• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll try @ Paradoxium Paradoxium !

Good games Kaizo, no clue why the connection went so far south during those later games. I wanted to see if it'd clear up, but every time it did it was really short-lived. Had fun playing with you though, especially in the Roy ditto.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel
GGs, the connection just kept getting worse and worse so i just called quits

would like to play some more ness dittos in the future, i think i can take you :p

Last edited:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Oh man guys I'm sorry if Victini said anything that may have imposed on you guys. He tends to be very passionate lol, and will stand up for his friends to the end. Hopefully no one is mad at anything he said about me or any of you XD
I would hate to be you, lol. Have a reputation to hold up and everything on here. ;P

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Oh man guys I'm sorry if Victini said anything that may have imposed on you guys. He tends to be very passionate lol, and will stand up for his friends to the end. Hopefully no one is mad at anything he said about me or any of you XD
No one is mad. We respect how good a player you are, I agree that you're probably one of, if not the best player here.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Anybody wanna play little Polo
Are you a fffffffFFFFFF****ING ROBOT??!! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!
Seriously, no salt, but people who play like that just make me so mad. It's like I'm not learning anything, having fun, improving, or doing anything. I'm just letting you practice. How does anyone play like that?

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
Are you a fffffffFFFFFF****ING ROBOT??!! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!
Seriously, no salt, but people who play like that just make me so mad. It's like I'm not learning anything, having fun, improving, or doing anything. I'm just letting you practice. How does anyone play like that?
Uhh... Sorry? Now I feel bad :( I can give you some advice if you'd like.

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
Really I was bringing my best ;_: It seems like if people all played like that, it would just be whoever gets the first hit wins the stock.
Don't worry, literally everyone has been through what happened to you.

Last edited:

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
Please do .3.
You see that I'm not bad at all from your game with peach, I'm just not THAT good, oh my god.
Well, first of all, I think you might need to work on your movement game a bit. You can wavedash, which is good, but using it repeatedly isn't all that useful. For example, as Marth, you would wavedash a lot and use F smash as an approach almost every time. I can't really put into words how to get better, but when you watch M2k or another good Marth they usually dash dance around the opponent and try to bait out something. Going in with F-smash not only leaves you open, but makes it really predictable if you keep on going for it. Also, you have a habit of rolling away and teching away from me, so try and remember those habits while you play.

Hope this helps you a bit!

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Well, first of all, I think you might need to work on your movement game a bit. You can wavedash, which is good, but using it repeatedly isn't all that useful. For example, as Marth, you would wavedash a lot and use F smash as an approach almost every time. I can't really put into words how to get better, but when you watch M2k or another good Marth they usually dash dance around the opponent and try to bait out something. Going in with F-smash not only leaves you open, but makes it really predictable if you keep on going for it. Also, you have a habit of rolling away and teching away from me, so try and remember those habits while you play.

Hope this helps you a bit!
I've had people tell me the opposite, which is "don't dash dance so much with marth, you're more ready if you wavedash". Which makes a lot of sense to me. I've gotten really good at it, and wavedashing a lot works for me with everyone but you ;_; Should I use side B or grabs to approach out of dash dance instead? And what about against people like falco, zss, pit, mario, characters who just pop off their ranged attack and get to F you up? Just get really good with shielding?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I've had people tell me the opposite, which is "don't dash dance so much with marth, you're more ready if you wavedash". Which makes a lot of sense to me. I've gotten really good at it, and wavedashing a lot works for me with everyone but you ;_; Should I use side B or grabs to approach out of dash dance instead? And what about against people like falco, zss, pit, mario, characters who just pop off their ranged attack and get to F you up? Just get really good with shielding?
You have to use wavedashes in combination with dash dances, DD makes you more mobile but you can do more things out of a dash dance. The point of dash dancing and wavedashing is to help you space yourself with your opponent.

Last edited:

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, wavedashing is fine, but when it's almost the only thing you do, you'll get caught in your movement. As for approaching, side B is also a pretty risky approach as it has a lot of lag. Grabbing can be good, just be sure to mix it up and go for different options. For characters like Mario, you can beat out his fireballs with fair or nair pretty easily once you get the timing down, and for the rest, shielding and wavedashing out of shield can help

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, wavedashing is fine, but when it's almost the only thing you do, you'll get caught in your movement. As for approaching, side B is also a pretty risky approach as it has a lot of lag. Grabbing can be good, just be sure to mix it up and go for different options. For characters like Mario, you can beat out his fireballs with fair or nair pretty easily once you get the timing down, and for the rest, shielding and wavedashing out of shield can help
I never thought to wavedash out of shield to get by projectiles o.o
You've changed my life. XD

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@ Paradoxium Paradoxium
what's with the lag spikes? is that you or me? i'm gonna go reset my modem

you can play with us dizzy, just need 1 more

Last edited:
Top Bottom