• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

brandon825

Smash Rookie
i have absolutley no idea how to download this. i basically need help if anyone can. its probably best if whoever decides to help me starts from the beginning. and yes i do have a wii, 2gb sd card, and a copy of super smash bros., and project m works, i'd just prefere the patt edition

Solstar82

Smash Rookie
Patt.is possbile to change\replace metal sonic model?its HORRIBLE.its not even a model,its just a recolor of normal sonic.i can't get why there are alternate models such as knuckles,silver etc which are perfectly working, but for metal sonic its just a horrid re-color of original sonic.

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
i have absolutley no idea how to download this. i basically need help if anyone can. its probably best if whoever decides to help me starts from the beginning. and yes i do have a wii, 2gb sd card, and a copy of super smash bros., and project m works, i'd just prefere the patt edition
From 1st Page, 1st Post:
Download the pack.
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put all files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
(Only if Needed) Delete some songs to free up space. (Check the songlist to know what you're deleting, songs are stored in "projectm/pf/sound/strm/")
(Optional) Defrag your SD card.

brandon825

Smash Rookie
From 1st Page, 1st Post:
Download the pack.
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put all files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
(Only if Needed) Delete some songs to free up space. (Check the songlist to know what you're deleting, songs are stored in "projectm/pf/sound/strm/")
(Optional) Defrag your SD card.
is it the purple rectangular box that says download? i tried that yesterday and the day before too, and it shows three options to download. the biggest download is about 1.8some gbs, and the second biggest was i think 1.64 gbs. if so, which do i select? im really sorry, im no good at these kind of things, but smash bros is my favorite game

brandon825

Smash Rookie
is it the purple rectangular box that says download? i tried that yesterday and the day before too, and it shows three options to download. the biggest download is about 1.8some gbs, and the second biggest was i think 1.64 gbs. if so, which do i select? im really sorry, im no good at these kind of things, but smash bros is my favorite game
i think i found the right download, downloaded it, but i right clicked the file, and theres no extract selection. how do i do that? i dont know what fat32 is

Last edited:

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
i think i found the right download, downloaded it, but i right clicked the file, and theres no extract selection. how do i do that? i dont know what fat32 is
Download WinRar and use that program to extract the files to a new destination. Then put the contents onto the SD card in the order that is specified on page 1.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
For all those having issues with installing please read my main post on the first page. It is littered with information and tutorials that can help you faster than doing no research and just posting questions. I'm still taking down suggestions for character skins that need replacing, that are awesome (I don't do recolours I like alt skins and I don't really care about hit box limitations as long as the character can still fight normally), stages that are good, stages that are bad and such.

Please help me by finding issues and I will try to release a new version after the wedding (maybe coinciding with the new Project M build that is set to release eventually).
Thanks again for your support.

Remember, my motto for this pack is not competition; it's fun!

Last edited:

JE-AT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeatkid
3DS FC
2449-5643-6466
Switch FC
SW 3821-2527-4509
I enjoy your mod. Still would like to see some fixes sometime in the future.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Its been a while since I checked this pack, like a month or so, and then, something made me happy...

- Added Seven Blades stage over Summit- Both final destination chamber and ultimate crossover PM is there

I keep saying this, I brings me joy seeing people loving the stuff I do and sharing it with the world.

>.> I'll return in a month

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
I prefer the Johnny Yong Bosch voices over Marth's voice, if Nintendo were to give Marth an english voice, it would be the perfect voice

Still hoping Sonic EXE is put in, Sonic EXE Faithful
I just dont think it fit's at all. Marth isn't cocky like that and the tone doesn't fit him maybe someone like Sam Regal, I didn't like JYB for Zero in Marvel vs Capcom either. I don't know those are just my opinions though

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
Still would like to know what fixes you want to see fixed I can fix them future ;)
I have to say I kind of hate the Aqua over Marth, I love this mod but that skin is just nightmare fuel, and I don't like the Johny Young Bosch over marth, also the one piece stage is no good for just 2 combatants In some spots the railing totally blocks the characters, otherwise in my opinion great job!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I have to say I kind of hate the Aqua over Marth, I love this mod but that skin is just nightmare fuel, and I don't like the Johny Young Bosch over marth, also the one piece stage is no good for just 2 combatants In some spots the railing totally blocks the characters, otherwise in my opinion great job!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm planning on making those changes for the next update.

It's also relatively easy to delete the SFX file that holds Marths new voice but I don't know which file it is in the SFX folde. As it's based on TheytahK's pack you may want to check his OP for that.

phoenixlight

Smash Rookie
Sorry Patt, I asked before but how/where can you get the borderless CSS in edition 7? It's where every portrait has no grey border around it. I want to put it over a clean build of PM , and hopefully it will be easier than messing around with edition 10.

Jash098

Smash Rookie
I went ahead and "Borrowed" your Character Select Screen for my own personal version of ProjectM. While it works perfectly, I'm having the issue of a player can't "Tag out" to let another player play unless they unplug their control.

Basically, they can't become "None" when a player is in that port. Do you happen to have the code that fix's this issue as I'm not directly using your code-set as I used a hacked version for my self.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I went ahead and "Borrowed" your Character Select Screen for my own personal version of ProjectM. While it works perfectly, I'm having the issue of a player can't "Tag out" to let another player play unless they unplug their control.

Basically, they can't become "None" when a player is in that port. Do you happen to have the code that fix's this issue as I'm not directly using your code-set as I used a hacked version for my self.
Go ahead and borrow away! Just don't take credit yah hear ;)

I am in talks with the creator of the framework and I'm trying get that issue solved for my next update.

Sorry Patt, I asked before but how/where can you get the borderless CSS in edition 7? It's where every portrait has no grey border around it. I want to put it over a clean build of PM , and hopefully it will be easier than messing around with edition 10.
I used Theytahks as a base back then and replaced all the portraits by hand. Give that a try.

Last edited:

Jash098

Smash Rookie
Go ahead and borrow away! Just don't take credit yah hear ;)

I am in talks with the creator of the framework and I'm trying get that issue solved for my next update.
Oh if I were to ever release it for whatever reason I would def give credit. I'm mostly just borrowing the textures. Less of the CSS it's self. (Didn't like the default design of it but I enjoyed the Pixel artwork like yours)

Glad to know that it's not just my copy then. Any ETA on the fix its self? And would it be possible to release the code? (I assume the person that made it would update his on Brawl Vault and it would be there as well)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Oh if I were to ever release it for whatever reason I would def give credit. I'm mostly just borrowing the textures. Less of the CSS it's self. (Didn't like the default design of it but I enjoyed the Pixel artwork like yours)

Glad to know that it's not just my copy then. Any ETA on the fix its self? And would it be possible to release the code? (I assume the person that made it would update his on Brawl Vault and it would be there as well)
When I get it I'll release the code changes here as well update my own build. It's a really annoying but for sure.

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
The Triforce Ganon mod is close to completion and Ashingda (as well as a few other testers) have said that the mod is incredibly close to the memory limit or has already surpassed it, causing freezing and such. I haven't been able to test it out because I'm not very experienced with changing code and whatnot. I wouldn't want to ruin anything. With that said, I am unsure if the freezing problems still exist with the latest update.

My question is: will this affect the mod's compatibility with your pack?

I'm very excited to try the mod at some point. Do you have any insight into what I should be replacing to update the mod myself? I do apologize if this question has been addressed before.

Also, will we be seeing the newest official PM skins in your pack?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
The Triforce Ganon mod is close to completion and Ashingda (as well as a few other testers) have said that the mod is incredibly close to the memory limit or has already surpassed it, causing freezing and such. I haven't been able to test it out because I'm not very experienced with changing code and whatnot. I wouldn't want to ruin anything. With that said, I am unsure if the freezing problems still exist with the latest update.

My question is: will this affect the mod's compatibility with your pack?

I'm very excited to try the mod at some point. Do you have any insight into what I should be replacing to update the mod myself? I do apologize if this question has been addressed before.

Also, will we be seeing the newest official PM skins in your pack?
To will see some of the new all skins in my pack. Classic ganon, and light suit samus are a must but the new Marth is too close to looking like just a re colour (from far away).

I'll have to see :)

In regards to the Triforce Ganon mod I haven't officially updated him get because in my beta tests I've found him to conflict with some larger skins like Smash 3 ganon. All you need to do to upgrade on your own though is replace the files in Figther/Ganon with the files that come in the Zip from Ashingda's post. I'd also recommend deleting both FitGanon00 files as they cause crashing (unsure if others do as well).

Play around and have fun!

brunno159

Smash Rookie
Patt, is it normal to crash lets say when i click on mewtwo for 4 times ( i dont remember the exact number), anyway you know when selecting character to change skin. vWii crashes and a buzz sound is played. I guess there are other chars with this bug. Can you confirm that?

Last edited:

MrUzumaki

Smash Rookie
Patt i have been dying to play this but when the PM launch menu pops up my wiimote shuts off and is unable to reconnect. I am using a wiiu can you please tell me if there's a way to fix this

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt i have been dying to play this but when the PM launch menu pops up my wiimote shuts off and is unable to reconnect. I am using a wiiu can you please tell me if there's a way to fix this
It's always worked on my brothers wii u (vWii). It's a hardware problem with your wii mote or low batteries.

Patt, is it normal to crash lets say when i click on mewtwo for 4 times ( i dont remember the exact number), anyway you know when selecting character to change skin. vWii crashes and a buzz sound is played. I guess there are other chars with this bug. Can you confirm that?
That's a strange bug. Try removing everything from your sd card and then formatting and putting it back.

Now is this happening in classic mode by any chance?

To Everyone:

This Saturday I'm getting married, and then I'm going to be gone for around two weeks. This pack is not dead! Haha I will be back in August to update it and get working on all the requests and suggestions you will have made. I may peek into the forums now and then but I'll be pretty busy I think so don't hold your breath ;)

Please help me find freezes and bugs and keep suggesting characters and stages. Please provide links and images to help me now who you are referring too.

Thanks for pushing my thread to the most viewed on smashboards for a while back there. For a guy with relatively little skill, it's crazy to think that so many of you have downloaded and enjoyed my pack (over 3000 since my last count for this version alone!)

Thank you guys, wish me luck, and I hope your questions can be answered by some helpful people.

And don't forget... As competitive as smash can be, I'm here to remind you that it's one heck of a lot of fun too!

Cheers!

Last edited:

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
Definitely good luck my friend. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this mod. And remember as formal and ritualistic and weddings can be don't forget to bring the fun to it.

Booster

Smash Lord
It's always worked on my brothers wii u (vWii). It's a hardware problem with your wii mote or low batteries.

That's a strange bug. Try removing everything from your sd card and then formatting and putting it back.

To Everyone:

This Saturday I'm getting married, and then I'm going to be gone for around two weeks. This pack is not dead! Haha I will be back in August to update it and get working on all the requests and suggestions you will have made. I may peek into the forums now and then but I'll be pretty busy I think so don't hold your breath ;)

Please help me find freezes and bugs and keep suggesting characters and stages. Please provide links and images to help me now who you are referring too.

Thanks for pushing my thread to the most viewed on smashboards for a while back there. For a guy with relatively little skill, it's crazy to think that so many of you have downloaded and enjoyed my pack (over 3000 since my last count for this version alone!)

Thank you guys, wish me luck, and I hope your questions can be answered by some helpful people.

And don't forget... As competitive as smash can be, I'm here to remind you that it's one heck of a lot of fun too!
Cheers!
Thank you for putting it all together, please consider Edward Elric though seeing as Winry and Alphonse are in the game, also, VERY clever how Alphonse turns into Winry

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm planning on making those changes for the next update.

It's also relatively easy to delete the SFX file that holds Marths new voice but I don't know which file it is in the SFX folde. As it's based on TheytahK's pack you may want to check his OP for that.
Oh ok cool I will do that thanks!

Freduardo

Smash Champion

To Everyone:

Cheers!
Congrats on the happy day, Patt! All the best to you and yours in the future.

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
I managed to update the Triforce Ganon mod myself. Testers over on the mod's homepage have also found issues with the mod and custom skins. On my end, at least, I found no conflicts with any of the skins on your pack.

Last edited:

Solstar82

Smash Rookie
I'm still taking down suggestions for character skins that need replacing, that are awesome (I don't do recolours I like alt skins and I don't really care about hit box limitations as long as the character can still fight normally), stages that are good, stages that are bad and such.
the aforementioned (by me)metal sonic "skin"...which is not a skin but a horrid recolor of original sonic.if you could implement metal sonic REAL skin taken from one of those baziliion 3d sonic games,that would be nice

JE-AT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeatkid
3DS FC
2449-5643-6466
Switch FC
SW 3821-2527-4509
Still would like to know what fixes you want to see fixed so I can fix them in the future ;)
Oh, I have encountered a few bugs. On Character Selection Screen for (co-op) All-Star Mode, there's a crash on Player 2's entry while on CSS.
This is a minor problem but, Ganondorf can't grab chao (Mario) unless pivot grabbed.
Also, is it normal for stages to play it's music like Yoshi's Island (Melee) or Ganon's Tower and pick the next stage as Final Destination only to realize the that's playing is the same song that just played from previously said stages?

branman2238

Smash Rookie
@ Pat Anderson could you be able to fix the knuckles skin for sonic cause he looks too short, btw here's some of my suggestions for characters: Paper Mario, Blaze the Cat, Waluigi (assist trophy attire), Spyro, and a different Metal Sonic. btw hope you enjoy your wedding and congrats on getting engaged dude :)

Top Bottom