• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
3141-3263-2057 and may u host pls
GGs guy. I had a lot of fun. I had to go, but it was me who had the problem, not you. My sister came home and started killing the internet so... LAG! But, I was also getting a bit tired, not to mention I still have homework to do.

I life your sonic. And your... something else. I forgot, but it was really good.I hope we can actually find other people to play with in teams some time soon. I think we'd be awesome partners... ;P

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
GGs guy. I had a lot of fun. I had to go, but it was me who had the problem, not you. My sister came home and started killing the internet so... LAG! But, I was also getting a bit tired, not to mention I still have homework to do.

I life your sonic. And your... something else. I forgot, but it was really good.I hope we can actually find other people to play with in teams some time soon. I think we'd be awesome partners... ;P
GG's I got dem MK Surprise Attacks lol I havent played my Diddy in a while too.

Halkite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Halkite
3DS FC
0190-0628-9257
Its a wonder that connection was holding out at all. Wasn't expecting it to cut out that early though, even if you are on the other side of the country.

Edit: Seriously. I don't think we can play since we are so far apart. I mean I would certainly draw the line at a d/c and then afterwards having the game come to a complete stop mid match.

Last edited:

omega941

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-6132-4625
give me two secs sry
sumthins up wit mah connection
hold on gotta take care of sumthin
that lag tho prolly my side F!@#

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ omega941 omega941
Didn't see the other persons post before mine. But if they afk then there's my roon.

Does anyone else want to fight? I'll have a room up.

FC is 3182-9684-8331

omega941

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-6132-4625
BTW do either of you know wats up with that zatchiel guy it says he on p:m but i can't join and it doesn't appear that there is anyone he/she is currently playing Geezus i can't do this right now im never any gud an night tho. i got class tommorrow so peace out

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
BTW do either of you know wats up with that zatchiel guy it says he on p:m but i can't join and it doesn't appear that there is anyone he/she is currently playing
I was playing with Puddin, but I wasn't the host. It didn't seem anyone else was joining his room, so I decided to pop my head in.

Good games Puddin. Were you playing any different today than you have been the last few days? I don't see where you incur complaints about campy play and all that. I was able to deal with it rather easily if that was "the worst of it." No offense to you though, of course. Just curious as to what the fuss was about.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ omega941 omega941
Were you Ace? If so GGs. I forgot those stages even existed. It might be easier to fight against people without weapons though. Giving Peach more things to throw is hazardous to your health. lol

I was playing with Puddin, but I wasn't the host. It didn't seem anyone else was joining his room, so I decided to pop my head in.

Good games Puddin. Were you playing any different today than you have been the last few days? I don't see where you incur complaints about campy play and all that. I was able to deal with it rather easily if that was "the worst of it." No offense to you though, of course. Just curious as to what the fuss was about.
People who don't know the princesses' play style become heavily confused when the royal ladies don't go rushing head first into their character's long ranged/spammy/safe attacks. I meaaaan, it's not like they move slowly or lack range or aaaaanything. So instead of learning the match up they just stay confused. Or they try to camp against me to prove how effective it is against people who have delay within delay.

So I have to constantly remind them that I can't even camp or chase campers with my current setup at all; unless I feel like dying a lot in a sad way. Mostly because saying "it's called spacing and that's how they work; it just doesn't look fancy because I can't use any techs online" is never a good enough answer. lol

It's not a big deal and I understand where they're coming from. People tend to use the faster and sometimes less complicated characters so when Peach/Zelda comes out it really offsets the fast paced nature of Project M.

But ye GGs. I usually open a room and do something else so it's no biggie. My Wii froze because your aerial combos2hardcore. I tried to keep you on the ground because that is the only way I think I could at least take you on. But you were all NOPE, I MUST FLY. Tho you SD'd a lot. What happened there? Also are those your secondaries?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
But ye GGs. I usually open a room and do something else so it's no biggie. My Wii froze because your aerial combos2hardcore. I tried to keep you on the ground because that is the only way I think I could at least take you on. But you were all NOPE, I MUST FLY. Tho you SD'd a lot. What happened there? Also are those your secondaries?
I was thought the SDs were to end the game because it seemed to be desynching during a few of them. I didn't notice until you stopped what you were doing and just started crouching and killing yourself. And yeah, Roy is my secondary, but Doc and anyone else I used was just for the hell of it. Although I do enjoy playing Mario and Doc, I wouldn't list them as characters I can use too confidently.

GGs @ Zatchiel Zatchiel sorry have to wake up early tomorrow gtg
Good games. I had no clue what to do against Samus's camp on a stage like DP. I could've shielded more, but wifi made that an unbearable hassle. Still had fun messing around with Roy though.

omega941

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-6132-4625
@ omega941 omega941
Were you Ace? If so GGs. I forgot those stages even existed. It might be easier to fight against people without weapons though. Giving Peach more things to throw is hazardous to your health. lol

People who don't know the princesses' play style become heavily confused when the royal ladies don't go rushing head first into their character's long ranged/spammy/safe attacks. I meaaaan, it's not like they move slowly or lack range or aaaaanything. So instead of learning the match up they just stay confused. Or they try to camp against me to prove how effective it is against people who have delay within delay.

So I have to constantly remind them that I can't even camp or chase campers with my current setup at all; unless I feel like dying a lot in a sad way. Mostly because saying "it's called spacing and that's how they work; it just doesn't look fancy because I can't use any techs online" is never a good enough answer. lol

It's not a big deal and I understand where they're coming from. People tend to use the faster and sometimes less complicated characters so when Peach/Zelda comes out it really offsets the fast paced nature of Project M.

Naw i understand the match up cause i know a few people who play peach and luigi is my general pick against that character in particular, but my connection isn't the best in the world and i know i can't really play in delay cause it completely destroys any sense of timing i had in the first place. Tho that just seems to be my issue in general is knowing the timing between potential strings and the spacing to properly execute said strings. I know how to tech and cancel and i've been practicing my wavedashing but i don't quite know how to utilize them properly yet and lag just makes it all the worse for me. The SD are almost always a result of my earnest in wanting to get the meteor smash and unfortunately this all to often leads to input error on my side and i wind up hurting myself instead of helping myself. however playing at night almost always has a negative effect on me as well. Im a day person it's who i am. I've never been able to perform well at night cause im just to tired to do anything at that point. S!@# tho man i couldn't even get a single win that night. i'd get close but F!@# F!@#$% GG tho guys

Rags

Smash Ace
Yeah @ omega941 omega941 I know exactly what you mean. That's why I try not to play online for too long since it messes with my timing pretty badly when I play the local games. I'd stop playing entirely, but I like playing people like @ NEO! NEO! and @ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin cuz they force me to play patient. How well I generally do against em is how well I can stay patient. Really everyone I play (when it's not laggy) I learn something from, though patience is currently the one I need to work on the most.

Top Bottom