this post and tell me I'm a liar when I eventually change again.
I wonder if anyone has called you out on this you liar.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
SA1> SA2 because no stupid shooter sections

And they were actually cool in both games. Heck, E-102 story was the best by far in SA1.
Of the Sonic games I have played, only one has kept my interest for a long period of time (to the extent to where I still have it today).

But none of you are going to like what it is. As it is generally hated/disliked among most.

Shadow the Hedgehog.
I played and finished it. Well, I didn't get all the keys or whatever but got all endings and the final battle, but I didn't quite enjoy the ride to say the least. Now that I'm replaying most of my games in Dolphin I tried to go back to that game and just couldn't.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

And they were actually cool in both games. Heck, E-102 story was the best by far in SA1.

I played and finished it. Well, I didn't get all the keys or whatever but got all endings and the final battle, but I didn't quite enjoy the ride to say the least. Now that I'm replaying most of my games in Dolphin I tried to go back to that game and just couldn't.
Gamma's sections weren't stupid

Therefore SA1> SA2

steelguttey

mei is bei
there has never been a good 3d sonic game

mayyybe generations (i think colors was 2.5d or something) but 2d sonic is only sonic

Vashimus

Smash Master
1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, CD, 4 Ep 2, Battle, Rush, Heroes, Colors and Generations say otherwise.
They really don't.

The older 2D games were great at the time, but not really anything special now. Sonic 1 was a solid game, then Mario World came out two months later and crushed it and its subsequent sequels mercilessly.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So I was finally able to play a rosalina main that I wanted to play for months

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think it would be accurate to say that E-102 Gamma controls like a fast car and turns on a dime in levels that last a few minutes. Tails and Eggman are more like tanks with very long levels that take up one-third of the game. It's not a fair comparison.

It's the same reason I am perplexed for the overblown hatred of Big's fishing levels. They are incredibly easy and you can breeze through them since you can finish each in less than a minute.

I feel like Adventure's problems are always magnified to make Adventure 2 look better in comparison to its fans.

Helsong

Smash Ace
tl;dr: He had to sell out because big tourneys cost more money than doing things the way grassroots scenes do, i.e., PM can cover.
There's mounds of legal BS because it's PM, too, so, hey, money over morality.
...Morality? Wait, since when does including(or not) a game in your lineup a moral choice? It's not good/bad, it's just..logistics. Cold hard economics.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Economics is always treated as amoral and just based on making money, just the way it is, but there is moral decision-making at work.

It's a question of values in this case essentially if morality is a poor choice of words for a videogame tournament.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
They really don't.

The older 2D games were great at the time, but not really anything special now. Sonic 1 was a solid game, then Mario World came out two months later and crushed it and its subsequent sequels mercilessly.
But does Mario World have a built in debug mode that you can **** around with in it?

Helsong

Smash Ace
Economics is always treated as amoral and just based on making money, just the way it is, but there is moral decision-making at work.

It's a question of values in this case essentially if morality is a poor choice of words for a videogame tournament.
I don't necessarily equate values with morality(morality can be in your values, however), nor do I feel like this was a moral decision. Juggleguy chose to value running his tournament as best as he can over including a game. And he clearly stated that including PM would in some way endanger his ability to do so. That's why I don't think it's a moral decision-what moral value can you assign to that? Can you say that it was a "good" or "evil" decision? It's entirely based on what you value.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
>Says PM will never be at a lager scale tournament like this

"But you guys should totally try your hardest to make your game come back to a tournament the next year if it isint featured in the current year"

Okay Juggleguy.

Also can manage to get enough Wii U's and GCs but not enough wiis, that's pretty questionable there, especialy since wii's can be used for PM AND MELEE

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Is it some kind of hot meme to make a post saying that Sonic games are bad, and then provide little reason to back it up with

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
K guys I need help.
How can I make my house attractive to Women? Here's the Play Room.
Women like strong, hairy men that are financially independent. Decorate your walls with posters of strong half naked men and leave large patches of your hair around the house. Keep the biggest stash in the air vents so that it circulates the testosterone throughout the house.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You need one poster related to foreskins and circucisions
Maybe try to clean up a bit? There doesn't seem to be a lot of space to walk.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1337054006/hufo-the-missing-piece/description
If I woulda donated $10 I coulda got a "HUFO print", but that things even weird for my tastes.. in which case I'd love the hell out of it (but then I'd stare at it and just get angrier at circumcision). But that'd be going the opposite direction I've been trying to do with my house to look appealing.

Space to walk? So just clean up the cords/push the consoles back? I'll do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom