• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I started playing PM last September, pretty much watch and analyze a bunch of Roy stuff and come into the game store thinking "I have a chance, with all the work I put in". At first this held somewhat true (the matches were close that I lost or were in matchups I hadn't played much). Then comes Ripple with that D3 and pretty much bodies my Roy. Had to start from scratch and use Squirtle, which proves difficult for D3 in neutral. The point is, if I'm on my own with 20XX and PM, I'm ok, I'm cocky and not so much on autopilot. But these matches online are quite frustrating, bc it's me constantly going back to the drawing board and trying to cover my faults (Ex: Handling projectiles, that I feel is something that will be abused once an opponent figures it out)
That's the beauty of competition: There's always going to be someone who is better than you, showing that there are an infinite amount of things that you can work on to keep improving. If you have drive to improve, constantly going back to the drawing board is a very common practice in order to be able to constantly review and practice upon your mistakes. I used to get exited when I'd go back to the drawing board because that was the time where I could develop new ideas and theories. Don't view it as frustrating, view it as empowering, an intellectual power-up if you will.

Also,...
I uederstand. lol I was getting annoyed too. GGs.

I'm still down to play if anyone else is game.
I can play! 0174-1013-2303

Sephy95

Smash Lord
That's the beauty of competition: There's always going to be someone who is better than you, showing that there are an infinite amount of things that you can work on to keep improving. If you have drive to improve, constantly going back to the drawing board is a very common practice in order to be able to constantly review and practice upon your mistakes. I used to get exited when I'd go back to the drawing board because that was the time where I could develop new ideas and theories. Don't view it as frustrating, view it as empowering, an intellectual power-up if you will.

Also,...

I can play! 0174-1013-2303
Welp a bit late now but I'm still game. lol

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, how come on the site they say Wifi set CAN'T differentitate between the lightpress shield (l and r) and no C-stick buffer?
Though when I play online I can do all those things?

Plus add me guys. FC is in my sig.

thanks

Last edited:

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, how come on the site they say Wifi set can differentitate between the lightpress shield (l and r) and no C-stick buffer?
Though when I play online I can do all those things?

Plus add me guys. FC is in my sig.

thanks
I've never been able to do those things, I think it's just your imagination bud.

smashbro211

Smash Cadet
NNID
pokebody2
3DS FC
3840-6227-2427
Sorry @ smashbro211 smashbro211 , I know I'm whiny when it comes to connections, but that was totally unplayable. I've played other people from Maryland with no problems, so I don't know what the issue was.
I understand. I'm not in Maryland right now but the internet that my wii is connected to is trash. Might as well be playing sm4sh on 3DS on FG.

Awes_

Smash Rookie
I'm really new to Project M and wifi in particular, so anyone want to play a total noob?

1895-7869-1943

Top Bottom