• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M simply won't launch. (Homebrew version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punisher106

Smash Rookie
So, I got Project M on my SD card. The Homebrew version. Woo. Let's give this a go. I update it, and everything. Afterwards, I hit Play, ready to go. I hear my Wii rev up the disc, getting up to speed for a while, then it stops, and I see a flash of the Wii channel page being loaded. I try again numerous times, and I get the same result. I gave up after telling the IRC about this problem, which they just gave a flat-out "Welp, dunno what to tell you". I try later, and I've been noticing that on top of the kick to the Wii chanel menu, I get DSI Exceptions, too! Here's a video explaining my predicament:

Could I get some help, please?

MaxThunder

PM Support
for the DSI exception, disconnect the wii from internet... for the being booted to wii menu, have you ever goten any disc reading errors?..
if not, look through teh troubleshooting picture in my signature...

Punisher106

Smash Rookie
for the DSI exception, disconnect the wii from internet... for the being booted to wii menu, have you ever goten any disc reading errors?..
if not, look through teh troubleshooting picture in my signature...
The main issue is the crash to the Wii Menu. It's completely consistent. Brawl, on its own, runs perfectly fine. I don't need to worry about explicit details about the SD card, as I'm using the Homebrew version, instead of the Hackless one. There weren't any specific regions to download for (My copy is NTSC), and my Wii is updated to 4.3. I'll consider re-downloading it, however.

Punisher106

Smash Rookie
...Huh. Well, that was strange. Re-downloading it did the trick. Well, then. Thanks for the help.

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
Ah, I'm having this problem too! My Wii(which is PAL) is softmodded and has homebrew and neogamma backuploader. Although I don't have USB Loader in my homebrew channel. I also have a backup of NTSC Brawl on a USB. Can you help me out? The IRC just got angry at me when I tried asking them, so I have no idea what to do. I also have tried re-downloading it, but that didn't work.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
neogamma often has problems with large codesets so i would recommend that you use Configurable USB Loader instead... I have heard of people getting this exact problem with neogamma in the past, and switching to CFG helped...

Do you remember who got angry at you in the irc?..

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
neogamma often has problems with large codesets so i would recommend that you use Configurable USB Loader instead... I have heard of people getting this exact problem with neogamma in the past, and switching to CFG helped...

Do you remember who got angry at you in the irc?..
Nope, I don't remember who specifically got angry at me. So, then for USB Loader it has to go on the SD card which I use for my soft modded Wii, which also has all the homebrew files or it has be put into my PAL Wii? Also once this is all figured out, do I need a real NTSC copy of Brawl or will a backup work?

MaxThunder

PM Support
it doesn't matter if the usb loader is on the usb or the sd card, as long as the PM files are on the card... an iso works as long as it's the ntsc version of brawl...

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
it doesn't matter if the usb loader is on the usb or the sd card, as long as the PM files are on the card... an iso works as long as it's the ntsc version of brawl...
Ah, thanks! I'm sorry if I ask too many questions, I just like to be 100% sure. One more question, both PM and the other files including USB Loader have to be on one SD card then, right?

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
I just answered that...
OH, okay then. I just wanted to be sure. I just have another question, for updating PM I need to use my ethernet cable adaptor and connect my Softmod Wii to the internet, and I don't need to update my Wii but PM itself, right? Sorry, the guy at the IRC really confused me on this.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah just connect the wii to internet somehow and the PM launcher can update PM... Though at the moment there's a problem with what the launcher connects to that makes it crash (the DSI exception shown in the video up top)... you don't need to update if you get the latest version from the PM site, though...

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
Yeah just connect the wii to internet somehow and the PM launcher can update PM... Though at the moment there's a problem with what the launcher connects to that makes it crash (the DSI exception shown in the video up top)... you don't need to update if you get the latest version from the PM site, though...
Thank you for all this help! Using your advice I'll try to get PM working and if I have any more issues, could I come here and ask you about it?

MaxThunder

PM Support
You're welcome=)... And sure if you encounter some more issues, ask here or send me a PM and i'll help=P...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom