• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

NanaShiro

Smash Apprentice
Anyone can help me with that? i get error 20110, and when i try to install the addon it takes me back to homebrew menu...

Last edited:

NanaShiro

Smash Apprentice
well, did you update the project m launcher? If not, reboot project m, and u see the screen that says "play" , well under that, u should see "update". Update it
"no updates available", then when i try the addon occurs an error

yujibolt90

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yujibolt90
Okay. So you got your PM folder, right? So follow these steps:

You will need:
A PC/Mac
Something to open up .zips
An SD card (which you should already have)

Step 1.
Where it has the folders apps, codes, and projectm, and the file gameconfig, go into the folder projectm.

Step 2.
Go into the "launcher" folder, then go into the "addons" folder. You will see a .7z file called "wifi."

Step 3.
Open it up. You will see files called "mu_menumain.pac," "sc_selcharacter.pac," "sc_selcharacter2.pac," "RSBE01.gct," and "info.xml."

Step 4.
Keep that open. Now go out of the addons folder, then the launcher folder. You'll see a folder called "pf." Now, before you go into that folder, delete the info.xml, and then put the new "info.xml" file into that folder. (The info.xml you found in the .7z file.)

Step 5.
Go into the "pf" folder, then into the "menu2" folder. Delete the files called "mu_menumain.pac," "sc_selcharacter.pac," and "sc_selcharacter2.pac," and put in the "mu_menumain.pac," "sc_selcharacter.pac," and "sc_selcharacter2.pac" files in that folder.

Step 6.
Now go back to the "projectm" folder. Go back one more step, and you'll find the "codes" folder. Delete the RSBE01.gct file in there, and put in the new one.

Then you're done! I hope this helps.

Last edited:

NanaShiro

Smash Apprentice
It worked! thanks a lot! i really mean it!

Edit: If you still want to play my FC is 2969-5285-3340

Last edited:

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I made so many tech flubs, though. I gotta get cleaner.
lol I gotta learn to tech in general, I do crazy moves in the practice room I'm still not able to incorporate in a match, sometime this month I'mma sit down and make it second nature

That up tilt combo with luigi is pretty gnarly

Last edited:

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
lol I gotta learn to tech in general, I do crazy moves in the practice room I'm still not able to incorporate in a match, sometime this month I'mma sit down and make it second nature

That up tilt combo with luigi is pretty gnarly
That probably works strictly on Link, though. Luigi requires more technique than the Princess. That's why I am trying to pick him up.

Edit: I also switched my controls. I used to play with guard as X, but I'm trying to use the triggers again. I messed up a lot of wavedashes, and you punished me for it. Haha.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Have a bit more patience and awareness when techchasing; you're still basically a Sheik with wings, so if you can't follow my DI, just do something rly passive like WD in place to position yourselr better for a follow-up. Also, angle your arrows more often if you're using them in neutral. You can poke shields, catch jumps, and just put pressure on ppl in general with those kind of maneuvers. Uuuuh, and I guess this applies to edgeguarding as well; arrow looping can cover a lot of area offstage, and limits where I can recover from (it's esp useful vs tether characters). There are also times when can start, extend or just turn combos into techchases with Nair, namely when you're following up mid% Fairs or out of Dthrows that you can't follow up with shield bash or a finishing aerial. Lastly, I think that your combo game could use a little cleaning up; rather than going for Dthrow techchases at low%s, you can just go for something like Ftilt -> techchase Dair -> Nair -> regrab -> whatever you want. It completely screws with your opp's pacing if you've been playing patiently and more or less straightforward in a match. Also, dash attack dan help extend combos if you can get your opp to the ledge and aren't in the position to use a tilt / Dsmash.

Other than that, your patience works well with Pit's tools. You know when to go in and take advantage of that momentum pretty well. Like, given my experience with your other characters, it's genuinely scary to get touched by your Pit if I'm not Yoshi. Keep it up, bro.

Got any tips tor my ICs btw?
Thanks, man. I really appreciate all of this. It definitely helps!

Hmm, for ICs, let's see... I'm not really knowledgeable on ICs as a character, but I can at least make a few suggestions. So a lot of what I was doing with Pit was using a lot of nair in the MU because ICs can't CC down smash the nair until they get hit by all the hitboxes and I think even after that, I have a frame advantage because even after I did the nair, there were times where I could either shield afterwards or do another move like f-tilt or down smash and not get hit. I think in a situation like that, I think it's best to try and punish what I do AFTER the nair instead of trying to punish the nair itself. Also, I started using a lot of f-tilt in that MU because I noticed that even if it hits your shield, it pushes you pretty far away, making punishing that move difficult. You tried to combat it doing a wavedash in after the f-tilt, but I either countered with another f-tilt or shielded if you wanted to wavedash down smash. I think a situation like that should be treated as a mix-up situation because what I decide to do after your wavedash in could be read and punished. Or maybe you decide NOT to wavedash in and then punish any kind of committal option I decided to put myself through.

Also, I think you were doing really well with Solo Popo. I never felt like I had an easy ride when Nana was gone because you were pretty on point with a lot of punishes and reads given that you did not have Nana available. I can't really say much other than keep at it and don't drop the pressure!

Also, I think you were doing a relatively decent job when I was in the air, since I like to be in the air a lot with Pit for some reason, but perhaps there could be improvement in predicting and punishing my landings? Not sure, but probably.

Oh and a lot of Pit's moves are CCable, especially his dair. I like to use dair a lot to start cool aerial combos, but if you CC the initial hit, you can punish me, and I think you were doing a lot of that. More of that, though, would make me very fearful of using the move at low percents.

I can't think of much else at this point. Also, I'm a bit tipsy so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Hope that was helpful! :D

NanaShiro

Smash Apprentice
join my room
I didn't get any sleep before work but GGs! Thanks for the help with the wi-fi stuff

Edit: Also, the lag really mess my game, i guess your also better without it. Fun game at least.

Last edited:

yujibolt90

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yujibolt90
This spam is so annoying. I have to play so safe to beat u. I know how to play safe, its just that its boring. When i 3 stocked u, it was cuz i was being safe. it was boring as mess. Plzzzzz stahp...

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
This spam is so annoying. I have to play so safe to beat u. I know how to play safe, its just that its boring. When i 3 stocked u, it was cuz i was being safe. it was boring as mess. Plzzzzz stahp...
what three stock, you just rage quit

Top Bottom