• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

RAVEMotionzZZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RAVEMotionzZZ
3DS FC
3566-2020-1472
GGS I have to go later
p.s. You Kirby is good

RAVEMotionzZZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RAVEMotionzZZ
3DS FC
3566-2020-1472
Is anyone just to play now I'm free to play now

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Added Tesla and Dubaholic to list. Also Mattnnf have you been adding people? I still have my registration waiting for you.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Just need to find the right players. I had game that felt so close to playing offline. So far ive only run into about 4 people with a great connection like that but one i thing i know is im never removing them lol.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Finding people in your area is way better than trying to get lucky with a connection online. Now, I'm not knocking this thread, because I used to play online too and may still do it (I'm the only person in Nebraska on that list). But in the meantime, you may as well add yourself to that growing list and see what pops up eventually. You might discover someone you didn't previously know about.

Mrirvin1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mrirvin
3DS FC
4639-9443-8067
Finding people in your area is way better than trying to get lucky with a connection online. Now, I'm not knocking this thread, because I used to play online too and may still do it (I'm the only person in Nebraska on that list). But in the meantime, you may as well add yourself to that growing list and see what pops up eventually. You might discover someone you didn't previously know about.

well yeah you're right about that! lol I might as well put me down in there!

On right now if anyone wants to dance.

I might can play! I have to see first! I'll private message you if I can! :)

Guel

Smash Journeyman

I disagree. Finding a good connection is actually way easier than finding someone in your area. I get plenty of offline play but sometimes its not enough. Sometimes I have 1-3 am cravings for some ProjectM. Thats where wifi comes into play. The majority of the time i update this list or reply to it is usually around that time because my offline friends went home. You being the only person from nebraska on that list should motivate you to play wifi. Chances of you finding someone are slim.

You also make it seem like online players are bad? Playing online even with lag still gives you match up experience that you just wont find in your area sometimes. While my friends are skilled they each have their mains and usually stick to them apart from maybe a secondary character. However online ive run into diddys warios olimars and more. Limiting yourself to your area limits how much you can learn. Vsing different playstyles and characters will make you a better player. If you do have a change of heart and pick up a bigger interest in online play be sure to leave your code and id be glad to play you.

As far as the list goes. You can feel free to add me to the list if you want. I actually checked that list before I created this thread just to put that out there. Im from Paterson, NJ.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. Finding a good connection is actually way easier than finding someone in your area. I get plenty of offline play but sometimes its not enough. Sometimes I have 1-3 am cravings for some ProjectM. Thats where wifi comes into play. The majority of the time i update this list or reply to it is usually around that time because my offline friends went home. You being the only person from nebraska on that list should motivate you to play wifi. Chances of you finding someone are slim.

You also make it seem like online players are bad? Playing online even with lag still gives you match up experience that you just wont find in your area sometimes. While my friends are skilled they each have their mains and usually stick to them apart from maybe a secondary character. However online ive run into diddys warios olimars and more. Limiting yourself to your area limits how much you can learn. Vsing different playstyles and characters will make you a better player. If you do have a change of heart and pick up a bigger interest in online play be sure to leave your code and id be glad to play you.

As far as the list goes. You can feel free to add me to the list if you want. I actually checked that list before I created this thread just to put that out there. Im from Paterson, NJ.

What exactly are you disagreeing with? Don't put words in my mouth. I never said finding someone offline is easier, I said it was better. No "good connection" comes close to offline play in terms of lag. The more technical you are, and the faster you try to play, the more difficult it is to play in wifi. It literally steals inputs as you play, making precision impossible. And like I said, I'm not knocking the idea of searching out others to play online, but you said it yourself, you go to wifi as a last resort when no one else is available.

When did I ever say anything about other wifi players? Are you kidding? Regardless, you didn't actually say anything to suggest that they're good, either. :confused:
You just said they play different characters, and with different styles. And believe me, I've played good players where they hang out at www.xat.com/dabessdi.

I'm here in the first place because i have a limited amount of people to play (I have found others in my area, and that experience is so much more valuable). I was curious to see what was going on here, and encouraging people to look around their area to find players. Again, I may come back to wifi so I don't have to play alone when my friends aren't around, but I remember I left because it can be so agonizing. Hell, one of the guys I play with uses a flatscreen, and even that lag can be annoying.

There's really no reason not to add yourself to the PM Locator Project if you're looking for people to play, as the offline experience is so much better.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
I never said finding someone offline is easier, I said it was better. No "good connection" comes close to offline play in terms of lag.
Dont you think everyone realizes this? Stating the obvious dude. Ofc offline is better but if I needed offline play i wouldve posted in that PM Locator. Im sure anyone here would have. However they didnt. Either because they didnt know about it or theyre like me and already have offline play on the daily.

When did I ever say anything about other wifi players? Are you kidding? Regardless, you didn't actually say anything to suggest that they're good, either. :confused:You just said they play different characters, and with different styles. And believe me, I've played good players where they hang out at www.xat.com/dabessdi.
Gtfo dude ive played there aswell. If I cant find a match there I check here and vice versa. So far only good players ive seen/played there have been 9kay jungle Frozen zhime and oracle. This may be because of the hours I get on or what not but other than those its the same as here. Some good and some still learning. Ive run into great players on both sites. There was no reason for you to bash the players here. Everyones been somewhere before in terms of skill level. Nobody started out pro.

I'm here in the first place because i have a limited amount of people to play (I have found others in my area, and that experience is so much more valuable). I was curious to see what was going on here, and encouraging people to look around their area to find players.
Your first post said "By now you all probably know that wi-fi sucks because of lag. While you're busy adding yourselves to lists, head on over here for potential offline matches." You came here with the full intention of mocking the players here. If you had no interest in joining this list then you shouldnt have posted.

There's really no reason not to add yourself to the PM Locator Project if you're looking for people to play, as the offline experience is so much better.

Ive already said to add me. Paterson, NJ Now that youve got what you wanted lets stop this.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Dont you think everyone realizes this? Stating the obvious dude. Ofc offline is better but if I needed offline play i wouldve posted in that PM Locator. Im sure anyone here would have. However they didnt. Either because they didnt know about it or theyre like me and already have offline play on the daily.
Ok, you were the one that tried to compare wifi and offline play as if they were similar. I was refuting that, because they're not. Glad you agree on that. Sorry that correcting you and stating the obvious just happened to be the same thing. As long as we're stating the obvious, let's mention that people online play different characters. Oh wait, you already said that. Why are you going to call me out on stating the obvious if you do the same thing?

You have no idea what kind of offline opportunities the people in this thread have, and shouldn't assume it's the same as yours. Also, there's always a chance that someone lives in your area that you don't know about, and they could play characters that you need matchup experience against. Given that possibility, why would you be against playing them in a superior offline fashion? If you had "plenty" offline practice like you say, you wouldn't feel the need to seek matchup experience online. Adding yourself to PM Locator only increases your chances of finding someone else to play. Though I can't imagine you will now. You seem to stubbornly hate me for pointing these things out.

Gtfo dude ive played there aswell. If I cant find a match there I check here and vice versa. So far only good players ive seen/played there have been 9kay jungle Frozen zhime and oracle. This may be because of the hours I get on or what not but other than those its the same as here. Some good and some still learning. Ive run into great players on both sites. There was no reason for you to bash the players here. Everyones been somewhere before in terms of skill level. Nobody started out pro.
I NEVER bashed players here. Please point me to where I did anything of the kind. I'm just going off of what YOU said, which was, paraphrased, "You think online players are bad? I'll have you know that online players play different characters that possibly your irl friends don't use." I was surprised that you challenged me (on something I didn't even say) and then didn't even address wifi players' skills level. If you're going to say the skill of players here and on xat is similar, I'll have to take your word for it.

Your first post said "By now you all probably know that wi-fi sucks because of lag. While you're busy adding yourselves to lists, head on over here for potential offline matches." You came here with the full intention of mocking the players here. If you had no interest in joining this list then you shouldnt have posted.
Once again, putting words in my mouth. You are misinterpreting my words, I promise. I said "wi-fi sucks" not "people on wi-fi suck." Mrirvin1234 seems to understand me. I imagine you don't because you started this thread and think I'm attacking you. I'm not. And once again, I've already said that I may come back to playing wifi. So your accusations are baseless.

I'm not against coming here for matches if I decide to play online for some experience, which is looking somewhat likely.

Ive already said to add me. Paterson, NJ Now that youve got what you wanted lets stop this.
The whole idea is to add yourself. It's not my project, and I don't have the power to add you to their webpage. It's not me being stubborn by refusing to add you to the list; you really do get more out of it by adding yourself, because then you'll get notifications of when others are added, and who knows? They may live near you.

I'm going to assume that lots of people in here didn't know about xat. For one thing, it's a much more efficient system of finding online matches, in my opinion. conversation happens more quickly, and you don't have to refresh the page again and again to find someone. This thread is good for players looking for practice, but why not also lead them towards more options? I know you want your thread to expand, but why pretend that this is the best method of online matchmaking? I don't understand what smashboards has over the chat.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
You have no idea what kind of offline opportunities the people in this thread have, and shouldn't assume it's the same as yours.
True.

If you had "plenty" offline practice like you say, you wouldn't feel the need to seek matchup experience online.
Did you even read what I wrote dude? I said I play wifi at times around 1-3 am when nobody is around for offline.

I'm going to assume that lots of people in here didn't know about xat.
How could they not know? Someone mentioned dabessdi as one of the first replys to this thread.

you don't have to refresh the page again and again to find someone. I don't understand what smashboards has over the chat.
The point of the list was so someone could quickly add 20+ people and not need to ask for their code. Once the list gets large enough players will a be able to get on and always find someone seeking a match. No code trading required since they should have each other added already.

The whole idea is to add yourself. It's not my project, and I don't have the power to add you to their webpage.
Will add now.

Kept it short to end the drama and get this thread back on topic.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Did you even read what I wrote dude? I said I play wifi at times around 1-3 am when nobody is around for offline.
Ok, but when I read I get plenty of offline play but sometimes its not enough. it sounds different.

Kept it short to end the drama and get this thread back on topic.
That's fine. Glad you joined. I'll be around.

ps. I added more to my previous post before I realized that you had replied. Not trying to start more sparks, just letting you know. And its purpose is more for people who don't know about xat.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
I'll be on for a bit tonight, I'll try and add as many to the list as I can- the past few days have been nuts and I may not get much smash time coming up here.

Zike

Smash Rookie
I'll add myself to the list. I'm pretty fresh onto the scene, so I feel like my play is pretty mediocre atm.

My FC is 2578-2893-1929. If you're still around and playing, IronChar, I'd be down to play.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I'm ready to play 1v1s with anyone, friend code under my username.

I've added you Zike, got a lobby up now!

MattNF

Smash Lord
yeah I got DC'd also, ggs.

I think some of the more laggy matches were because of the new alt costumes... I had that issue with someone else once as well.

Top Bottom