• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Shoulda just bought a smash 4 controller
It is a Smash 4 controller. Specifically the white one that was released in Japan.
I work at a local game store and we got them in when our dealer was out of the standard black Smash 4 controllers.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It is a Smash 4 controller. Specifically the white one that was released in Japan.
I work at a local game store and we got them in when our dealer was out of the standard black Smash 4 controllers.
Wtf are you talking about then my white one has perfect triggers

TreK

Is "that guy"
lmao the subjects for the 2nd term school projects have just been announced and they're ridiculous

for some reason the teacher seems to think that programming battleship with online multiplayer would take us as much time as programming mortal kombat with online multiplayer

(I'm gonna take some random Android project since that's something I have yet to explore, sorry I won't be the next Mike Z guise :V)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ah, 1500.

Just think, 5 years from now here will probably be just that many Pokemon.

Or Mega Evos. Whichever comes first.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Rivals of Aether is gonna be so awesome once it's out. I'm considering picking up an Xbone for it

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Rivals of Aether is gonna be so awesome once it's out. I'm considering picking up am Xbone for it
>Rivals of Aether
>Gonna be so awesome
>Ike avatar

Well gee, it's no wonder you're so excited for it. ¦D

Bleck

Smash Master
suddenly invited to a tourney happening later today

quick who should I main

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Rivals of Aether is going to be on PC as well, right? I would laugh if it was Xbone exclusive. Or cry.

Let me just go check that right now....

Edit: It's coming out for PC, thank goodness! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

See, this is why I love some people's usernames on here. Sometimes, they end up not only speaking for themselves, but for an entire majority of a community.

Good show, @N0PE.

I think you're swell, I do. I'm standing pat.

Bum bum bum bum~

I'd tip my hat to you, but I haven't got a hat.

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bum~

Good god, referencing that makes me feel so old.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wtf are you talking about then my white one has perfect triggers
I put the triggers from my new controller into the broken one and sure enough they're stiff and occasionally jam. The new controllers use a different trigger setup than older controllers.
I've seen this same issue pop up on various forums and several times on Reddit so I'm definitely not alone.
If you're controller is fine then congrats.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I put the triggers from my new controller into the broken one and sure enough they're stiff and occasionally jam. The new controllers use a different trigger setup than older controllers.
I've seen this same issue pop up on various forums and several times on Reddit so I'm definitely not alone.
If you're controller is fine then congrats.
how old is your old controller? The differences are only in the little bar that the older controllers had that kept it from catching if pressed down not completely straight. The new controllers are identical in every way to the last batch of white ones.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
how old is your old controller? The differences are only in the little bar that the older controllers had that kept it from catching if pressed down not completely straight. The new controllers are identical in every way to the last batch of white ones.
The broken one I took the triggers from was an OG purple.
I first tried to just take the bar from the housing of the old controller but the triggers were still very stiff. It did seem to prevent the jamming, but they were still quite hard to press and especially full press.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The broken one I took the triggers from was an OG purple.
I first tried to just take the bar from the housing of the old controller but the triggers were still very stiff. It did seem to prevent the jamming, but they were still quite hard to press and especially full press.
Yeah thats a common complaint with the new controllers, you're not crazy. It all depends on what you're used to

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I was reading frame data on throws. It is formatted as:
{Throw}: {Affected by weight?}
{
Released Frame}, {1st Actionable Frame} [{1stAF - Released}] ({Hitbox/es on throw animation if any}; {Other notable info})

What does the stuff about released and actionable frame mean? Especially with actionable frame, doesn't that vary by weight?

Edit: Also what is this nonesense about slipping off edges?
Getup-Roll Backward (Back)
Total: 35
Horizontal Movement At: 12
Distance: 12.8 ft
Invincible: 12-29 (Not a typo. If the roll takes you to an edge you will slip off unless an attack is timed on that exact frame)

Edit2: Smashwiki error, should be U-throw, lmao
  • Marth and Roy: Marth and Roy's forward throw can chain throw Fox and Falco from 0% to about 90%. However, Roy has to turn to chain throw upward but Marth doesn't have to always turn to chain throw upward.

Last edited:
Top Bottom