• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^In this case, that is an insult to those who are dense.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just browsed the Smash 4 Mewtwo boards.

...lmao

I love how unsure everyone is about everything. ¦D

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Uuugh
I can't wait for this to die down so I can use smashboards again

it's times like this where I think I actually hate that game
even though it's not the game that I hate

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
This patch is really silly

Diddy got his dthrow nerfed, but now his upthrow is effectivly the same as old dthrow. Then his general kill power got nerfed.

But lol, everyone else got nerfed too. GNW GOT NERFED. Gnw is so bad already loll. Then peach got nerfed too.

I'm sitting here hoping for jiggs buffs (I just want a throw I can combo off of regardless of di, please) but so far all I know is jiggs lost her jab lock -_-

mimgrim

Smash Hero
but did they nerf greninja
Nothing outside of Shadow Sneak bugfix stuff, which never really got used anyway, and SS hitstun canceling is still in. And apparently Usmash connects better now/second hit is faster, but that is a buff instead of a nerf.

According to what I've heard, anyways. I don't have the patch or M2 yet and won't till midnight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo executives need to send agents to replace retail Smash 4 disks with Melee disks instead

mimgrim

Smash Hero
smash 4 characters need to get buffed across the board so that the game can be more than two stocks and less projectile spam
Stocks is a player problem and not a game problem. All data gathered, albeit small samples here and there admittedly, has shown there isn't much of a difference in length for 2 stock vs 3 stocks and is usually the timer that makes the biggest difference in set length. :drshrug:

As for projectile "spam". That is a "problem" in every Smash game not named 64. The answer to this "problem" is "git gud scrub", so git gud.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Kinda underwhelmed by SSB4 Mewtwo on all counts. Granted I'm spoiled by PM Mewtwo... and I haven't touched SSB4 in months. 15 minutes with that game and I had to turn it off again, it felt icky and awkward and I had no idea what I was doing. I have an easier time going back and forth between PM and Brawl than anything and SSB4.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Stocks is a player problem and not a game problem. All data gathered, albeit small samples here and there admittedly, has shown there isn't much of a difference in length for 2 stock vs 3 stocks and is usually the timer that makes the biggest difference in set length. :drshrug:

As for projectile "spam". That is a "problem" in every Smash game not named 64. The answer to this "problem" is "git gud scrub", so git gud.
I know you're being /s but
projectiles do more damage on average than approached grounded attacks in that game
it's sad

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Kinda underwhelmed by SSB4 Mewtwo on all counts. Granted I'm spoiled by PM Mewtwo... and I haven't touched SSB4 in months. 15 minutes with that game and I had to turn it off again, it felt icky and awkward and I had no idea what I was doing. I have an easier time going back and forth between PM and Brawl than anything and SSB4.
Send me your 3ds code so Ican be disappointed with smash 4 m2 so I dont have a reason to play it and go back to playing pm instead ;-;

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know you're being /s but
projectiles do more damage on average than approached grounded attacks in that game
it's sad
I was not being sarcastic, actually.

I would also like to see proof on that claim, proof that takes into account that characters like Mega Man or Vlillager or Gunner being the exception and not the rule.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I was not being sarcastic, actually.

I would also like to see proof on that claim, proof that takes into account that characters like Mega Man or Vlillager or Gunner being the exception and not the rule.
Oh you were actually triggered
woops
well, here you go
Diddy Kong : Banana 7%
Popgun anywhere between 3 and 10%

Jab combo 5%
Jab multihits 10-11% depending on how many you hit...
uptilt 6%
ftilt 10%
dtilt 6%

Peach:
Normal turnip 7%
wink 12%
circles 19%
Saturn 6%
Dots 17%

uptilt 8%
ftilt 7%
dtilt 7%
double jab 5%

there's more characters but the training room interface is bad so I'm not going to do more to prove my point

also saying you can't use characters in the game we're talking about is like saying you can't say wavedashing is useless if you ignore every character with a longer wavedash than marth, it doesn't matter who the character is, it's relevant
But please ignore me because I don't like the way the game is played and will voice an opinion about it, I would rather you not read my posts than start this **** in this thread.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
SmUsh Mewtwo looks so pretty and I love how fluid his animations are. I hope a few get lifted and put into PM.

Other than that, he's pretty underwhelming.

Helsong

Smash Ace
His sound effects are so much less satisfying(like what happened to Ike) and his animations just don't have the same impact, I feel(just like what happened to Ike).
Like, he's fun to mess around with, but his lack of custom moves and the fact that his moveset is ported pretty much exactly from Melee is..super underwhelming, for something that costs $4.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
But please ignore me because I don't like the way the game is played and will voice an opinion about it, I would rather you not read my posts than start this **** in this thread.
I didn't start anything because of what you said about the game. I started something because of your scrubby complaint. You provided proof, albeit some of it is inaccurate (like diddy doing 7% with Nanner when it is actually 5% at most with a hard throw) that at least for 2 characters it is technically true (I feel like charged projectiles are an obvious exception for an obvious reason, otherwise I could make similar case for a few character in other Smash games as well). But you also don't considered that a good bit of the projectiles are also laggier then in other Smash games as well, in general, which is just as important, if not more, as the damage they deal.

Pretty much any complaint of projectile "spam" in any Smash game comes off as scrub alert to me. I don't mind you disliking a game. Just stop using scrubby complaints that can be used on any of the games, really.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I didn't start anything because of what you said about the game. I started something because of your scrubby complaint. You provided proof, albeit some of it is inaccurate (like diddy doing 7% with Nanner when it is actually 5% at most with a hard throw) that at least for 2 characters it is technically true (I feel like charged projectiles are an obvious exception for an obvious reason, otherwise I could make similar case for a few character in other Smash games as well). But you also don't considered that a good bit of the projectiles are also laggier then in other Smash games as well, in general, which is just as important, if not more, as the damage they deal.

Pretty much any complaint of projectile "spam" in any Smash game comes off as scrub alert to me. I don't mind you disliking a game. Just stop using scrubby complaints that can be used on any of the games, really.
If I had instead said "overuse" "abuse" or "centralizing" would you have ignored it? Probably not. That's what the game is.
All I did was hit someone with a banana and it did 7%, sooo... I just put down what happened
laggier projectiles doesn't mean much(it means a little, still) in a game with less control over characters
projectiles are not the only thing that I dislike about the game, though.
And I don't disagree that there are errs in PM/melee as well, the errs in smash 4 are just much more apparent.

Scrub alert me all you want, but the game is what it is. I might give it a real try if the rage mechanic ever gets removed.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I still haven't got my Mewtwo stuff yet. Instead i'mma link some MKX Kotal Kahn damage vids. And this patch so far for smash 4 seems hit and miss.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If I had instead said "overuse" "abuse" or "centralizing" would you have ignored it? Probably not. That's what the game is.
If I really felt like it I could make the same, or generally similar in concept, argument for Melee/Brawl/P:M.

Doesn't make it any less scrubby sounding as these types of things become less centralizing when you know how to deal with.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Please don't write walls of text just because you think someone on the Internet is wrong.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I got my Mewtwo code lol and man Mewtwo seems meh. He doesn't on a hitbox on Shadow ball when he charges it lmao.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Please don't write walls of text just because you think someone on the Internet is wrong.
That's wrong I don't like that it's just your opinion I can do what I want when I want just like this time when I was eatin chicken and my bro said yo stop eatin chicken and I was just like hey NO I don't like that that's just your opinion I can do what I want when I want So yeah I'll just do that and voice my opinion in walls of text when I feel like it thank you very much!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Everyone on the internet should just be like Gabi from .Hack//G.U.

"It is my policy not to read messages more than three lines long."

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
The smash 4 stuff is interesting, the game obviously plays out really differently to Melee/PM in many ways with combos/edge guarding/shield interaction/projectile counterplay all being vastly different, so it's hard to make direct comparisons. I do wish that Sakurai didn't insist on making moves have awful damage output, though. When so many aerials do like 6-10 damage it makes them feel really underwhelming, and this patch was for a large part just further damage reductions to moves. <_<;

Also, FWIW I don't think it's fair to call someone a scrub for explaining why they dislike a game. Scrubs use excuses to justify their losses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom