• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Whoops. I didn't check back quick enough. I am waiting now in the practice stage.
Hey my bad, man. Trati had joined and I was sort of immersed in that. Sorry for making you wait for nothing :/

And ggs @ T trati . Idk why we disconnected at the end there. I'm trying to pick up Pit but as you saw, it's pretty bad lol. You have any advice?

Last edited:

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
Hey my bad, man. Trati had joined and I was sort of immersed in that. Sorry for making you wait for nothing :/

And ggs @ T trati . Idk why we disconnected at the end there. I'm trying to pick up Pit but as you saw, it's pretty bad lol. You have any advice?
Let's go Kman...hey did trati beat you?

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
We're looking for dubs if anyone wants to. We need 2.
Edit: Still looking.

Last edited:

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
Ok, we can play.

And yeah, he was destroying my Pit lol. But he went about even with my Falcon, maybe slightly in my favor. His Snake is so scary, man lmao
lol yeah you have to stop him from planting the mine on you but hes so good at it any slip up he's planted it.
What's your FC? Nvm

Last edited:

trati

Smash Ace
lol u don't need no advice you and 9k only 2 that give me a challenge since y'all go to tournaments and I'm positive y'all place high. umm my only advice is when I come close to u don't shield if u do I'm place c4 on u
also if me n u are close u like to stay in ur shield longer then u should like u would wait until a move with a **** ton of frames to hit u shield then u will react to it but if u do that I can just grab u or c4 u.
your falcon is great I can tell u know ur character
u was rolling a few times not constantly but when u needed to escape u rolled but u shouldn't never roll since u can get punish for it like if

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
u got Skype? kman????
I do have Skype but I haven't used it in like over a year lol

GG's Kman that was so brutal
I still got a lot to work on any suggestions?
You rely a lot on very predictable patterns. When you're afar, the way you shoot projectiles is the same. You never try to use them to cover different options. You're always using the same projectiles to cover the same options. Also, your neutral game is pretty much: dash attack ----> jab/f-smash/up-smash/whatever or double jump nair approach ----> w/e. Sometimes you'd double jump into an empty land into up-b, which was interesting, but all I have to do there is either keep holding shield or roll away. You don't use short hop nair to approach at all, your usage of bombs is almost non-existent, you need to work on both tech chasing and juggling opponents with Link, and you don't edgehog or go offstage to edgeguard. Link's nair is an amazing offstage edgeguarding tool that covers so much area and you never used it at all. Also, you fell for a lot of shield grab baits. When I hit your shield and I try to buffer a roll away, shield grab will always wiff (assuming I hit the shield correctly).

You should work more on not trying to be predictable and trying to approach and space in different ways. This would require some experimentation and creativity. Try going offstage more. Use more bombs. Maybe try approaching with fair. Try grabbing more and going for more grab mix-ups. You may notice that trying to do something different at first make make you lose in-game situations more than usual but this is normal since you're not used to playing that way. It doesn't necessarily mean that the thing you were trying to do it bad just because you got punished for it. But trial and error ill tell you if the new thing you're trying is eventually a good idea or a bad one.

Hope that made sense and hope it helped!

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
I do have Skype but I haven't used it in like over a year lol

You rely a lot on very predictable patterns. When you're afar, the way you shoot projectiles is the same. You never try to use them to cover different options. You're always using the same projectiles to cover the same options. Also, your neutral game is pretty much: dash attack ----> jab/f-smash/up-smash/whatever or double jump nair approach ----> w/e. Sometimes you'd double jump into an empty land into up-b, which was interesting, but all I have to do there is either keep holding shield or roll away. You don't use short hop nair to approach at all, your usage of bombs is almost non-existent, you need to work on both tech chasing and juggling opponents with Link, and you don't edgehog or go offstage to edgeguard. Link's nair is an amazing offstage edgeguarding tool that covers so much area and you never used it at all. Also, you fell for a lot of shield grab baits. When I hit your shield and I try to buffer a roll away, shield grab will always wiff (assuming I hit the shield correctly).

You should work more on not trying to be predictable and trying to approach and space in different ways. This would require some experimentation and creativity. Try going offstage more. Use more bombs. Maybe try approaching with fair. Try grabbing more and going for more grab mix-ups. You may notice that trying to do something different at first make make you lose in-game situations more than usual but this is normal since you're not used to playing that way. It doesn't necessarily mean that the thing you were trying to do it bad just because you got punished for it. But trial and error ill tell you if the new thing you're trying is eventually a good idea or a bad one.

Hope that made sense and hope it helped!
thanks bud
what exactly is tech chasing?

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
thanks bud
what exactly is tech chasing?
No problem!

And tech chasing is when you follow someone's tech option, either on reaction and/or by prediction, and you punish them with a move (usually a grab) and then you put them in a situation where they have to tech again (usually by doing a throw that forces them to tech) and then you rinse and repeat in order to rack up damage.

If you don't know what a tech is, it's when you do a quick get up after you get knocked down into the ground by your opponent and you press L, R, or Z before you hit the ground. As for your possible tech options, you can do a tech roll to the left or right, you can tech in place, or you can choose to not tech at all and just hit the ground (which can be useful in tricking/messing up your opponent).

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
No problem!

And tech chasing is when you follow someone's tech option, either on reaction and/or by prediction, and you punish them with a move (usually a grab) and then you put them in a situation where they have to tech again (usually by doing a throw that forces them to tech) and then you rinse and repeat in order to rack up damage.

If you don't know what a tech is, it's when you do a quick get up after you get knocked down into the ground by your opponent and you press L, R, or Z before you hit the ground. As for your possible tech options, you can do a tech roll to the left or right, you can tech in place, or you can choose to not tech at all and just hit the ground (which can be useful in tricking/messing up your opponent).
ahh thank you, I was also wondering is there anyway to get out of those chain grabs? I tried teching before I hit the ground but I was just immediately grabbed again...and again and again

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
ahh thank you, I was also wondering is there anyway to get out of those chain grabs? I tried teching before I hit the ground but I was just immediately grabbed again...and again and again
Yeah, the reason why that happened is because you did not have good combo DI. When you're getting comboed or chain grabbed, you usually want to DI diagonally down and away from the opponent so that you can avoid the most devastating follow-up (again, this isn't true for all characters. For some match ups [and at some percents], holding in or doing no DI at all is the best combo DI). You were not DI'ing away from Pit at all so every time I did down throw, you were still in my re-grab range before you could hit the ground to tech because you plop up right in front of me. If you DI'd down and away from me, I can't regrab you for free and would have to react to/read your tech option and try to punish you either with another grab or literally anything else. The latter situation is much harder for me to do and it's more likely that I will mess up, causing you to get away. With Pit, it you want good combo DI, hold diagonally down and away from Pit before getting down thrown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom