• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@MAD I know you have an archive of certain people's posts, so I'm wondering
I wasn't able to find this with google
Awhile back I posted about a dream I had, involving something something "It's Melee poison, you'll never get it out"
I think it also involved Cell from DBZ, a nightmare in a church being chased by him until he stabbed us with his tail
What are the chances you have that in your archive

I think about that sometimes because the premonition was remarkable
The Melee poison still hasn't been totally purged from PM imo

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Awhile back I posted about a dream I had, involving something something "It's Melee poison, you'll never get it out"
I think it also involved Cell from DBZ, a nightmare in a church being chased by him until he stabbed us with his tail
Its copy pasted into one of the conversations on the tinder he set up for you.

Jessica wants to know your stance on peanut butter and inflatable butt plugs

D

Deleted member

@Umbreon I had a dream about you (bec was there too)
Do you wanna hear it?
Too bad you are hearing it, you kinky sadistic ****er
We were sitting around (on a bed I think? dunno if I remember exactly) and you started graphically describing your sex life
And because it was a dream, even though you didn't say it outright, I knew somehow that you were implying/inviting me to a threesome
The dream even got your mannerisms right, although I can't say I've heard you talk specifically about that since we've spent a limited amount of time talking
And I didn't actually say no, but because it was a dream you knew I was turning it down
so when I looked away, you stabbed me through with two long, thin nails (as in, carpentry nails not fingernails)
one through the thigh, one though my left thumb into my palm
and I kinda freaked out
and instead of pausing to assess, I just tore the nail out the side of my thigh instead of pulling it out longways
and then stretched my hand the nail there tore out the side of my thumb as it pulled outta my palm
you left my control stick thumb useless you ****
I woke up and those spots hurt
weird
to be fair, this sounds like something i would do IRL

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

get in there you sexually-repressed twinkie

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
For the past week i've been wondering why the place i'm trying to work at hasn't been able to run a background check. My massive anxiety/paranoia was telling me it was someone messing with me but as it turns out i'm a dork who put the wrong SSN... I was supposed to start work a week ago *sigh*

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Messing with watergun again because stubborn
Find out that squirtle is coded stupid and some of his hitboxes are in GFX for whatever reason
Find frame stuff in gfx of grounded watergun
Take out two frames from a sync timer just to see if it will finally speed up
Water Gun now comes out twice if you do it in the air and land

My
****ing
sides

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What kind of girl out there still takes things slow? How's that even taking it slow when she had you stay the night? How's that even cuddling then? Where's the kissing, groping, and dry humping?

I think about that sometimes because the premonition was remarkable
The Melee poison still hasn't been totally purged from PM imo
Well every version that's been getting closer to Melee gets that much more better. With keeping the good Brawl things. There's no Melee poison in PM at all right now to begin with, let alone Melee doesn't have that many dumb decisions. Some that even seem dumb are still defensible in an arcane way we may not understand.

- Dash controller thresholds being dumb explained by Magus (fixed by Brawl?)
- SH being determined a frame early (fixed by Brawl)
- L-cancelling
- Shield drop thresholds being hard
- Mashing (in all the games)

All these have arcane depth that can't be seen on the surface, that made Melee what it is. Even for SH being determined a frame early, even though it's not worth continuing it. Same with mashing if we came up with an outstanding alternative.

Brawl's landing detection on the other hand? It's nearly a complete joke. I could list so many Brawl things that are just plain bad.

The real poison is the PMDT not knowing what the hell they're doing and removing AD cancels because Juusichi is a noob. Just look at 3.5 Pit, he's a shell of a character. Same would be Ike if you went with Juusichi's remove his QD JC. The people that dislike Melee the most are the ones to be feared. They can start going backwards from the direction that was going beyond Melee.

And you just search yourself with the term poison using smashboards search on the top right
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread.260812/page-2127#post-15209216

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Okay I have been noticing an increasing amount of Freudian Slips of the tongue from me lately.
Today I ended up saying something to piss someone off after I said thank you....

Is there something wrong with me?

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
There was no option for "******* stabbed me with nails"
note that by nails I mean carpentry nails, not finger nails
"Also consider the pun, "getting nailed" which refers to a sexual innuendo or which means getting caught with something."
Please.
You denied the threesome so you got nailed instead.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Do it. You won't regret a minute of it, unless you absolutely hate the art style. I was intrigued by the first episode, and then it just kept pulling me in. Helps that it's short(11 episodes, I think), which I think keeps the writing tight and doesn't let the plot meander too much.
Hey, I'm all for experimental stuff (which is especially needed in Japanese animation design). As long as the animation is objectively good, I can get into it.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What kind of girl out there still takes things slow? How's that even taking it slow when she had you stay the night? How's that even cuddling then? Where's the kissing, groping, and dry humping?
Others may disagree, but knowing things are going slow at the outset sounds far better to me than getting yourself worked up like that and getting blocked when you are ready.

That's just a nasty tease.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@Juusichi stop ruining the things
Okay I have been noticing an increasing amount of Freudian Slips of the tongue from me lately.
Today I ended up saying something to piss someone off after I said thank you....

Is there something wrong with me?
Frued's **** isn't science. GTFO or reframe your behaviors around respectable theories about behavior.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I don't understand what's happening in this thread and I don't think I want to.
we got kinky again
also this

Frued's **** isn't science. GTFO or reframe your behaviors around respectable theories about behavior.
Just wanna say that freudian psychology isint all bs, a group of scientists predicted nearly everything Hitler was gonna do about two-three ish years before he did them using it.
Edit: wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mind_of_Adolf_Hitler

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Also, Freud's ideas about the unconscious mind and how we compartmentalize things, the significance of dreams and the importance of childhood development were revolutionary at the time.

He was actually very progressive for his time in wanting to help people overcome their anxieties and did not view homosexuality as an illness like his contemporaries but arrested development instead.

You have a hate on for a guy for being wrong about stuff. A lot of people are wrong about stuff but you take the good and discard the bad. That doesn't make Freud's work equivalent to astrologers.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Also, Freud's ideas about the unconscious mind and how we compartmentalize things, the significance of dreams and the importance of childhood development were revolutionary at the time.

He was actually very progressive for his time in wanting to help people overcome their anxieties and did not view homosexuality as an illness like his contemporaries but arrested development instead.

You have a hate on for a guy for being wrong about stuff. A lot of people are wrong about stuff but you take the good and discard the bad. That doesn't make Freud's work equivalent to astrologers.
Just because it was revolutionary doesn't mean I can't give Plate a hard time.
It is also hilarious because there is so little science involved in it. This is a guy with some of his most important work coming out during his crack years for God's sake. Just because his view on homosexuality was slightly less offensive, doesn't mean he was a socially progressive dude. He saw women as having weak superegos, basically reinforcing the idea that they were incapable of rational thought. Even as a therapy it isn't very exceptional, getting results through the placebo effect, regression to the mean, and just the reassurance and false insight the therapists provide creating comfort for the patient.

I will make an argument about how progressive early astrologers were in their time if you want.
someone didnt read the edit
Regarding the earlier Murray report which fed into the Langer report, psychiatrist Michael Stone states "There's a whole lot of what we would now think of as psychobabble...", including discredited psychoanalytic theories and psychiatric labels used in different ways to today.[23]
A Wikipedia article isn't a valid argument.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Hey, we talking about dreams?

I recall three major ones, two of which when I was a kid:
  • I stepped on a bee, then it suddenly revived and turned into a Killer Needle from Yu-Gi-Oh!, hovered in front of my face for about fifteen seconds before rearing its abdomen to sting me, and I woke up just before it pierced my face
  • All I recall of the second was that I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and I summoned a Donphan in Defense mode
  • All I recall of the most recent a few months back were the presence of overly large breasts and a rubber duck, neither of which were in the same scene
Considering the fact checking that wikipedia does, especially of important pages, I sincerely doubt that it's a good idea to completely dismiss it

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Urgh, srs bsns topics... We should know better than to do this.
The thirst is real.
And there's nothing wrong with that, having urges of that nature is part of being human. You just have to have good self-control and, ya know, make sure not to treat anyone like a piece of meat.
Look at it this way, for instance; I'm a total horndog, but I'm also SUBTLE about it ,unlike most here. ...Usually, with stuff like that Chaika post I made being the exception to the rule.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
PM Yoshi is new bae

I started to finally figure him out a bit this weekend. something about DJC land>jab OoS feels so good. His combo tree started making sense and figuring out how to set up kill moves started to flow. Y O S H I B O Y Z
This reminds me. Here are some yoshi vids of sPAPI the yoshi player in my area that i told you about.

Thats also our youtube channel if you wanna subscribe for more! A D V E R T I S I N G B O Y Z !

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Considering the fact checking that wikipedia does, especially of important pages, I sincerely doubt that it's a good idea to completely dismiss it
It is a resource.

I had one dream years ago that I was Danny Phantom, or that Danny Phantom was there, and my palace was burning and collapsing.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It is also hilarious because there is so little science involved in it.
Sure you can, but the point is that many of Fraud's observations with his patients ended up yielding fruit later on. So he pioneered a lot of things that people want to pretend he had nothing to do with because they are embarrassed by some of his wackier theories.

Astrology has never yielded anything, ever, except in so far the early ones were also astronomers. But that doesn't mean people go around saying early astronomers were full of **** just because they lacked the tools we have today.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Astrology has never yielded anything, ever, except in so far the early ones were also astronomers. But that doesn't mean people go around saying early astronomers were full of **** just because they lacked the tools we have today.
So you agree comparing Freudian theory to Astrology is fair. Because you give credit to them for being astronomers. Just in the way that Freud contributed to psychology with his extremely flawed methods.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
This reminds me. Here are some yoshi vids of sPAPI the yoshi player in my area that i told you about.

Thats also our youtube channel if you wanna subscribe for more! A D V E R T I S I N G B O Y Z !
Wonderful, I needed to see what you said he was doing with dash attack to edgeguard ike/spacies.

Time to take some notes and figure out what this character's goals are.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So you agree comparing Freudian theory to Astrology is fair. Because you give credit to them for being astronomers. Just in the way that Freud contributed to psychology with his extremely flawed methods.
If that is what you actually meant by that then sure.

If you meant looking to the stars for earthly meaning is the same as making educated guesses based on clinical observations, then no.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It is also hilarious because there is so little science involved in it. This is a guy with some of his most important work coming out during his crack years for God's sake. Just because his view on homosexuality was slightly less offensive, doesn't mean he was a socially progressive dude. He saw women as having weak superegos, basically reinforcing the idea that they were incapable of rational thought. Even as a therapy it isn't very exceptional, getting results through the placebo effect, regression to the mean, and just the reassurance and false insight the therapists provide creating comfort for the patient.

I will make an argument about how progressive early astrologers were in their time if you want.

Regarding the earlier Murray report which fed into the Langer report, psychiatrist Michael Stone states "There's a whole lot of what we would now think of as psychobabble...", including discredited psychoanalytic theories and psychiatric labels used in different ways to today.[23]
It's an example of the book. Are you really that thick headed?

Also kinda funny that with that little science they still managed to predict things that he would do

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If that is what you actually meant by that than sure.

If you meant looking to the stars for earthly meaning is the same as making educated guesses based on clinical observations, then no.
Early, astrologers made educated guesses based on their observations. Observe weird things happen on a full moon? My educated guess is that full moons cause weird things to happen. Obviously you are criticizing them merely due to their lack of understanding. Freud took massive leaps in logic every single time he analyzed a dream, and his clinical observations led him to believe that very specific psychosexual stages led to very specific issues later on in life. If failure to potty train can make me a controlling anal person, why can't the moon make me crazy?
It's an example of the book. Are you really that thick headed?

Also kinda funny that with that little science they still managed to predict things that he would do
It also helps that the Wiki article only shows the notable correct predictions, and not the notable incorrect.

Top Bottom