• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

God how the **** is this falcon punch guy still here

did mods unban him or something?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
bruh
were saying the same thing, you're just throwing needless technicalities onto it

yeah, they are slightly different techs, but a completely new name for something that's literally just canceling the first thing to get a slide/movement boost is stupid. I know it's a set name now but that doesn't make the termonalogy stupid

It's like, we have jump squats. And we have jump-cancels. We say JV grab for a grab that canceled a jump squat. We don't have jump squats and stickygroundpivotslides, because then every time someone tried to explain what someone did to do a standing grab while running, they'd have to explain that they did a SGPS-grab.

It's what bugs me about the term glide toss, because it should be just called roll-cancel Item throw, or like RC-toss. Glide toss works, and now pm AGTs are a thing it wouldn't work, but glide toss is a stupid name that's non descriptive at all.

Plus ****ing hydroplanes have nothing to do with his water moves, I know hydroplaning is an actual word to describe what vehicles do when they skid out on water coated roads, but names like that don't belong in fighting games full of other jargon. It describes the movement, not the mechanics, which is what's so frustrating. If it wasn't a Squirtle unique mechanic (or found early in Brawl I guess) it would never have been called something so terrible
still not as bad as hyphen smashing, or fox trotting, but it's worse than perfect pivot and wolf's brawl "scaring" with side b

Like imagine if MKs infinite dementional cape was found immediatly and named something stupid, every ban list would have to say " Meta Knights hidden inviso-swirly eternal cape technique is banned"

I'm just salty about stupid non descriptive names, your complaint about me not giving the differences between the two enough respect was legit

This happened last time I tried to say sling jumps are just RARs in a stream chat.

I wish I could go back in time and find the Squirtle stuff first and give it sensible names, like shell shifts would just be denoted as "Turn" and hydro planes would be "Turn cancel" or "turn slide" X move. SS is fine but I wish hydroplanes were called like shift boost or shift slide at least.

/rant. Spoilering it because it's silly, plate you don't have to read it
... bruh his two most important hydroplanes (dsmash and usmash ) both involve water, argument rekd.

Real talk tho, hydroplaning is brawl terminology that we adopted because it was already named, so there wasnt a point in renaming it. That's why we all shot down Wombat's TACUS crap because the tech was already named RHUS from Brawl.

Also it's called a Super RAR now because Daft is a dumb name ***** and I decided that slingjumping no longer exists

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
>Bored, playing gta5
>Decide to randomly check ingame internet thing on the phone
>Find the twitter ripoff and read the dumb **** and lel a bit
>Suddenly hit by a train

lel

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's funny that M2K was this close to dropping out of Melee. He claims he's washed up and does better than everyone in the tournament lmao

Bazkip

Smash Master
That went from potentially being the fastest Grand Finals ever to the slowest real quick

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad Leffen still can't go around calling himself a god.

Also, u doods really talkin' 'bout Ganon tec and no one brings up wizkick ledge cancel? wtf

Also2 HBOX PLZ

also3 m2k plz -_-;

CORY

wut
BRoomer
because ecawk isn't that useful, nor is it actually technically demanding. and i'm assuming that's what prettymuchsmelly kailex is looking for, not just "start this up with proper spacing"

it has a great acronym, though.

(pms stands for prettymuchsmelly, right? >.>)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wow you guys hate puff dittos? I bet you refuse to watch smash 4

And probably hate samus dittos

Those are the best sets to watch, so much interaction between the players, truly what smash is about.

/half kappa, I do actually like samus dittos and smash 4 is really fun to watch until a shiek/diddy/rosalina comes on

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I don't want Leffen to be a god because I want this whole "5 melee gods" idea to die
it was real a few years ago but people have caught up.

Top Bottom